Hacking importing pc save help

isa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think this is the right place to put it ? but could somebody help me i'm having trouble

so im playing a pokemon emerald hack and on my PC i have a 10 hour .sav file from before i had my EZ flash iv and i was wondering if it was possible to import my sav to my ez flash? i've tried over writing the destination in the saver folder but when i load it up it tells my the save file is corrupted and loads up a previous save (in the game, not ez flash menu) also since it's too big my game is in the NOR memory if that has something do with it,, ?

I'm also noticing my .sav file is 12kb while save patches are pre-made to be 128 kb.. would i have to patch my save is that something possible?

Last edited by isa,

isa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On your PC, you can make your save size match what you need by adjusting the settings

On the DS, will depend on what you are using for a loader. This is VERY important, not all loaders will allow you to do a straight copy of your PC save.

im sorry im really confused thank you so much for trying to help me but how do i load my game into vba? or if it helps i've used shunyweb to convert it to 64k just to be able to open it on vba but it wont load the battery file? it says battery loaded but only gives the option for the new game even though it works on no$gba (but it converts it back to 6k and i cant seem to change the size on no$gba's .ini file)
and ive tried converting .sav to .sa1 on vbalink too but it still won't load i'm sorry i didn't want to ask such a silly question but i've looked through lots of fourms and nothings working

if you aren't sure how to help anymore thank you anyways !

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I remember correctly, no$gba compresses the save file.

You have to edit the ini file and edit the line
Code:
SAV/SNA FileFormat==Uncompressed

That would explain your size difference.

I don't remember if no$gba sticks a header or formats the save in a container format or not. If it does, your likely going to have to use a hex editor to remove the header or formating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker