I miss those old BBS forum like GBAtemp

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll say i fucking hate how these online communities moved to discord, i complained about this before and i've seen other people saying the same, it makes more difficult to find things since discord stuff doesn't show up on google search results, i used to find a lot of stuff like tools or answers to questions i had by simply googling and finding forum posts and comments, nowdays everything is hidden behind a discord server that you will not join only to see if someone answered your google question about how to unlock luigi in sonic 3 and knuckles, sometime ago i wanted to see mario kart DS modding stuff, i couldn't find anything new, only old tools and old tutorials, but everything was broken, until i found ONE youtube video with a discord link, and in this server there was a bunch of modern tools, tutorials and other stuff that i couldn't find ANYWHERE outside of that specific server, people really want their work to be public, stop using discord
That is a good point. There have been times where a download I've been after is only being hosted on Discord. That data can disappear at any time.

We used to say that nothing goes away on the Internet. Around the mid-2010's, that stopped being true.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That is a good point. There have been times where a download I've been after is only being hosted on Discord. That data can disappear at any time.

We used to say that nothing goes away on the Internet. Around the mid-2010's, that stopped being true.
that was never true actually, we just assumed things could be hosted anywhere making it harder to disappear, but the reality is that if its not something widespread or viral or whatever, it can disappear very quickly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1