Hacking I think I accidentally screwed myself

Deleted member 383026

Tester for PojavLauncher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to play Minecraft and it said there was an update so I tried to update and it said it failed to update so then I checked online to see if there was a new update out and there isn't. I'm already on 11.8. So I thought maybe I had to reinstall it? So I downloaded the firmware from that one 3ds firmware site. Put the update folder on my SD card and ran sysupdater then tried updating. It was fine doing it's thing installing the cias successfully and I walked away cause I knew it would take awhile. When I came back it said it failed to write to file are you sure you put the update files in the /update folder? And of course I did. So I closed that and it went to the menu fine so I thought maybe it just needs to restart so I restarted now it is saying unable to mount CTRNAND or load CTRNAND FIRM please use an external one. Press any button to shutdown.
I felt screwed when I saw it fail and sure enough I'm screwed. Hopefully there is a fix for this. Any help is appreciated.

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well... It looks like you've corrupted your CTRNAND partition.
The good news is that your 3DS should be recoverable without using any other external tools. The bad news is that if you aren't able to recover your ticket database, you will lose your games and savedata that were installed on the SD card.

First off, try backing up your tickets using GodMode9 and the Megascript (if it doesn't work you can still go on, but as I said you'll lose your games/savedata installed on the SD). After doing that, you have two options: either restore a previously made NAND backup (it must be from the same 3DS!) or perform a CTRTransfer. Once done, if the ticket backup went fine, it's time to restore it and your 3DS should be all good!

Deleted member 383026

Tester for PojavLauncher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I have a more detailed explanation on how to backup my tickets with godmode9?

Nvm i'm dumb i literally just had to scroll down on the mega script page.

Read it all and still confused. Maybe I still need a dumb downed version

Last edited by Deleted member 383026,

Deleted member 383026

Tester for PojavLauncher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Galaxy☆Guy, if you did not back up your game saves + extdata in Checkpoint or JKSM save manager, and you lost the tickets for your titles, you can use this guide to recovery everything.
I already restored my backup. I'm just redownloading everything I used. This made me clean out my system:P I'm used to this stuff with my old phone. Used to mod it a lot to the point I needed to wipe it. No biggie. Thanks for all the help :D

Lesson learned: Backup everthing!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright