Hacking I would like to know about watching DVDs on Wii U - Wii Mode

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm thinking about buying a Region 1 complete series set and since I live in UK (Region 2) the DVD Players that I have are locked to R2 only.

So what I'm thinking is, hacking the Wii Mode and then watch it through it. However, what app would it be best suited to watch DVDs?

As for hacking the Wii Mode I guess doing the Smash-Tack thingy is the way to go, I have here a 2G SD Card which isn't being used any more so that's gonna come in handy now.

Thank you.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a drive firmware issue. Later firmwares had the seek commands for DVD video removed (or omitted, rather).

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
look up your dvd player on google, for many you can make them region free by simply pressing some numbers on the remote control, or some other process etc, worth a shot.
maybe don't buy the dvds, just download whatever it is in bluray and have a better quality version of it. but the wii won't have the power to play hd stuff smoothly i guess, so download a dvd rip :)
if you want to support the people who made the dvd, then you can buy them too, and just leave them in the box. just an idea.

Reactions: WarMachine77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...