Hacking I need help getting hacked games to run smash bros 20XX etc

JordanB500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as the the title implies i cant get any wii or gc hacks to run for wii it justs loads into a black screen for gc they just load the default game with no modifications is there something i need to do or settings that i havent changed if anyone knows please tell me i use usbloader gx with nintendont and so far every gc/wii game runs flawlessly except the ones that are modded

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, enable Skip IPL in Nintendont, then try again. GameCube BIOS tends to F with 20XX.
Also, 20XX is as simple as downloading it from the site, building it using the programs included in the download, and putting it into usb:\games\20XX\game.iso (it must be named game.iso, and in the "games" folder in the root of your drive, preferably in its own subfolder)

JordanB500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt have the gc bios(i do now tho lol) so skip ipl for nintendont can i enable that setting in usbloader or do i have to run it from nintendont directly as i use usbloader to run nintendont and for hacked games do you use the same game id found on gametdb.com or does it matter?

Last edited by JordanB500,

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it does. Mine is the same as OG Melee, it's just in a different folder so it doesn't conflict with it.
I recommend launching it directly from Nintendont. Never had any problems doing it that way, but some USB loaders tend to conflict with Nintendont.

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be able to with Nintendont, that's for GameCube games.
Anyway, that's where things get a bit tricky, different Wii games require different methods to run them. Best advice I can give is to track down the modder's original post and find instructions there. I'm not sure what game you're trying to run.

JordanB500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by default nintendonts hooktype is set to skip vbi which still did not change anything i used gcr and compiled an iso melee 20xx training pack and patched a hacked version of pokemon xd gale of darkness both of which dont work however i have yet to use nintendont directly ill try that and for the wii hacks they are mostly brawl hacks like project m which i downloaded and which crashed almost immediately theres also smash bros infinite which has a bunch of extra characters and stages and i have the pf folder which is included but the way its packaged requires geckoOs or some app that only plays it when a brawl disc is inserted of course my wii's disc drive doesnt work so that isnt an option for me if i could manually replace the files inside the brawl iso not just extract them then it would be easier as the only folders needed to replace are pf and pfmenu but ive tried wiiscrubber which only extracts, trims or scrubbs the iso and doesnt allow me to inject any files or folders i dont know enough to use wiims tools either so atm im out of luck unless theres a program that allows manual editing of wii isos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!