Hacking I bricked my New 3DS XL...

johnysaeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I had my New 3DS XL with the 11.2 FW set up perfectly with LUMA and FBI installed. I suddently took out the SD card when the console was off because I needed that SD card for something else. So I transefred the data from the old one to the new one and I thought everything was fine. I inserted the card into my New 3DS XL and to my surprise the only thing that showed up was a blue light that vanished after 2 seconds. I thought it had no battery, but even after charging it it doesn't seem to turn on.
I do have to say I think I have all the necessary data, such as the arm9loaderhax.bin and so on. If somebody could PLEASE help me, I would be very grateful.
Cheers.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What format is the new card in? Are you certain the files didn't corrupt in the transfer? You didn't brick you are kissing the payload from your card. I assume using an old build of a9lh

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi! I had my New 3DS XL with the 11.2 FW set up perfectly with LUMA and FBI installed. I suddently took out the SD card when the console was off because I needed that SD card for something else. So I transefred the data from the old one to the new one and I thought everything was fine. I inserted the card into my New 3DS XL and to my surprise the only thing that showed up was a blue light that vanished after 2 seconds. I thought it had no battery, but even after charging it it doesn't seem to turn on.
I do have to say I think I have all the necessary data, such as the arm9loaderhax.bin and so on. If somebody could PLEASE help me, I would be very grateful.
Cheers.
Make sure the card is FAT32 formatted.

johnysaeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! Thanks for the support! I tried with a new SD card and all and I made sure the SD card was FAT32 formatted but I still don't manage to get my console to work... Should I download the files again??

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You've got some kind of problem between the console and the file, you'll have to troubleshoot what it is. It could be:
  1. SD card incorrectly formatted
  2. SD card corrupted
  3. File corrupted on transfer or download
  4. Incorrect file
You seem to have number 1 under control. For 2, test your cards with H2testw (clear all data off and opt for full read and write check). For 3, use TeraCopy to make sure it gets copied over, or check the sha hash listed for the file to make sure it downloaded without issue. For 4, try arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5 as well as all the boot.firm from Luma 7.1 through to 8.1. You can also try putting GodMode9.firm (named to boot.firm) on the root or GodMode9.bin (named to arm9loaderhax.bin) on the root and see if it boots into GodMode9.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro