Hacking I really wish there was a way to play banjo-tooie.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I using not64 on the vWii. It didn't work right. The speed was too slow. And injecting it on the Wii U virtual console doesn't work either. Why is this game so hard to emulate?

Reactions: MattKimura

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rare used custom microcode on all there N64 games to run the N64 a little faster. That requires a little work from Nintendo to get it to run in there emulator but they don't own Rare anymore, Microsoft does, so that support probably will never come.

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Project 64 specifically for N64, there's an insane amount of documentation on what works on what builds with what plugins. All of it is easy to find in there forums.

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what I wished for, but its pretty much impossible. Not even through injectiion. PJ64 is one of the ONLY ways to emulate this game at all.So you need a windows computer just to play it. Or get it on Xbox Live Arcade

Reactions: elBenyo

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly what I wished for, but its pretty much impossible. Not even through injectiion. PJ64 is one of the ONLY ways to emulate this game at all.So you need a windows computer just to play it. Or get it on Xbox Live Arcade

But playing it on Xbox just don't feel right..

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK the Mupen64Plus libretro core is capable of playing Banjo Tooie without crashes, so you'll just have to wait for that core to be added to the Wii U version of RetroArch.

Last edited by Irastris,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont care much about playing this game but i am curious if it would be playable on my Everdrive V3 ?
According to the Everdrive forums, your cart should be able to run it, however you will need an N64 Expansion Pak when playing Banjo Tooie on an Everdrive, due to how the anti-piracy crack for the game works.

Reactions: Lichtblick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work