PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Nah I don't think he was sent to complain here. He has a pretty big post count.
Those are just numbers. This dude could be doing anything here.

OP, which version of Luma? Also, try checking "Disable ARM11 exception handlers" in Luma Settings. I've had very minimal issues after checking this.

jockep

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just typing this out of my own experience. Boot9Strap crashes far more EVER than what Menuhax+EmuNand and Arm9loaderhax did for me in the past.

Loading up mods? Crashes the entire 3DS instantly
Loading .cia homebrew? Crashes the entire 3DS on start/exit
Just using it normally? Crashes the entire 3DS in mid gameplay

Although I have faith that Boot9Strap will fix these, it just crashes alot more often than it should.
Also before you say that my SD Card is fake or my 3DS is faulty. I bought it brand new out of the box and bought the SD Card at a trusted retailer.
What games? I've had 2 arm11 exceptions since rosalina release both being download play not having correct permissions to update homebrew.

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I quit using my gateway when rxtools came out. I've had a couple crashes but homebrew launcher related so not too big of a deal. Check your setup, Luma has been pretty reliable since it was AuReinand

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you aren't on the latest Luma (8.1.1), try updating, supposedly the latest version is more stable.
Also, you could try the latest nightly: https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
I can see you are trying to help. but ive had these issues for months now. And they advised the same thing back then. Meanwhile these issues still exist. And yest im using the latest 8.1.1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you made any home menu modifications in the past? Have you checked run external modules, since that should be disabled. Also, for the record, whether the blame is worth it or not, Everybody could care less that you're unhappy with your cfw. This isn't a customer service where you can speak to the manager if you complain enough, this is a website where people try to help others based on just the will to do so. Complaining will only make people less inclined to help you. If you're unhappy with your current setup, there's a good chance something just went wrong, as hundreds of other people use it with no issues. Just keep the regret to yourself instead of making yourself seem like an upset customer at king kullen.

I think ive had home menu hax in past. Run external modules, is that an option in luma? Ill have to check.
Don't think you speak for other people it makes you look arrogant, but yes its prolly true what you say, if most are happy with it.
But mostly im just giving an opinion rather then looking for help or other people that feel the same way since i know it will be folly most likely.
Im happy it works for 1000000x people. But for me it's 10 steps backwards.
Not much that I (the user) can do wrong tbh... only check this option or that in luma option and using the most up to date version.

Just typing this out of my own experience. Boot9Strap crashes far more EVER than what Menuhax+EmuNand and Arm9loaderhax did for me in the past.

Loading up mods? Crashes the entire 3DS instantly
Loading .cia homebrew? Crashes the entire 3DS on start/exit
Just using it normally? Crashes the entire 3DS in mid gameplay

Although I have faith that Boot9Strap will fix these, it just crashes alot more often than it should.
Also before you say that my SD Card is fake or my 3DS is faulty. I bought it brand new out of the box and bought the SD Card at a trusted retailer.
Agree fully!

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These issues are happening to quite a few people. The issue is said to be in Luma but they haven't pinpointed the cause. You can send the dump log files in the Luma directory on your SD to the developers and set up and issue report on the GitHub if you want to help is what I am told. I have 3 systems and 1 has this issue. Even swapped SD cards. I want to update a friends system but I'll wait until all of this is straightened out.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see you are trying to help. but ive had these issues for months now. And they advised the same thing back then. Meanwhile these issues still exist. And yest im using the latest 8.1.1

I think ive had home menu hax in past. Run external modules, is that an option in luma? Ill have to check.
Don't think you speak for other people it makes you look arrogant, but yes its prolly true what you say, if most are happy with it.
But mostly im just giving an opinion rather then looking for help or other people that feel the same way since i know it will be folly most likely.
Im happy it works for 1000000x people. But for me it's 10 steps backwards.
Not much that I (the user) can do wrong tbh... only check this option or that in luma option and using the most up to date version.

Agree fully!
Try taking out the sd card and loading up the console. If you haven't copied boot.firm to the ctrnand do that now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran