Hacking Homebrew Wii games run fine, GameCube games load but everytime I get “An error has occurred please turn off the Nintendo GameCube”

Sudota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMG_5219.jpeg
So I’ve been at this for about 2 days now trying to find a solution, my wii games all run fine no issues but when I first tried loaded a gc game (nfs mw) it ran flawlessly the first time so I decided to add a second game (Luigi’s mansion) and once I added the second one both of them had stopped working for me. Attached photo is just of the error I get.

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Usb hard drive
If the games are in nkit format, i'd recommend to change them to iso.
Also, check the hdd's format. It should be FAT32 with a 32kb cluster.

And in case you're using Nintendont, you should update to the latest version and delete the cfg file so that everything updates properly (Nintendont's latest version is 6.500).

Reactions: impeeza

Sudota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

And in case you're using Nintendont, you should update to the latest version and delete the cfg file so that everything updates properly (Nintendont's latest version is 6.500).
The games started off as nkit.iso I converted them to iso files. The files work perfectly when using them through the sd card. I read that the usb ports do not give enough power to read properly so I’ll be buying a y splitter and hopefully that fixes my harddrive method but they work through sd cad regardless
Post automatically merged:

And nintendont is using v6.500 (wii)

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah, if the games work fine off an sd card, a y-splitter should fix any power issues the hard drive could have and get rid of loading problems.

Even then, I think it wouldn't hurt to get some clean dump of the games in iso, instead of just converting nkit.iso to iso. Mainly because nkit does have some data loss when converting between formats, and that may lead to some reading issues.

Last edited by Webardo,

Sudota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, if the games work fine off an sd card, a y-splitter should fix any power issues the hard drive could have and get rid of loading problems.

Even then, I think it wouldn't hurt to get some clean dump of the games in iso, instead of just converting nkit.iso to iso. Mainly because nkit does have some data loss when converting between formats, and that may lead to some reading issues.
Would those be the ciso files or files that came already as iso?

Or do you mean like cleanrip them

Ethelbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If you get "NKit Fully Loaded" (as in, with Wii and GC partitions) and use the "Recover to ISO" option, the NKits will get recovered to full Redump-verified untouched ISOs.

Sudota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you get "NKit Fully Loaded" (as in, with Wii and GC partitions) and use the "Recover to ISO" option, the NKits will get recovered to full Redump-verified untouched ISOs.
I downloaded that one so I should be doing recover to iso instead of convert to iso?

This whole time I’ve been converting to iso so that could be my issue too

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded that one so I should be doing recover to iso instead of convert to iso?

This whole time I’ve been converting to iso so that could be my issue too
From the user guide:

• Recovery: Rebuild and repair images to match Redump verified images. This is aided by use of Recovery files that can be extracted from good sources. Recovery uses these files to rebuild the iso and repair modified disc headers, unscrub blocks, reinsert missing Wii partitions, move and reorder GameCube filesystems
  • Convert: Converts anything as is. When converting to the NKit Format the source data is preserved so that it can be restored back to the source iso
In most instances, then, convert is all you'll ever need to do, unless you did something else to it before or you got it somewhere online.

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ciso works with Nintendont. I used them on an usb stick and no problems.

Though, I got this "an error occured" message with 2 discs games, when swapping discs . It starts the 2nd disc, but displays this message after a few seconds (Baten Kaitos iso). Luckily, BK is a game where it's possible to save between the disc swap, then quit, and start the 2nd disc manually with the save.

It's due to the usb stick being too slow. So I think your HDD just need more power. ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.