Gaming I feel terrible, but I am done being a Nintendo fanboy. Wii U returned and everything.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Nintendo has never supported a console or hand-held after it has be superseded. They will drop the wiiu like a hot turd the second they can.

And then the Nintenconomists will be "The value of the amazing Wii U will now start to sky rocketing due to Nintendo abandoning one of their best consoles ever made". :rofl2:

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
While I agree that Nintendo treats the Wii U and Wii U owners like an afterthought (i.e garbage) I don't feel it enough to warrant to drive me to sell the thing off. If I had an Xbox One on the other hand....that I would sell off and get a Wii U or PS4 instead.
My roommate has an Xbox One, and it's amazing. I want one in addition to my Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U I still play.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
had to sell my Wii U and most of the games, due to financial issues. Later that year I was gifted a PS4 from my in-laws. Still have ZombiU and wonderful 101 but after playing on PS4 I don't really feel sad or empty not having a Wii U

RETAIL Games I have:

Destiny
The Order (got it for 16 bucks last week)
Wolfenstein New Order (if you don't have it GET IT. it's not your typical FPS game)
LBP 3 (play with the wife every now and then)
Metro Redux (agreed with post above) [16.00 special once more]
Shadow of Mordor
GTA V
COD AW (play with the wife every now and then)
Infamous Second Son
Farcry 4 (no HD Room...might uninstall Driveclub PS+)
Tomb Raider (beat it)

MEH games I have:
The Evil Within (no HD Room)
The (Crappy) Crew
Killzone Shadow Fall (no HD Room and kinda boring)
Hardline (30.00 special)
AC Unity (no HD room atm)
Watch_Dogs (no HD Room)
[and that's not even PS+ games]

in short I feel like a Wii U is no longer needed and yes I agree that Amiibo cash in party bullshit and NO METROID DREAD FOR 3DS,[2.5D games aren't THAT expensive to make!] i'm sure ..my feelings resonate with yours. (The online access isn't free but you pay for what your get for, in this case a better selection of games)

Don't get me wrong, Starfox, Bayonetta and Zelda Unbound King all look great. It's just not enough to sway me to purchase it again and im sure it's not enough for some to even purchase it first time. And with the fact that no DEV kits for NX have been distributed makes me shudder at 3rd party support again. All game consoles that have failed throughout the years forgot one of the important things YOU CAN'T SURVIVE ON 1ST PARTY IP's ALONE. Hacks won't even save it. It's probably not even that powerful enough for emulators for "brew" devs to dedicate their time. The Wii U will go down in history as a niche console which was simply outgunned by better 3rd party support. This thread feels great, it's finally nice to say what we feel about Nintendo and the future of Nintendo without blind fanboyist comments taking over (for now)

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
PS4 vs Wii U is not even a contest.
If you don't have a gaming PC, PS4/XBOXOne are the way to go.
Nintendos offerings are just not enough by themselves.

3DS allowed me to play FE:A, Bravely Default and OOT. Those alone made it worth my money.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
PS4 vs Wii U is not even a contest.
If you don't have a gaming PC, PS4/XBOXOne are the way to go.
Nintendos offerings are just not enough by themselves.

3DS allowed me to play FE:A, Bravely Default and OOT. Those alone made it worth my money.

If it's a console gamer then the best option really is the one and only, PlayStation 4. Xbox One isn't even to consider in my opinion because the multiplatform ports tend to be pretty crappy whereas PS4 has the same games in great shape.

Well, if you're a Halo, Gears, Forza and Rare fan then yeah Xbox's for you though for the rest = PS4.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah true.. but XBOX One has a few exclusives which I think look really interesting.

PS4 is better tho. I agree. Bloodborne alone made that decision for me.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yeah true.. but XBOX One has a few exclusives which I think look really interesting.

PS4 is better tho. I agree. Bloodborne alone made that decision for me.

Microsoft screwed over their 360 fans by calling the next console as "Xbox One" plus that E3 was absolutely terrible so most of us jumped to PlayStation 4's ship, or are going to this year.

To be honest, I'd really like to pre-order Rare Replay Collection for £16 but it's an Xbox One exclusive so it's a no deal. :(

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah that game with the dinosaurs looks sick tho.

MS dropped to ball in the 360 era. they crushed the ps3 quality and content wise in the first half but failed to tie up their "exclusives" to being proper exclusives. imagine if the XBOX one was exclusive to titles like ME and Bioshock.. it'd tell a very different story.

I have to respect Sony.. an exclusive for them is an exclusive. They're willing to invest in studios and then make them be their bitch.

Bubbysaur

u cnt hindle mai sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear that, TC. I'm still holding out hope that Nintendo will grace us with some awesome games. If not first party, then some studio will. I just hope they don't abandon the Wii U post haste when the NX drops. That would be anger inducing for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.