Hacking injecting FBI results in black screen (luma3ds 9.2E emunand)

• Thread starter Nyap
  • Start date
  • Views 2,379
  • Replies 14
  • Likes 1

Nyap

HTML Noob
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So i'm helping @gentleman91 install luma3ds with menuhax and we're having trouble injecting FBI :unsure: I told him to give me his hs_emu.app, which he obtained using the latest release of decrypt9. I used universal inject generator with FBI 1.4.17 and I gave him FBI_inject_with_banner.app, which he injected using his decrypt9. When he enters luma3ds and opens health & safety he get's a black screen with "An error has occured"

Any ideas? his english isn't that amazing so he's definitly not capable of installing arm9loaderhax unless they make a swedish translation

Reactions: gentleman91

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
delete all the files (hs_emu.app the banner.app, the entire universal inject generator. then start over with all of it. this should be really simple. also try using a newer fbi cia? 2.26 for example. and don't forget to rename hs_emu.app to hs.app or the universal inject generator won't find the file. maybe you have a different hs.app still in there and that's why its not working?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
start over with new files. (just the fbi injection related ones, obviously.) that's the best way to troubleshoot stuff like this.

Nyap

HTML Noob
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
we already did that (he injected his normal hs_emu.app so that it would be the normal health & safety app before injecting the new version of FBI)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just tried injecting FBI on my 3ds, getting a black screen with an error has occured aswell

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
we already did that (he injected his normal hs_emu.app so that it would be the normal health & safety app before injecting the new version of FBI)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just tried injecting FBI on my 3ds, getting a black screen with an error has occured aswell
did you rename the hs_emu.app to hs.app for the bat file process? i'm thinking maybe you have a different hs.app still in there and its just converting that one everytime.

i've done this process 4 times in the last week and it went completely flawlessly.
delete the entire universal inject generator folder, start over. follow the guide to the letter. use the downloads it provides.

Nyap

HTML Noob
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
did you rename the hs_emu.app to hs.app for the bat file process? i'm thinking maybe you have a different hs.app still in there and its just converting that one everytime.

i've done this process 4 times in the last week and it went completely flawlessly.
delete the entire universal inject generator folder, start over. follow the guide to the letter. use the downloads it provides.
I'm getting these errors on my linux though
--- UNIVERSAL INJECT GENERATOR v0.6 ---
--- LINUX EDITION ---

[+] IDENTIFY SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE
[+] IDENTIFY FILES TO WORK WITH
mv: cannot stat ‘work’: No such file or directory
[+] EXTRACT HS AND INJECT APP
[+] GENERATE NO BANNER EXEFS
cp: cannot stat ‘work/hs_exefs/banner.bnr’: No such file or directory
[+] GENERATE DUMMY ROMFS
mv: cannot stat ‘work/dummy_romfs.bin’: No such file or directory
[+] MERGE EXHEADER
[+] REBUILD HS INJECT APP
ls: cannot access input/FBI_inject_no_banner.app: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access input/FBI_inject_with_banner.app: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat ‘input/FBI_inject_no_banner.app’: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat ‘input/FBI_inject_with_banner.app’: No such file or directory
[+] HS APP ORIGINAL SIZE : 995328 bytes
[+] HS APP INJECT (N) SIZE: bytes
tools/process.sh: line 68: [: 995328: unary operator expected
[+] HS APP INJECT (B) SIZE: bytes
tools/process.sh: line 74: [: 995328: unary operator expected
this one guy reccomended that I do this
As of commit fa5bc17 it uses different binaries for different architectures, but some of the files for specific architectures haven't been added.

The proper solution is for these files to be added, but as a quick workaround you can use the binaries from the architecutre which is there already:
Go into the tools directory and replace these files with the corresponding file of the other architecture (e.g. for 3dstool, delete 3dstool-Linux-x86_64, clone 3dstool-Linux-i686 and rename to 3dstool-Linux-x86_64):
  • 3dstool-Linux-x86_64
  • ctrtool-Linux-x86_64
  • MergeExHeader-Linux-i686
Then run it again and it should work.

edit: Added a github issue for this (https://github.com/d0k3/Universal-Inject-Generator/issues/16
might that be the reason it doesn't want to work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1