Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
Why would there be size constraints, just checking if what is in RAM is the same as what is on the cart wouldn't take extra space for each game as it would be the same process.
What's in RAM is often not what's on the cart 1:1 (including memory mapping).

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
bigpaws said:
i think that could be exploited though to

if it was only that, then we would have the header say it was a dstwo and the cart would work

even then, it could make some check but heres another problem
what in the ram is supposed to tell it is a certain game if nothing specific is in the ram for a game
they cant change the loaded ram so they must list the snippits to find in the ram

otherwise, if it just went off of text for the title in the ram, that can be simulated by a cart like the dstwo
it doesnt make sence for ram checks that were not designed in
3ds is different and can be so

The use of the DSTwo CPU isn't possibly as useful as people may think when emulating a DS cart. Emulating the RAM area of the DS would not necessarily be possible for the DSTwo to be able to run games properly (think about the limit of the SLOT-1 data transfer). If you had to pump stuff to the RAM to fool the ds into thinking that the cart is actually, lets say Fish Tycoon, and you're running a game which is the 256 Mb, how much would the DS need to emulate? A whole game running for the checks if the checks were totally random?

Regarding the iEvo (On topic): We'll just have to wait and see what happens and if the iEvo will be able to run in DSi mode on the 3DS. Considering that I don't think the 3DS is able to change the way the DSi enhanced games work on consoles (since it isn't a modified header only, it actually loads the game and uses a save game exploit?), it may be possible to change the loader part to function in DSi mode. Maybe add more parts that are checked (I doubt the whole update part for the loader is the actual games in full).

-Qtis

ps. in the mean time I'll just continue to enjoy the DSTwo and iEvo on a DSi XL. At least the 3DS doesn't offer that much interest for buying it at launch IMO..

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
spinal_cord said:
Why would there be size constraints, just checking if what is in RAM is the same as what is on the cart wouldn't take extra space for each game as it would be the same process.
How would the 3DS know what's supposed to be in the DS Slot?
The header it loads at boot, compared to header at a random interval?
That would be towards the impossible side of the possibility coin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade