Emulation Idea for first time CEMU users

EdwardElric

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Due to the fact that the game save the shadercache on first boot of games, it lags the game for first time users and sometimes even regular users. I was wondering if it would be possible to like upload ShaderCache folders for people to download and use in their cemu to play without too many spikes

IIYAMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
idk about Cemu since it's close-source . But it will not work on similar emulator like Dolphin
Dolphin Wiki said:
Changing your GPU, updating your GPU drivers or updating Dolphin may invalidate the shader cache, requiring it to be rebuilt from scratch.

Edit : Now I remember I tried the same Cemu on 2 different computers , stuttering was still there (on the second computer)
I store both Cemu and Game data on external HDD (USb 3.0)

Last edited by IIYAMA,

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
You want to be storing your shader cache and cemu idealy on a ssd over 200MBps
same for your pagefile if you don't have much ram, game files don't really matter since the
WiiU bluray drive doesn't even read anywhere near usb 2.0 let alone 3.0, most newer ssd read/write over 400MBps, if
you can't do that at least store them on a sata 3.0 hdd they have far less bottlenecking than a usb 3.0 hdd which include a inbulit sata to usb adapter anyway some only including a sata 2.0 drive / interface at 5400rpm vs 7200rpm.

Last edited by ned,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative