Not open for further replies.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No offense but honestly who cares. In my opinion we don´t even need a programm to make WAD´s (yes yes you can start directly from the Sys Menu, what a big advantage) and anyway if you really want to make a Channel wait for megazig and squidman they are already writing a real WAD Creator (from what do you guys think from where icefires "legal" stuff comes !?).
So everybody should calm down and don´t act so whiny.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Leaving the "scene" because of a jerk is always lame...
Big public announces like that are even more ridiculous (lol, it's fuckin' Wii homebrew scene,)

sorry to hurt your feelings but you are a drama queen AND an egocentric (just like marcan btw)
if you want to code for the "wii scene" as you called it, just do it but do not try to grab attention so much from people and especially not from marcan or any of the twiizer (they really don't care about your coding attempts you know)

finally:
QUOTE said:
First, I didn’t even know what was in WADder, and would have removed it as it was unneeded and an accident it was even in there. Second, bushing unbanned me, and I never tried to evade bans, I only politely asked another op who unbanned me.

if you don't even know what's in your application package, that's THE problem icefire

also, if someone says it doesn't want that kind of stuff on #wiidev and you continue promoting these tools despite their warning, you are banned, how is it difficult to understand ?

it does NOT matter what you think is right or legal to use, all that matters is that neither websites or #efnet channels are free places, they have rules and they are free to ban you if they think you go against these

grow up man, continue your work on your side without seeking for attention, do it for fun, not for glory or for feeling like a real "hacker" or "coder", there are enough place for people of both "sides"

oh, I forget that:

QUOTEthanks marcan, you have done a great service to me and the community. I was just about to be able to release something legal and useful, but now I guess I will just honor your wish and leave the community.

STOP with this teasing habits. If you want to do something, do it but pleaaaaase stop advertising it before it's ready for release as if you ware Microsoft annoucing a new technology... what I said above about getting attentions

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*insert marcan slam here*

well marcan does get a little preachy when it comes to anything piracy/wad related.
still if you're easily frustrated it's probably either best to avoid #wiidev, or avoid talking about anything close to their little black list, or use a proxy when you get banned hehe
rolleyes.gif

either way just release it already, I have to wonder if these dramatic declarations are just for attention. you wouldn't want to be like marcan now would you??
can someone point me to the git where he says the new project is located?

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought marcan made a big deal out of himself leaving the "wii homebrew scene" what the fuck is he still doing banning coders? It seems he's doing this shit since there isn't any more videos he can make to try and brag about how easy all of this is to do. We fucking get it, are you done? I'm sure i could code a thousand things to show off on youtube to prove to the world that I can do it, It doesn't mean I'm going to waste a day doing it.

Just because you act above everyone else doesn't mean you are, and the more people you single out and shit on, are less people down the line who could be fixing your sloppy bugs. Something I learned at my old job was that no matter what someones' intellectual capacity is, if they're an asshole they are expendable. I hope for marcan's sake he realizes this before he goes out into the real world a.k.a. no longer living with mom and dad and going to University.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone care to change the title to "i hate marcan for leaving the scene but not leaving the scene'?"

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Icefire youre the only one of all these quitters that im actually sad to see go. but do whatever u want
this is the only scene where the fat little prick wins all the time.

tired of the Scener-Weiner Baby crap.

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Best thing to do with Bullys is ignore them. Marcan is at this moment, probably relishing the power that he has, the power to make Icefire leave & to anger the rest of you.

If you want to help, stop with the slagging off & start with trying to find some way of supporting our hacker community. Lets build a nice safe place away from the likes of Marcan, some where that ideas can flourish & not get stamped upon by twisted moral values held by a few individuals.

Note to Icefire, im not sure why you have let Marcan get to you. At the end of the day his opinions are only that, opinions. A lot of people disagree with him.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
L
QUOTE said:
First, I didn’t even know what was in WADder, and would have removed it as it was unneeded and an accident it was even in there. Second, bushing unbanned me, and I never tried to evade bans, I only politely asked another op who unbanned me.

if you don't even know what's in your application package, that's THE problem icefire

Did you ever think that maybe ice is not working on this alone and maybe the part that he didn't know was there got overlooked by him or whoever's it was

anyway i sure will miss him if he go's i spent a lot of time on his site wadder

I'm no coder or anything like that and hes made it possible for people to make really impressive channels and themes who great ease

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
no, it's because he doesn't (always) completely understand all the stuff he is using/getting from others, that's all. It's always better to know what you are doing, don't you think, especially when you want to be recognized as a fellow developper ?

In that case, some of the git included stuff were illegal to distribute, it does not matter if you don't care of legal issues or if the whole thing was very useful to you (which I don't deny), because at the end, it's up to wiibrew, #wiidev or whatever dude to fix the rules and you to respect it

if you don't then don't complain you are banned, you are still free to go somewhere else, it's how the internet is going, leave with it, the world is not gonna end spining because some fat angry guy banned you from an obscure geek channel...

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
no, it's because he doesn't (always) completely understand all the stuff he is using/getting from others, that's all. It's always better to know what you are doing, don't you think, especially when you want to be recognized as a fellow developper ?

In that case, some of the git included stuff were illegal to distribute, it does not matter if you don't care of legal issues or if the whole thing was very useful to you (which I don't deny), because at the end, it's up to wiibrew, #wiidev or whatever dude to fix the rules and you to respect it

if you don't then don't complain you are banned, you are still free to go somewhere else, it's how the internet is going, leave with it, the world is not gonna end spining because some fat angry guy banned you from an obscure geek channel...

ok but why ban him
as a mod Marcan could have just removed the like ice put up and give a reason why
but noooooo "im a god i mean mod and i can ban you ha ha ha!"

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and besides why do so many ppl get so bent out of shape over a fat loser that cant get out of the scene bcuz his real life sucks too bad. Theres really not many ppl in this scene that overcome any adversity. someone steps on their toes and they take their ball (which always seems to be the best ball out there) and goes home. Stop being children and just say "you know what **CK MARCAN" WHO IS HE?

ill tell ya, hes fat

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
ok but why ban him
as a mod Marcan could have just removed the like ice put up and give a reason why
but noooooo "im a god i mean mod and i can ban you ha ha ha!"

because it's how IRC channels work ? Life is unfair, you will learn this sooner or later

Bitching or complaining about being banned froma website or IRC makes you a pussy... Claiming you are "leaving the scene" after that, even more

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
No offense but honestly who cares. In my opinion we don´t even need a programm to make WAD´s (yes yes you can start directly from the Sys Menu, what a big advantage) and anyway if you really want to make a Channel wait for megazig and squidman they are already writing a real WAD Creator (from what do you guys think from where icefires "legal" stuff comes !?).
So everybody should calm down and don´t act so whiny.
You know, I have coded stuff *with* SquidMan and megazig...I even helped on a few bits of the benzin stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....