CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
i had verison 2.71 and was trying to downgrade to 1.5, and i followed the directions exactly, but after it went through the red screen and the memory card slot flashing, it said wait 30secs to turn your psp on, i did and was suppose to see a blue screen come up but nothing came up and now i have a black screen
cry.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have the skills and money, and really want the psp back, install an Undiluted Platinum modchip, where you can have multiple firmwares on your psp (one of the flash of the chip, and the other on the psp). It should be enough to restore your psp; from there you can reinstall the standard firmware. All this is IIRC.

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What you're talking about sounds like HEN? That alone shouldn't have bricked your PSP,... you should remove the battery and leave it to flush the resident part of HEN out.

Unless the blue screen you mean is the "corrupted settings" one after the downgrade? What you've probably done is loaded the 1.5 IPL on a unfixed TA-082 or TA-086 model PSP. In which case you're fucked unless you can get hold of a BGA rework station.

Always pays to do your research....

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you killed your psp.... there is onnly one thing left you can do with it... you could expand your house.. you already have the first brick
smile.gif

Besides that... it's awfull to brick expensive electronics
frown.gif

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
i got another one, and i know i sound crazy but i'm gonna try to downgrade to 1.5 again, this time i'm not going to do it unti;l i'm 100% certain it will work, so if anybody had a 2.71 version to start out and succefully downgraded to 1.5, can you plz tell me how an exactly what you did to do it without bricking the psp

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds like you did the exact same thing that I did when attempting to downgrade a friend's for him. what he neglected to tell me was that it was a v2.71 to start with (a TA-082 motherboard). open the umd drive door to determine if you've got a TA-082 motherboard.

then do a google search and grab the right downgrader. both pspupdates.com and maxconsole.net have threads and links to the proper tools. when I grabbed the correct downgrader, it worked just fine (on his replacement system).

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds like you had the new mobo and couldn't downgrade. Or have you downgraded to 1.5 before? If you downgrade to 1.5 twice something is stored in a section of the PSP after the last downgrade, this can cause it to brick. Before you try anything like this and you don't know what your doing, look on the internet and ask on forums. This way you don't go wrong.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
he had ta-082 and forgot to patch his motherboard, you can send it to china to make them fix it. or wait for the new modchip: the devolution.

and you can downgrade to 1.5 twice, its no problem adgloride, just read the post from fanjita on noobz.eu
smile.gif

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
alrigth i successfully downgraded to 1.5, and then upgraded to 3.02 OEA, but now i want to put isos on there games, and play them from my psp, been looking around was going to get DEvhook but i dont know what verison i should get, and i hear you need firmware 1.5 to play isos on your psp right, but custom firmware made by darkalex makes it still think you have 1.50 correct? CAn someone plz show me how to use Devhook and put isos on my psp, i've looked at guides but still didnt understand it, and i dont want to take ANY chance of bricking this psp
tongue.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
alrigth i successfully downgraded to 1.5, and then upgraded to 3.02 OEA, but now i want to put isos on there games, and play them from my psp, been looking around was going to get DEvhook but i dont know what verison i should get, and i hear you need firmware 1.5 to play isos on your psp right, but custom firmware made by darkalex makes it still think you have 1.50 correct? CAn someone plz show me how to use Devhook and put isos on my psp, i've looked at guides but still didnt understand it, and i dont want to take ANY chance of bricking this psp
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
Dark Alex's custom firmware has iso loading built in. No need for anything else. Just drop your isos in the 'ISO' folder in the root of your memory stick and then go to the memory card game menu and your game should show up there.

Why aren't you using 3.40 OE-A though?

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
do i put a folder named iso in the MT root folder?, becuase all it has in ther are 2folders 100 MNV001 and 100ANV01, and i'm going to upgrade to 340 OEA pretty soon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh