Hacking I softed my vwii months ago and i had the latest updates for some time, but now vwii does nothing.

zack15439

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only things that have happened recently were that i moved, took my wiiu console with me on a trip, and when I loaded arkham origins it attempted to download an update (but the one on disc is older that any other games I have with updates) but my internet is spotty and it said there was an error from a high traffic volume and to try again later. Originally my wiiu wasn't even connected to the internet as it attempted to check. I connected at tried to let it happen as no updates had caused me any problems nor have i seen any alerts about them.

since checking it in system settings it says i have the latest firmware, but it was telling me in the download manager the update had failed.

In the last couple months i had put 70 hours into A legit Xenoblade Chronicles on the vwii. Haven't been able to play for a few weeks because of moving, but today it won't work.

My wii is softmodded using a guide i think i got from here using lego batman hack, that was safe and had been working fine, ( but i never actually used "benefits" of it as i had a working wii anyways, was gonna consider selling it but decided against it)

Any attempt at loading the game from disc, or homebrew channel ( just to check) or into the menu to check channels or memory card data and attempts to return to the homescreen result in a black screen. Dead controller. Nothing.

Did nintendo put out an update in the last week that kills modded vwii?

To make things sadder I can't get in to my data management to copy over the save files for xenoblade. If anyone has any save files that are set just during the middle of the mechonis after doing some missions in mechon village around when Dickson visits the village, thatd be super, but very unlikely.

Last edited by zack15439,
D

Deleted User

So you cannot even load HBC? Sounds like IOS80 or 58 is missing, damaged, or the incorrect version.

If you attempt to install HBC again from Lego Batman, does it freeze? If so, than that's the issue.

vWii works fine on the latest version (5.4.0)

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
So you cant launch the HBC?
Can you launch any game? If you can launch lego batman try and get a syscheck. Did you alter any IOS recently? Nintendo updates dont brick vWii, its not possible, it must have been something that you did.

zack15439

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you cannot even load HBC? Sounds like IOS80 or 58 is missing, damaged, or the incorrect version.

If you attempt to install HBC again from Lego Batman, does it freeze? If so, than that's the issue.

vWii works fine on the latest version (5.4.0)

I have a limited library with me and my only wii title on hand is xenoblade chronicles. im away on business with a lot of free time i was going to beat that sucker. but it wont load the game. just black screen after choosing that channel. hbc wont load after choosing to start it. black screen. when i load the system menu to look at the save data or channels, they go to the next screen but wont load any information on channels or save data, and then i can't back out. pressing home gives the illusion of working, but it does the same black screen after trying to go home menu. The only thing i got to load so far ive tested is opening the Wii Shop channel and running it, and was able to safely back out.

i haven't done any further modding since the time i set up hbc, no wads, no software on the sd card, hell i never even ran hbcc after i did. All ive used vwii for is playing a legit xenoblade chronicles. How those files became damaged or missing without me doing anything mod wise in months is beyond me.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a limited library with me and my only wii title on hand is xenoblade chronicles. im away on business with a lot of free time i was going to beat that sucker. but it wont load the game. just black screen after choosing that channel. hbc wont load after choosing to start it. black screen. when i load the system menu to look at the save data or channels, they go to the next screen but wont load any information on channels or save data, and then i can't back out. pressing home gives the illusion of working, but it does the same black screen after trying to go home menu. The only thing i got to load so far ive tested is opening the Wii Shop channel and running it, and was able to safely back out.

i haven't done any further modding since the time i set up hbc, no wads, no software on the sd card, hell i never even ran hbcc after i did. All ive used vwii for is playing a legit xenoblade chronicles. How those files became damaged or missing without me doing anything mod wise in months is beyond me.
That is really weird. Do you have bathax on the wii u? because since you cannot enter the data management screen it would be impossible for you to transfer a save over. Honestly your only bet is running an exploit and trying to run syscheck to see what is wrong. Otherwise I think its fucked.

zack15439

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is really weird. Do you have bathax on the wii u? because since you cannot enter the data management screen it would be impossible for you to transfer a save over. Honestly your only bet is running an exploit and trying to run syscheck to see what is wrong. Otherwise I think its fucked.

Whats a bathax? What other exploits are there that aren't game based?

The only time i experienced anything similar was on non modded wii when the processor was crapping out, and i had to send it in for repair.

is there a guide for a system check, and what can i do if im able to run one?

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Whats a bathax? What other exploits are there that aren't game based?

The only time i experienced anything similar was on non modded wii when the processor was crapping out, and i had to send it in for repair.

is there a guide for a system check, and what can i do if im able to run one?
Bathax is the name for the lego batman exploit, which is the one you said you used.
All exploits for vWii are game based unfortunately.
For syscheck you basically run it with bathax instead of hackmii, it will tell you what IOSs you have and if any of them are wrong. From there you could run YAWMM to install the correct IOSs to fix your system.

D

Deleted User

Replace the boot.elf from your disc exploit with this one. See if you can run the SysCheck. Hopefully you can still load up the exploit.

Attachments

• boot.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 188

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you don't have the bathaxx save on your vWii anymore or Lego Batman won't load then your only other option is to try Smash Stack with SSBB (since it doesn't require use of data management to install the exploit)

zack15439

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you messed up IOS 80 (AKA the system menu) really badly. You'll need to post a syscheck by running it with bathaxx.

I just don't get what "I DID" Its been running normally for 7 months since i got a wiiu and actually performed any hacks, or did anything hbc related since i first performed it. Nothing else was done to alter my ios anything It just all of a sudden out of the blue quit loading games or exiting from the storage menu.

I think the the bathax is still on my console. I can try loading the batman when i get a chance at home, or see if i can get ahold of brawl, as mine was stolen, but it sounds like if i can't load a game at all, i'm boned. I did at least manage to find a library of xenoblade save files online so hopefully one of those works to at least allow me to finish on my old wii console.

thanks for everyones responses so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents