CatTheDestroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think i messed up bad ahah.
So, because I wanted to move my save files from sysnand to emunand, i was told to use Checkpoint, but i couldnt get it to work so i figured I had to update the CFW to the latest (16.0.3). I downloaded the update and the latest hekate, and the booter files as well.
Then i went to daybreak to update the firmware, then i honestly don't remember if it rebooted by itself or if i did it, but basically i tried to get to the sysnand to use checkpoint and it didnt work. I read that i had to update hekate, which i've already done but ok, let's do it again.
Unfortunately i'm a dummy and i must have deleted some files instead of just replacing the folder (the bootloader to be exact) and now instead of my CFW it loads a yellow screen :sleep:. I had a backup of atmosphere from a couple of months back, so i put those on my sd,but i still get the yellow screen (after also updating it to the latest hekate).
I saw in another thread to go and check SD Card into : atmosphere\fatal_reports but mine is empty. I did try to deleted the folder anyway (i had the same name as the guy in the thread "420000000007e51a"), but no luck, still yellow screen when booting up the CFW. Also, hekate is acting like i've freshly installed it asking for date and time and telling me it's created Nyx.

What do you think? Do i have any hope of having my CFW back? ^^' I have so many hours on Botw and Octopath Traveller 2 on there lol, it'd break my heart to have to do a clean reinstall.

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Hi, you probably just need to re-add atmosphere, hekate and sigpatches back. Basically do a clean atmosphere install. This won't affect your mmc or emummc.

Edit: make sure you grab Atmosphère 1.5.3 since that's the one that has 16.0.3 support.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
your atmosphere backup didn't work because it's too old for new firmware, do what nekojosh suggested and put fresh copies of the latest atmosphere, hekate and sigpatches then reboot.

CatTheDestroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
that was exactly it! I updated hekate, the CFW, but NOT atmosphere itself, what a dummy!

now my issue is that i can't open tinfoil lol. I tried doing a clean re-install but i get "corrupted files" and then "error 2016-0602" when trying to download the new version (am i banned? ahah i never use any multiplayer function so i don't really know). I'm also from a nation that has tinfoil restricted so i can't download the new folder, man what a bummer. using a vpn didnt really work in the past, but i'll re-try

anyway, thank you, you guys are the best :)

CatTheDestroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
turns out, i was using a shitty vpn ahah. I used my partner's nordvpn and i could access tinfoil :)

tinfoil is back in action and i've already updated totk!

now, to understand how to get jksv working on stock switch so that i can exctract my current files and inject them into cfw and then i'll be DONE lol.

thank you for replying!!
Post automatically merged:

oh man, new issue:

so, totk was booting up fine, as did tinfoil, i even used it to update it to latest version and it worked fine.
I put JKSV on my switch folder, opened up CFWSysnand, backed up my totk saves, went back to CFWEmunand, injected the totk files (at least i think i did? i selected the saved one and pressed Y), and now Totk won't boot up (gave me an error that said the sd is corrupted, but other games work fine) and also Tinfoil doesnt work anymore.

do you see anything that i did wrong here? thanks
Post automatically merged:

NEVERMIND i updated the sigpatches again, reinstalled tinfoil, apparently my backed up saves were already up, SOLVED!

thank you for coming with me on this journey :rofl: (or at least until the next screw up lol)

Last edited by CatTheDestroyer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/2VSGYf0.mp4