I do not know how to talk to girls......

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this sounds awkward. Especially on the internet where most people do not know me. But I just wanted to say that I really have no idea how to talk with women. and I would like some tips. you see, English is not my first language, although I have learnt it since middle school. I can generally speak well, but when it comes to the more subtle aspects. I really do not know what to say.

you see all the women I have seen in college respect me, so it is not like I am terrible with women. but I can never find a way to start a conversation without being awkward (like the weather is nice). I am also not a shy person so it is not like I am an introvert. and I also do not want to be using like pickup lines and shit like that. I am a gamer, but I can't assume that a woman is a gamer unless I see her wearing a shirt or something that is gaming related. So I can't automatically start a conversation about gaming.

I think the problem is generally that I do not completely know what type of jokes to people like to say and I do not understand half of the jokes that are not memes.

I have figured that since the gbatemp community is very nice, that this is the best place to ask my question without any uncomfortable feelings.

so I guess my question is, for the ladies in here, or anyone with experience. What do you find awkward? and what do you like? how can I talk to a girl I like and start a relation with her without being awkward.

Yeah. Three words: Just be you. Come on! You are being silly.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where are the girls asking how to talk to boys?
only boys are making blogs..... wait it's not even a blog (yet!)
I was wondering the same thing, but you know, maybe girls figured us all out already, no need to ask. :P
Then again, not all girls are into boys... :ninja:

Also Make sure you don't get friend zone! :ph34r:
To be honest, If you wanted a mate (I SAID A MATE NOT TO MATE) Then I mean some people like feeling a bit more special than they really are about it. Cause honestly to you they are special, yes they are a girl like many other but each girl is different and in some cases... well is all psychological to be honest. Try talking to them, be casual, actually LISTEN to them when they speak, be HONEST when replying and it should least be a start. Maybe just be positive and don't expect the worst.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: Cyan

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering the same thing, but you know, maybe girls figured us all out already, no need to ask. :P
Then again, not all girls are into boys... :ninja:

Also Make sure you don't get friend zone! :ph34r:
To be honest, If you wanted a mate (I SAID A MATE NOT TO MATE) Then I mean some people like feeling a bit more special than they really are about it. Cause honestly to you they are special, yes they are a girl like many other but each girl is different and in some cases... well is all psychological to be honest. Try talking to them, be casual, actually LISTEN to them when they speak, be HONEST when replying and it should least be a start. Maybe just be positive and don't expect the worst.
yeah! I mean my experience with women friends was never negative. It just felt that I wasn't really making any meaningful relationships because most girls already know their own guys from previous experience or via word of mouth (like seen him in a party somewhere with her friend). I am new so really no one knows me that much. so really I do not know how "to make a move" (I can't think of a better expression)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah! I mean my experience with women friends was never negative. It just felt that I wasn't really making any meaningful relationships because most girls already know their own guys from previous experience or via word of mouth (like seen him in a party somewhere with her friend). I am new so really no one knows me that much. so really I do not know how "to make a move" (I can't think of a better expression)
The move you should make Is more about what do you want? You want to chat, then to talk to them like a human being. How would you want someone to treat you? If you wanted someone to talk to you, how would you want them to do it? Basically you want to be mentally prepared for things, but remain positive, don't have expectations. Really is nothing special to talk to a girl, is not like a cheat code in video game, or inputting commands for special move in street fighter or some combo move. Get up, walk over, talk to the person you find of interest and see what happens, you'll never know what will or would have happen unless you find out.

This is why your mentality is important, maybe talk to yourself in a mirror and motivate yourself to do something, get into a good mood and be positive. Yes it could go bad and not in your favor, but you better of trying than doing nothing.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get your situation, as I get pretty anxious talking to girls. I've found this advice to be very helpful:
"Though girls can be very scary sometimes, just remember, they're human too..."

Reactions: VinsCool

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you're friendly and nice then you'll get a better response than if you sound like you're trying to crack onto us. If you speak to a random stranger for no reason then it's going to sound like you're cracking on to them. Better to have a common hobby or activity to discuss, so it is natural.

Reactions: Seriel
D

Deleted-355425

If you feel uncomfortable talking to women and need a good starting place then start talking to the ones at work, you have the luxury of them having to talk back to you because it's work and it would be awkward not to and pretty unprofessional. Take it from there and try and speak to them everyday and not just crappy small talk!

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never dated anyone nor asked anyone out on a date. I do have a few friends that are girls, though. They've given me advice on a few girls I've liked in the past.

The one thing that always came out was to be yourself.

It's awkward at first, but as you get to know the girl better, it gets easier to talk to them.

My best advice, if you are too scared to talk to a girl, would be to make some mutual friends. Get some advice from them. They usually want the best for their friend and will usually help you become the best you can be for her.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Young man, you need to be confident and have pride in yourself, and your uniqueness. Realize you have value. Appreciate and love yourself. Casual conversation becomes easy when you realize that you have something to offer in it.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7