ROM Hack Inazuma Eleven 3 the Ogre : Open Translation

mujie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm. I just thought of something. We complain about the length of time it takes for games companies to translate games. They think it costs too much money. We can edit the files free. You're translating it right now, the whole thing it looks like. You crack DS roms, right? Can you do the oppostie? Put DS rom files back into an empty DS cartridge?

Everyone here is a bunch of geniuses. I'm sure you'd be able to. But I'm not suggesting that so you can sell it as your own...

Games companies complain about money. You're translating the games for free. Imagine if the games companies could do that.

People have made tools to help make editing games easier, for example the Inazuma Hacking Tools. The games companies use a long-winded method. One .bin file in the PKB and PKH files would take hours to translate.

We don't have enough time to translate all the games, but what about the people who translate these games for a living? It would be cheaper for them. They didn't have the time to create those tools. You did.

If hackers and gaming companies work together, they can change the gaming industry forever. The hacker's ingenuity, combined with the gaming company's knowledge of where everything else... And if you could work out a way to put a DS rom file in an empty cartridge... Everyone wins! Except the people who hack the games for money and profit, but they're doing something very bad, so it still works out, because everyone here hacks/translates games purely for the benifit of everyone else. It's a very kind thing to do. They could only translate it for other people, because they understand it themselves which I think is amazing.

(That sounds like a line from Young Dracula, "Vampires and Slayers need to work together.")

Sorry if it's a dumb idea, but I don't think it is. The only potential problem I can see is putting the DS rom file in an empty cartridge, but it can't be a problem for this forum, surely, can it?

Although, about the time isue mentioned in the fifth paragraph, allowing everyone to help translate is truly a genius idea, completely brilliant. But I think that this idea could go, if not places, somewhere. I personally think this idea could go somewhere.

Thanks for reading.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mujie: I think that would be considered as stealing. Patches are a bit of a grey area and isn't really considered as stealing to some game companies.

And not everyone here are a bunch of geniuses. It takes more than tools to make a hacker.

It's a fancy idea, though.

VanitasTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.kh-fever.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello o: If I could ask something... Do I have to know the Story of Inazuma Eleven 2 to understand The Ogre? Because I can't find a Story Translation of the IE2 ... Oh and I wanted to say that your work is awesome xD I adore you guys :creep: I wish I could help but I'm just a german boy xD (Sorry if my english is bad o.o)

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Fubuki-Kun : The SorryI is a grammar mikstake, i think...
@muje : Your theory isn't bad, and this is the hacker object too. I'm currently working gratis, only becouse i'm enjoying to hack this game. Game hacking is a my passion.
Anyways is illegal to reinsert the roms in a gamecard, i'll publish a patch or the entire rom (becouse i changed the size of some files...).
Here there aren't all genie (truly i think there are some noobs too), we are only guys with passion that works free.
@VanitasTheBest : Don't worry, i'm italian, and my english isn't the best too! xD

Now i know quite all the game packages structures of this game, and i say that I'll make bigger the IE tool,to make it a sort of modding station for all inazuma game!
This game uses a stupid structure, becouse the Level5, trying to prevent the hacker hack the game, have compressed quite all the files and made a lot of packages...
This means that the game loadings are slower too.
If anyone that know ASM or the NDS processor engine would help me, i'll be happy to hack this file system to make the game faster and easier to hack avoiding the compression phases.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, this. I think there are some things that will stay in japanese, like that or G5, Shin, Kai etc... I think this is nice. :)

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have 8 files for now, i didn't choose some becouse they are bad translated.
There are some bugs, but it can be fixed. I have to translate more graphics (menu, title...) and other stuff.
Anyways at christmas, everyone will can play properly this game! ;)

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto