Homebrew I contacted Nintendo after the ban... (German)

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
So going online with my self-dump should be perfectly fine by now yeah? :o
Well, it's fine for those that have done the same for other games, but I really don't want to say yes. I still get the feeling that Nintendo is on a warpath, but all that's sent when playing online with a CIA is the console-unique header and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B.

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's fine for those that have done the same for other games, but I really don't want to say yes. I still get the feeling that Nintendo is on a warpath, but all that's sent when playing online with a CIA is the console-unique header and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B.
I have the same feeling. I've been using the eshop one just in case there were something else we hadn't considered yet.

Safy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So now that apparently Pokemon eShop version is finally out in Europe, is it safe to play and go online with the real cartridge?

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Hmm I see makes sense... so I essentially would have to acquire the game via other means even though I bought it if I don't want to have the cartridge with me all the time, oh well :/

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I see makes sense... so I essentially would have to acquire the game via other means even though I bought it if I don't want to have the cartridge with me all the time, oh well :/
Such is the personal qualm of a pirate. Though you should blame publishers rather than yourself. As far as I'm concerned, we should be allowed to make personal backups and play them for this exact reason. I'm still blown away by Nintendo hammering legitimate customers that bought the game from stores that broke the release date.

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Such is the personal qualm of a pirate. Though you should blame publishers rather than yourself. As far as I'm concerned, we should be allowed to make personal backups and play them for this exact reason. I'm still blown away by Nintendo hammering legitimate customers that bought the game from stores that broke the release date.

Yeah I agree though considering this, wouldn't a cartridge-dump with version 0 actually be safer? I mean eShop versions have version 16 and 32 respectively though if you own a cartridge and dumped that the eShop version obviously won't be in your purchase-history :P

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I agree though considering this, wouldn't a cartridge-dump with version 0 actually be safer? I mean eShop versions have version 16 and 32 respectively though if you own a cartridge and dumped that the eShop version obviously won't be in your purchase-history :P
True, but it's been established that Nintendo doesn't care about purchase history. The eShop only checks for a valid ticket and that's it. If they did care, then we'd see massive waves of bans from freeShop users. There's a write up somewhere on Reddit explaining exactly how Nintendo fucked this up, but I CBA to find it. Basically, it would require an entire rewrite of their infrastructure to catch eShop pirates, which they obviously won't do.

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
True, but it's been established that Nintendo doesn't care about purchase history. The eShop only checks for a valid ticket and that's it. If they did care, then we'd see massive waves of bans from freeShop users. There's a write up somewhere on Reddit explaining exactly how Nintendo fucked this up, but I CBA to find it. Basically, it would require an entire rewrite of their infrastructure to catch eShop pirates, which they obviously won't do.

Yeah I heard of that... well I'll think a bit if I want to use v0 or v32 :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol