Installed CFW, can't play my games anymore. Error Type: Generic

gorganmorgan9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Greetings, this is my first post.

I took advice from MVG and decided to install cfw in my 3ds. As that guy said, I avoided videos and followed the instructions on 3ds hacks guide

Everything was working fine, but I don't know what happened and suddenly wasn't able to play my games anymore (installed cias, eshop games, cartridges, nothing), I'm getting black screens with generic errors. I'll try to copy and paste the descriptions bc according to a expert in this forum, every error is a case and they need their own approach to be solved. My 3ds is a old xl (US REGION), my luma version is 12

Fire Emblem Conquest: (this is a .cia? u'know a rip of the cart I installed to avoid using the cart, I'm don't know the correct terminology correct me if possible.)
An Error Ocurred (Error Disp)
Error Type: Generic
Process ID: 38
Process Name: Iron15
Error Code: 0xd900458b

The Next game is Wario Ware Gold: this is also a installed .cia
photo_5130002702229678754_y.jpg

Then I have this one, I think this is Fire Emblem SoV (or my japanese Conquest copy, can't remember), again is a rip from the cart I installed through FBI
Error Type Generic
Process Id: 38
Process Name: Iron16
Error Code: 0xd900458b

Also I have Generic Errors with Zelda MM (cia), Zelda OOT (eshop) and I can't play my Pokemon USUM, got random crashes but I use the physical cartridges to play those.

Also, I installed something to patch MM, can't remember the name but it was to fix Zora's Swim and stuff. So I dunno if this is causing the issues.

I've been reading similar posts like this and I tested my 32GB SD card for errors using a tool called h2testw but It wasn't able to find any issues with the cart (it filled the entire sd card but I deleted everything and copied the files back).

Can you help me? there is any way to reset everything bc I'm not able to play most of my games, the only one is working is Animal Crossing New Leaf (eshop) but that's it.

I've been reading a lot of posts with similar cases on this website but I wasn't able to fix the issues, this is so advanced for me...

Thanks in Advance guys, also english is not my first language so my apologies for grammar stuff. If you need more info, let me know.

Last edited by gorganmorgan9,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If errors pop up out of the blue, usually the SD is the first culprit to think of.
Perfectly possible that everything worked just fine until yesterday and today random issues start appearing.
If the advice from the post above doesn't help, try moving everything to a fresh sd. Bet it'll work again.

Reactions: gorganmorgan9

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also you can follow this tutorial if you want to uninstall the cfw from your 3ds. 3ds.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw
Literally the worst advice you can give him (or anyone) right now.. 🤦🏻‍♂️
==
@gorganmorgan9 to be perfectly clear, you're getting these Arm11 errors only when you launch these games (or sometimes in-game), right? And you're not seeing these errors, or any other crashes/freezes randomly when in home menu or elsewhere? There's a difference..
If it's the former, you could try re-installing games (from a different source) as they could be corrupted..

if they're from a different region, use Luma3DS Locale Switcher to get them to run. And make sure you have "game patching" is enabled in Luma3ds Menu.

Also, try "Importing seed" in fbi for each of these problematic games.

gorganmorgan9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Literally the worst advice you can give him (or anyone) right now.. 🤦🏻‍♂️
==
@gorganmorgan9 to be perfectly clear, you're getting these Arm11 errors only when you launch these games (or sometimes in-game), right? And you're not seeing these errors, or any other crashes/freezes randomly when in home menu or elsewhere? There's a difference..
If it's the former, you could try re-installing games (from a different source) as they could be corrupted..

if they're from a different region, use Luma3DS Locale Switcher to get them to run. And make sure you have "game patching" is enabled in Luma3ds Menu.

Also, try "Importing seed" in fbi for each of these problematic games.
Right, the menu and stuff is working just fine, issues ocurr only when trying to play a game, I get black screens with generic errors. All my games are US region except a Fire Emblem Conquest that's in japanese I dunno If I messed up something there. I enabled the game patching option time ago to install that majora's mask patch and when I tried to import the seed in fbi I got a error message: failed to import seed, result code 0xd963f99c. Level Permanent, HTp 404 not found, but is connected to my wifi.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
time ago to install that majora's mask patch and when I tried to import the seed in fbi I got a error message: failed to import seed, result code 0xd963f99c. Level Permanent, HTp 404 not found,
I don't know how this patch's supposed to work, but it's most likely the one causing this issue for this game. If it's like other patches and mods, the patch files usually go to sd:/luma/titles, you should have the patch files there if there's any.
Also, importing seed wouldn't work for MM (the game was out before seeds were a thing).

But what about the other games you were having issues with? Are they still crashing?
And btw, ErrDisp errors are usually fixed by either installing an game update, importing seed or switching the region with Luma Locale Switcher.

gorganmorgan9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Ok, I'm going to transfer all files into a brand new sd, I'll reinstall the cias and I'll try to run them again.
And btw, ErrDisp errors are usually fixed by either installing an game update, importing seed or switching the region with Luma Locale Switcher.
Again thank you so much for your time guys, I really appreciate your help!!

Reactions: CoolMe

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Right, the menu and stuff is working just fine, issues ocurr only when trying to play a game, I get black screens with generic errors. All my games are US region except a Fire Emblem Conquest that's in japanese I dunno If I messed up something there. I enabled the game patching option time ago to install that majora's mask patch and when I tried to import the seed in fbi I got a error message: failed to import seed, result code 0xd963f99c. Level Permanent, HTp 404 not found, but is connected to my wifi.
Well, the menu runs out of your NAND, while games run out of the SD so it makes sense to be an SD problem.

gorganmorgan9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Ok so when I tried to transfer everything into the new sd card I nuked the entire content by accident, so I did the "finalizing setup" steps from 3dshacksguide again...I'm downloading oot from the eshop but FBI is not showing in the main menu anymore. I'll try to play oot (eshop), pokemon US (cart) and I'll rip that fire emblem game again and install the cia. Wish me luck.

kodomoinneverland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there any fix for this? I'm getting this error sometimes and also sometimes my screen will go black while playing with no error message and the only thing I can do is turning it down pressing the power button for some seconds.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any fix for this? I'm getting this error sometimes and also sometimes my screen will go black while playing with no error message and the only thing I can do is turning it down pressing the power button for some seconds.
The Arm11 error appears randomly in-game, and not when you first launch a game?
Happens with all your games or just specific ones?
Does it appear in the home menu or system settings too?
Post automatically merged:

Also, stop spamming random 3ds related threads, asking about the same issue.

kodomoinneverland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The Arm11 error appears randomly in-game, and not when you first launch a game?
Happens with all your games or just specific ones?
Does it appear in the home menu or system settings too?
Post automatically merged:

Also, stop spamming random 3ds related threads, asking about the same issue.
It seems to happen with any game and while I'm playing, I can launch and play several minutes and then it happens. it doesn't happen in the system settings or home menu.

Sorry about spamming with my question, I'll stop, I couldn't find a related post and I couldn't create new post because I am new user.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to happen with any game and while I'm playing, I can launch and play several minutes and then it happens. it doesn't happen in the system settings or home menu.
I'd highly recommend checking the sdcard for errors, as i described in detail on how to check it in my other reply (in the other thread).
Backup your data somewhere safe on your pc beforehand.
You should eliminate the possibility that it's not your sdcard (highly likely that it is though), and once you know for sure you can try other methods.
Also it's a good thing that the error happens only in-game and not on the home menu or elsewhere..
I couldn't create new post because I am new user.
Yes you can. Just create a new thread in the 3ds section here if you want to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...