Gaming Independent Nintendo developer says Switch BotW's frame rate issue not power-related

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"technically", it is, but it won't because of the architecture mostly.

I wanna bet my shirt that some part of the stuff is even "emulated" i have really big doubts about the grass for the instance... that shit seems naturaly handled by the WiiU no big problems with that,
like on the begining of the game, you have quite some grass around the "old man", Switch have really troubles there...
, it's always when there is a quite amount of grass that the game have a little freezes or drops like a microsecond.
This sounds to me like a lag in the computing of something that is not meant to be processed "that way".

Not really, thats why the game is not in 1080p on WiiU but smash bros is. The game a really fast amount of process and let free some parts because they can't be seen, so the game is constantly loading in a race, they use quite some shaders effect with light also and with the FXs on the pods, and there can be 10 pods at the same time... thats a lot with a good fidelity like that.
Technically is not near, the x1 is actually between the wii u and the xbone, not even that near to it.

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Except Fast RMX is far simpler graphically, there are way less polygons and it doesn't have all the dynamic grass to deal with.
Not that it looks bad, it still looks pretty good, but the graphics are designed in such a way that it takes far less graphical power to run, while still looking good.
Without all the shaders and lighting though, it would probably look more like a N64 game.
For as simple as Fast RMX may seem, Fast Racing Neo (the game it is based on) was pushing the Wii U to its limit, restricting the game to half-720p (640x720) to reach 60fps, and that's with drops. Hence bringing up how much of an improvement from Wii U to Switch it made by being able to pull a full-1080p @ 60fps with improvements, all the while not taking better advantage of the hardware because it's a port from Wii U. This is why power may not be the issue, and being time-restricted in the porting process of a game still in development may be involved.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't mind. I'm playing it on the Wii U and enjoying the game. So, just enjoy the game while waiting for other titles to arrive or something. Clearly, the Switch is more powerful than the Wii U. I'd love to see improvements on later patches. There's still a lot of time for the upcoming DLC to include performance optimizations. For the early adopters of the Switch, I hope you are better taken care by Nintendo and not screwed over.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Went to a friends today who has every switch issue there is and I seen the fps problems people keep talking about. Cutting the wifi off almost removed the problem entirely and now I'm 100% sure I don't have or notice any fps drops. It can't be power it has to be software or firmware or something else. His left joycon is pretty terrible too. He dies on Zelda a lot from the desync which he said happens 2-4 times an hour.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1