Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

If you change the system language to english, the game is in English.
Also, on the Playstation Store, you can purchase all of the launch titles.

Right now I am downloading a free Game called みんなといっしょ (Minnatoisyo)

Uncharted is fun, but aiming seems a little difficult so far. I just made it to chapter one.

I wish other titles would be like that, but i'm sure that's the only one since it has an American dev behind it, thus it was simply localized to japanese for the japanese launch, QQ.
I'd love to import the Vita, but none of the launch titles I want would be fun in japanese.

Anyways, only unboxing video i'll ever watch. It looks nice, can't wait to buy my own.

I think I am gonna wait until 3rd party like sandisk or kingston release cheaper memory card and that are the same quality as Sony. They really shot themself in the foot with those.

Good luck waiting forever, unless you can stand lesser quality, cheaper memory cards.
But even then i'm somewhat doubting they'll come into existence since the only reason they're specific mem cards, is for anti-piracy measures. if everyone and their pet monkey could make a memory card for the vita, there'd be no point to it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good luck waiting forever, unless you can stand lesser quality, cheaper memory cards.
But even then i'm somewhat doubting they'll come into existence since the only reason they're specific mem cards, is for anti-piracy measures. if everyone and their pet monkey could make a memory card for the vita, there'd be no point to it.

Life always finds a way. There wasn't a single game console with memory cards that were not produced by 3rd party, even consoles with proprietary formats had the pleasure of having knock-offs of those.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I am gonna wait until 3rd party like sandisk or kingston release cheaper memory card and that are the same quality as Sony. They really shot themself in the foot with those.

Given Sandisk Pro Duo's are better quality than Sony's own Pro Duo's where does that reasoning stem from?

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want a vita soo bad but I dont want to pay 450+ bucks to import it :( Also anyone know if regular PSP games are playable on it? Like is there something the user has to do to make that an option?

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Congrat. for your new and beautiful ps vitaI. Is the the game card have a same size as pro duo stick?

Where is all the menu,volume,wireless,etc buttons located? Is there any sensor for adjusting screen brightness?

Lastly what is the weight of the ps vita? ;) Thanks

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I really want a vita soo bad but I dont want to pay 450+ bucks to import it :( Also anyone know if regular PSP games are playable on it? Like is there something the user has to do to make that an option?
PSP games are downloadable through PSN. If you own a hard copy (UMD) of a game, you get a discount for that game on PSN.

As for me, I'll wait till the US launch for the hardware + memory stick. For games and accessories (mainly HORI products), I'll be importing them soon, once I settle an agreement with my father...

OT:
How does the analog sticks feel?
Is the Vita comfortable to hold?
How's the battery life so far?
How sensitive is the touch screen/rear pad?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but the PS Vita isn't fully compatible with PSP games. The ones that weren't released on PSN such as KH Birth By Sleep you can't download it on the PS vita.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to ask for this for Christmas. I had it all planned out. Buy a 3DS myself. Get a PS Vita for Christmas. Unfortunately, I live in America :(

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Most PSP games are playable but not all, even games that are not on the compatibility list might be workable. It's using a software emulator for psp games

PSP games are downloadable through PSN. If you own a hard copy (UMD) of a game, you get a discount for that game on PSN.

not all games majority of the games aren't umd passportable

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Are the speakers loud/soft/just right/whatever? I don't really use headphones while playing so I just wanna know. :)

Also, the Vita setup looks really cool and incredibly easy. Looks similar to the DSi setup style but with full touch capability, great music and a nice video.

Multitasking is also really cool! :D The OS somewhat resembles Android though. :O

I'm really eager to get one. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong