PS1/2 I hope the PS3 Slim never gets hacked

ricky23i

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Yes, you heard me, I hope the PS3 Slim NEVER, EVER gets hacked. I want to support Sony throughout the future and keep making good games.

I hope it gets hacked so i can see sony fall to microsft.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Even if the PS3 does get hacked, you still have too buy a Blu-ray burner and blu-ray disks, by the time you get your moneys worth back, you'll be bankrupt. Only reason i'd be hacking mine if there's PS2/X and Homebrew support.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm with luke_c on this - even if the PS3 got hacked, it's pretty expensive to pirate for the system

i'd still love a hacked PS3 and for someone to make a port of XBMC for it

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it helps, it's not perfect because it doesn't have backward compatibility. There, now you can say you wish it was hacked.

Everytime you say you wish something wasn't hacked, a hacker loses his computer.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
60 GB PS3 > All PS3 Models

20 GB: has hardware compatibility with PS1/PS2, Support Linux OS, but no memory card reader, no wifi (really low space on top of it)

40 GB: No backward compatibility at all for PS2, but support Linux OS

60 GB: has hardware backward compatibility for ps1/ps2 and support Linux OS.

80 GB: Software emulation for PS2 (bad), Support Linux OS

120 GB Slim: Can't play PS2 games at all (not sure about PS1), No more Linux support.

160 GB: Can't play PS2 games, Linux OS Suport.

So there you have it, the 60 GB is the superior model, it has everything. If you wanna complain about your harddrive being low on space, well, change it, I have a 250GB in my PS3 (60 GB model), it's great.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BD burners and BD media have gotten cheap.

If you successfully burn 4 games then it's about break-even (actually you save a bit like $20). If you burn more than 4 games then playing backups starts saving the full price of the game minus $1.5.

And I'm pretty certain you wanted to play 4 or more games when you bought your PS3.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
60 GB PS3 > All PS3 Models

20 GB: has hardware compatibility with PS1/PS2, Support Linux OS, but no memory card reader, no wifi (really low space on top of it)

40 GB: No backward compatibility at all for PS2, but support Linux OS

60 GB: has hardware backward compatibility for ps1/ps2 and support Linux OS.

80 GB: Software emulation for PS2 (bad), Support Linux OS

120 GB Slim: Can't play PS2 games at all (not sure about PS1), No more Linux support.

160 GB: Can't play PS2 games, Linux OS Suport.

So there you have it, the 60 GB is the superior model, it has everything. If you wanna complain about your harddrive being low on space, well, change it, I have a 250GB in my PS3 (60 GB model), it's great.
wat? The 60GB and 80GB Emulation is exactly the same, and all models Emulate PSX and run Linux OS other than the Slim.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sony can suck my dick i will never spend min. 60€ for a game especially when the games today are just about graphics but still suck on so many levels (always same gameplay or overall playing time). And after taking Linux out it´s only a matter of time until someone hacks the PS3 Slim.

PS: Alone to write a statement like this on gbatemp is just stupid. I want better games for the Wii or PSP too so just stop pirate them
tongue.gif

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it gets hacked.

I really don't care about playing pirated games on it, but I want homebrew.
Being able to run Linux on the slim would also be nice.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
luke_c said:
wat? The 60GB and 80GB Emulation is exactly the same, and all models Emulate PSX and run Linux OS other than the Slim.

They really aren't. The 60GB has essentially an actual PS2 inside of it with the EE and the GS. The 80GB is missing the EE so it only has half the parts, which leaves the PS3s software to do the rest.

But he IS wrong about one thing, the 80GB compatibility is far from bad. Its actually catching up, if its not the same as the 60GBs BC level.

QUOTE(Mucuna @ Sep 10 2009, 08:50 AM) Oh, I was hoping it was opened technical window due the change...
rolleyes.gif

Add me back on PSN, playing with Americans gets too laggy lol.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it will gets hacked because Sony is mean!!! Too expensive and they are not friendly company. Thats why many 3rd parties wont support PS3 unless the price got to drop. I always hate xbox 360 but now they are friendly and price cut and now I hate sony even more. What a mean sony is!

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
They are both $300 now? I mean, if I never bought any of my two consoles 1-2 years back I would probably get the $300 360 Elite. They gimped the PS3s so much, its almost annoying that Sony gets rid of most of the best features to drop the price, while all Microsoft did was take away the HD cables...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The update actually made zoom better