Hardware Help, I bought a used 3ds xl and I get a “unable to mount CTRNAND” error

bubbline3348

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a used 3ds xl that boots up and has a working menu, however when I try to insert and use a Nintendo DS cartridge I get an error code stating that the system cannot mount or load a CTRNAND FIRM. This is my first time encountering an error like this and I have no experience hacking a 3ds system, however the research I did all seem to point that this system was modded or hacked in the past. Like I said, I have no experience hacking a 3ds so I am absolutely lost when it comes to things like this, so any amount of help is appreciated.

EDIT: After doing some research and reading other forums, all I needed to do was to connect to the internet and update the 3ds system. After doing that I no longer got the error code.

Last edited by bubbline3348,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Verify the Luma3DS version by holding (Select) on power on. It should be at least v10.2.1.
If this is the case run an official update. It is possible that somebody used TWLFix to delete the DS(i) related titles, but not reinstalled them afterwards with official update.
Please do NOT run CTRTransfer mentioned in above video without trying an update first.
By the way: Of all the mediocre to bad videos I've looked through (at least partially), this author often provided some of the worst ones.

bubbline3348

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verify the Luma3DS version by holding (Select) on power on. It should be at least v10.2.1.
If this is the case run an official update. It is possible that somebody used TWLFix to delete the DS(i) related titles, but not reinstalled them afterwards with official update.
Please do NOT run CTRTransfer mentioned in above video without trying an update first.
By the way: Of all the mediocre to bad videos I've looked through (at least partially), this author often provided some of the worst ones.
I did this, and the 3ds is currently running Luma3ds v11.0, the screen says to refer to the wiki for instructions so for the time being I’m going to do some research to see if I can do anything to fix this problem. Thanks for the help if you have anymore advice please let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto