Hacking In your opinion who is the next potential 3DS flashcart company?

Guiaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For 3DS flashcart I mean the one which plays 3DS Roms, such as gateway-3ds, I am expecting supercard to do it, not saying it will be the next, but I would hope it to be soon, cause their job in flashcart are great.
What do you think?

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 team and supercard team seem to steal other people's code quick enough as does team Acekard so it is hard to say. Maybe they will follow on eachother like a domino effect.

Supercard already uses identical components to the gateway so probably them quicker. I'm guessing msrp of about $49.99 - $59.99 for a 1:1 clone kit from this team. So it won't be a huge savings.

If acekard put it out, it'd probably be 39.99. M3 would be somewhere inbetween.

It will be surprising if nobody puts out any effort in cloning this. After all, they clone everything else that is even slightly interesting such as DS flash carts, naturally, SNES and N64 flash carts which are not huge sellers.

Guiaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice comment Amber, all though I would rather pay the 50~60 $ in a supercard flashcart than the others haha, they are great in flashcarts =)

Reactions: ferret7463

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've always been a fan of Supercard, their products are really top of the line. AceKard was nice only because it was dirt cheap and AKAIO was pretty slick, but when it came to GBA carts, Supercard or bust. I'd expect them to be the next people to make a 3DS card, if anyone.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but when it came to GBA carts, Supercard or bust.

The DS side of things maybe, can't say their GBA rom running efforts were that good.

As for the question of the OP. No idea as I am not sure who is really still active over in China and I am definitely not sure who is actively outside it these days.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercard SD was one of the first and ran perfectly fine for me. I didn't even know other brands existed until the slot 1 cards started emerging (I used to use Supercard SD + Superkey and it worked great)

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
the guy behind the R4i 3DS.CN card told me he is already working on 3DS card just like Gateway but no release date yet.

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my first card was acekard and have always had a good experience with it, it's been about 3 years now (or more?) and my acekard works as good as when I bought it. $15 I think, i've got hundreds of hours worth of it. although i'd like to see it, I don't think acekard team will make a 3ds flash cart though, so I'll say supercard team

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though gateway came out of nowhere (ish)... actually no I think I will announce my work on a 3ds flash cart.

On drfsupercenter's comment. Glad you got it done and yeah they had some interesting ideas (they were among the first to do removable memory) and yeah having team members make speedhacks for the GBA games speaks somewhat well of them (it is certainly a harder hack than save patching, RTC patching and the sensors).... though they did not need to go in for that if they had designed their hardware well as basically every other flash cart manufacturer did.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I bet it will be the same price as gateway and one 3ds game on a sd card.
Mayby with the help of R4 they can manage bypass 5.x 6.x.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ