i need help with r4 2016 firmware

PeaceRanger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
hello guys i was trying to update the firmware of this r4 in the picture from wood v1.72 to a newer one but now i get a wight screen with and without an sd card in it can you please help me to fix it?
2023-02-12-135541.jpg

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hello guys i was trying to update the firmware of this r4 in the picture from wood v1.72 to a newer one but now i get a wight screen with and without an sd card in it can you please help me to fix it?View attachment 352970
Are you sure the firmware you were applying is for the right cart? There is also a difference between r4isdhc.hk and r4isdhc.com
Anyways, the card is probably bricked, there is potentially a way to unbrick it using a 3DS with ntrboot_flasher, if you can find a backup/dump of a working firmware for the same cart (ntrboot_flasher won't accept the firmware update files from the manufacturer)
Another potential fix, is if you have a second flashcart, put the firmware update file on it and launch it then swap to the bricked cart. But that will only work on a DS Phat or Lite (cart hotswapping will just reboot a DSI or 3DS), and if the firmware update is not a .3ds that can be launched, that's obviously not possible.

Reactions: PeaceRanger

PeaceRanger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Are you sure the firmware you were applying is for the right cart? There is also a difference between r4isdhc.hk and r4isdhc.com
Anyways, the card is probably bricked, there is potentially a way to unbrick it using a 3DS with ntrboot_flasher, if you can find a backup/dump of a working firmware for the same cart (ntrboot_flasher won't accept the firmware update files from the manufacturer)
Another potential fix, is if you have a second flashcart, put the firmware update file on it and launch it then swap to the bricked cart. But that will only work on a DS Phat or Lite (cart hotswapping will just reboot a DSI or 3DS), and if the firmware update is not a .3ds that can be launched, that's obviously not possible.
thank you so much for your help, and i think i use a wrong firmware this is the information on it :2016 R4 SDHC 2DS 3DS DSi www.r4isdhc.hk DUAL-CORE SMART UPDATE and the firmware files are:( _ gba folder and _ds_menu.dat file ) i have a rom folder and app one, yes i think i break it , i have a light ds and an o3ds , can you please guide me to fix it, that you again

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
thank you so much for your help, and i think i use a wrong firmware this is the information on it :2016 R4 SDHC 2DS 3DS DSi www.r4isdhc.hk DUAL-CORE SMART UPDATE and the firmware files are:( _ gba folder and _ds_menu.dat file ) i have a rom folder and app one, yes i think i break it , i have a light ds and an o3ds , can you please guide me to fix it, that you again
Those are not firmware files, that's just the kernel, it shouldn't brick the cart since they're not flashed to the cart, they just get loaded from the SD at boot.
Was that all you installed? The firmware is usually a separate download, in the form of a single file (a .nds that you put on the cart and load, or a .bin file you put on the cart which gets detected by the kernel automatically and it will ask you to update when you boot the cart)

Edit: This is the latest version of the official page I could find:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170509112145/http://www.r4isdhc.hk/download_white_new2014/index.htm
But it says it's for the 2015 version, and the website went down after this so there is no newer version that's been scraped by Wayback Machine. Presumably the 2016 version uses the same firmware (the 2014 version also uses the same one)
Anyway, as you can see, the kernel and firmware are separate downloads. You can try the latest kernel version from there, and see if it gets rid of the white screen. The firmware download won't be any use unless you can actually get the cart to boot (or you get a second flashcart to use to flash the bricked one)
You may also be able to use TWLmenu++ to load the firmware update on the 3DS without the need for a second flashcart. I'm not sure how/if that works exactly. If your 3DS is hacked, it's easy to install, look at the instructions in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3d...-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200/
If your 3DS is not hacked, start here first: https://3ds.hacks.guide/
But I don't know if it will work through TWLmenu++ like that, it can't hurt to try though.

The ntrboot_flasher method will only be useful if somebody with the same cart has backed up their firmware with that tool and are willing to share their files. For now, there's not much you can do with that.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

PeaceRanger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Those are not firmware files, that's just the kernel, it shouldn't brick the cart since they're not flashed to the cart, they just get loaded from the SD at boot.
Was that all you installed? The firmware is usually a separate download, in the form of a single file (a .nds that you put on the cart and load, or a .bin file you put on the cart which gets detected by the kernel automatically and it will ask you to update when you boot the cart)

Edit: This is the latest version of the official page I could find:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170509112145/http://www.r4isdhc.hk/download_white_new2014/index.htm
But it says it's for the 2015 version, and the website went down after this so there is no newer version that's been scraped by Wayback Machine. Presumably the 2016 version uses the same firmware (the 2014 version also uses the same one)
Anyway, as you can see, the kernel and firmware are separate downloads. You can try the latest kernel version from there, and see if it gets rid of the white screen. The firmware download won't be any use unless you can actually get the cart to boot (or you get a second flashcart to use to flash the bricked one)
You may also be able to use TWLmenu++ to load the firmware update on the 3DS without the need for a second flashcart. I'm not sure how/if that works exactly. If your 3DS is hacked, it's easy to install, look at the instructions in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3d...-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200/
If your 3DS is not hacked, start here first: https://3ds.hacks.guide/
But I don't know if it will work through TWLmenu++ like that, it can't hurt to try though.

The ntrboot_flasher method will only be useful if somebody with the same cart has backed up their firmware with that tool and are willing to share their files. For now, there's not much you can do with that.
first thing first thank you so much for your help,i download

3DS V9.9.0-26 Upgrade Firmware​

from the link you give me but when I try the kernel i see this message:

Forbidden​

You don't have permission to access /download_white_new2014/r4isdhc1.72.rar on this server

so i moved to twinlight menu and download the latest version 25.8.0 for 3ds (by the way my 3ds have luma v12) install it on the 3ds I'll try to flash it and tell you
Post automatically merged:

thanks for the r
no matter how stupid it may sound, but try to format the SD-card with SD Memory Card Formatter first
Edit: if it's your post here, then forget it, it's likely bricked.
thanks for the reply but it doesn't need to be formatted, and about the link yes it's me and the card it's broken and we are trying to unbrick it so if u know any suggestions? and thanks again

2023-02-13-165948.jpg
i lunch this file from the twinlight++

it tells me that my current version is v0.00, i continue with A

it tells me that my current version is v0.00, i continue with A

Last edited by PeaceRanger,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
first thing first thank you so much for your help,i download

3DS V9.9.0-26 Upgrade Firmware​

from the link you give me but when I try the kernel i see this message:

Forbidden​

You don't have permission to access /download_white_new2014/r4isdhc1.72.rar on this server

so i moved to twinlight menu and download the latest version 25.8.0 for 3ds (by the way my 3ds have luma v12) install it on the 3ds I'll try to flash it and tell you

thanks for the r

thanks for the reply but it doesn't need to be formatted, and about the link yes it's me and the card it's broken and we are trying to unbrick it so if u know any suggestions? and thanks again

View attachment 353122i lunch this file from the twinlight++
The file was probably too large, so it didn't get indexed by Wayback Machine. At least the firmware link works. The usual site for getting kernels for DS flashcarts (linfoxdomain) doesn't have r4isdhc.hk listed at all.
You can start by running the firmware update, but you'll still need a working kernel to get it working. Haven't been able to find one for r4isdhc.hk in some quick searches.

PeaceRanger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
2023-02-13-170143.jpg
after that i get this screeni power off the 3ds but no things change and when i try it again the same happen your current version is v0.00 puch a wait but no thing??? so please help

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I marked it with "no matter how stupid it may sound" as there have been precedents in past. But these precedents were with other brand (and knowingly alive, not-yet-bricked) carts.
About the suggestions? To avoid wasting time looking for a solution, which may not be available - just to order a normal clone of Ace3DS+ on Aliexpress.
And while waiting for the parcel with the new flashcart to arrive, try the unbricking options suggested above. And others, too.
While I was looking at those links, I found a couple more options. Which also will/may not work or just delusional, but since you have nothing to lose (a brick), then why not.

PeaceRanger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
The file was probably too large, so it didn't get indexed by Wayback Machine. At least the firmware link works. The usual site for getting kernels for DS flashcarts (linfoxdomain) doesn't have r4isdhc.hk listed at all.
You can start by running the firmware update, but you'll still need a working kernel to get it working. Haven't been able to find one for r4isdhc.hk in some quick searches.
i really appreciate your help thank you so much for what you are doing really appreciate it

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
View attachment 353125after that i get this screeni power off the 3ds but no things change and when i try it again the same happen your current version is v0.00 puch a wait but no thing??? so please help
I've read some other info suggesting these carts can't be unbricked once bricked. Well, at least they're cheap.
If you get a new flashcart, you can try if you are able to unbrick the old one with it. And if not, at least you are left with 1 working flashcart.

PeaceRanger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I marked it with "no matter how stupid it may sound" as there have been precedents in past. But these precedents were with other brand (and knowingly alive, not-yet-bricked) carts.
About the suggestions? To avoid wasting time looking for a solution, which may not be available - just to order a normal clone of Ace3DS+ on Aliexpress.
And while waiting for the parcel with the new flashcart to arrive, try the unbricking options suggested above. And others, too.
While I was looking at those links, I found a couple more options. Which also will/may not work or just delusional, but since you have nothing to lose (a brick), then why not.
thanks again for your support and my apologies about the that first line of yours, and about the flashcard i already get a new one yesterday but I'm trying to fix this one cuz i was given to me by someone dear to me so I'm trying all what is possible to get it back to work

I've read some other info suggesting these carts can't be unbricked once bricked. Well, at least they're cheap.
If you get a new flashcart, you can try if you are able to unbrick the old one with it. And if not, at least you are left with 1 working flashcart.
i already get a new one yesterday, but this one is special to me I'll try anything to fix it, and by doing some research i find that it can be fixed by using ntrboot_flasher.firm i download and find out so interesting options like: dump, restore or inject Ntrboot, so i think i need to find a copy of R4iSDHC.hk-backup.bin and restore to make it work? or try other things if u know any guid that i can see or read I'll try to follow and fix it, thanks again for your time and help and i really hope we can find a solution to fix it

Last edited by PeaceRanger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1tb SD card for whatever reason
    +1
    USB adapter and use as a Wii hard drive? Lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: USB adapter and use as a Wii hard drive? Lol