Hacking Hyrule Warriors save editing

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not saying I'm not going to try and use this info to try and resurrect weapon swaps in the 3DS plugin and maybe the trainer…
I'm not saying that… :D

Reactions: I pwned U!

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying I'm not going to try and use this info to try and resurrect weapon swaps in the 3DS plugin and maybe the trainer…
I'm not saying that… :D
Are you gonna add my findings to the OP?

Just to save everyone the trouble of having to look back at the last couple of pages.

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
About to go to bed right now but I do know I need to update the OP with the extra weapon data and the start offsets for the last couple of DLC packs. No real reason beyond laziness.

And I've already found where this part of initdata.bin gets loaded into RAM (0x356E7294 on the PAL Disc) and tomorrow I test how it reacts to changes.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Dr.Aardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to poke around the game with TCPGecko and found out some values.
This is for the USA version (00050000-1017D800)
Values from initdata editing apply here.

Code:
DLC Character unlock data

starts at 0x356D4F10
20 bytes (0x14) long

First 5 bytes are
00 00 00 CH LK

Rest are unknown.

CH = Character ID
LK = Lock Toggle

00 = Locked
01 = Unlocked

————————————————————————————————————————————————
Weapon Data

starts at 0x356DE8D0
32 bytes (0x20) long

0000 00SN   00WT 00WL   BPBP 00ID   00CH 00EL

UKUK UKUK  UKUK UKUK   FFFFFDFF   0001 L100

SN = Slot Number
WT = Weapon Type
WL = Weapon Level
BP = Base Power
ID = Weapon ID
CH = Character ID
EL = Element
UK = Unknown
L1 = Lock Toggle 1 (Needs Lock Toggle 2 for DLC weapons)

DLC Weapon Unlock Data

starts at 0x35709ED0
40 bytes (0x28) long

000000WT 000000I1 000000I2 000000I3
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000
000000UK L2000000

WT = Weapon Type
I1 = Weapon ID 1
I2 = Weapon ID 2
I3 = Weapon ID 3
UK = Unknown
L2 = Lock Toggle 2 (Needs Lock Toggle 1)

**The Lock toggles only seem to work for DLC characters and weapons. You can't use them to unlock weapons and characters from the base game.

Update:
After some more experimenting with TCPGecko I think I figured out how weapon combos work and how to unlock them for other characters when weapon swapping.

From what I gathered, they work in sets like so

Code:
Set 1
Hylian Sword (Link)
Book of Sorcery (Lana)
Rapier (Zelda)
Giant Blade (Impa)
Great Swords (Ganondorf)
Harp (Sheik)
Hammer (Darunia)
Zora Scale (Ruto)
Parasol (Agitha)
Shackle (Midna)
Goddess Blade (Fi)
Demon Blade (Ghirahim)
Scimitar (Zant)
Master Sword (Link)
Scepter (Cia)
Dragon Spear (Volga)
Ring (Wizzro)
Mirror (Twili Midna)
Mask (Young Link)
Balloon (Tingle)
Crossbows (Linkle)
Ocarina (Skull Kid)
Light Sword (Toon Link)
Cutlass (Tetra)
Sail (King Daphnes)
Rito Harp (Medli)
Bell (Marin)
Phantom Arms (Toon Zelda)
Rental Hammer (Ravio)
Picture Frame (Yuga)
Set 2
Magic Rod (Link)
Spear (Lana)
Naginata (Impa)
Baton (Zelda)
Trident (Ganondorf)
Boots (Linkle)
Sand Wand (Toon Link)
Set 3
Great Fairy (Link)
Summoning Gate (Lana)
Dominion Rod (Zelda)
Set 4
Gauntlets (Link)
Set 5
Horse (Link)
Set 6
Spinner (Link)

An example:
if you give Sheik the Giant Blade she should be able to use the full combo set for it as long as you have bought all of Sheik's combo badges since they both are in Set 1. To have Sheik use the full combo set of the Naginata you would need to buy the combo set 2 badges for Sheik.

Here are the addresses to unlock the combo badges for all characters

Code:
01 = Set 1 Attack Badges
03 = Set 2 Attack Badges
07 = Set 3 Attack Badges
0F = Set 4 Attack Badges
1F = Set 5 Attack Badges
3F = Set 6 Attack Badges

0x356D55A7 - Link
0x356D569B - Zelda
0x356D578F - Sheik
0x356D5883 - Impa
0x356D5977 - Ganondorf
0x356D5A6B - Darunia
0x356D5B5F - Ruto
0x356D5C53 - Agitha
0x356D5D47 - Midna
0x356D5E3B - Fi
0x356D5F2F - Ghirahim
0x356D6023 - Zant
0x356D620B - Lana
0x356D7F97 - Cia
0x356D808B - Volga
0x356D817F - Wizzro
0x356D8273 - Twili Midna
0x356D8367 - Young Link
0x356D845B - Tingle 
0x356D8737 - Linkle
0x356D882B - Skull Kid
0x356D891F - Toon Link
0x356D8A13 - Tetra
0x356D8B07 = King Daphnes
0x356D8BFB = Medli
0x356D8CEF = Marin
0x356D8DE3 = Toon Zelda
0x356D8ED7 = Ravio
0x356D8FCB = Yuga

After Unlocking and buying the combo set badges for a character they will stay unlocked after saving, so you only have to do this once for any weapon swaps you want to do.

I hope I explained this well.

Last edited by Dr.Aardvark,

Dr.Aardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, I actually found it out by accident when trying to unlock the attack badges through tcpgecko. Didn't see your reddit post until now.

Jessica1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I decided to poke around the game with TCPGecko and found out some values.
This is for the USA version (00050000-1017D800)
Values from initdata editing apply here.

Can confirm that the DLC weapon unlock data starts at the same address on the European disc version. I'm still playing around with the codes, but they're probabaly all the same for EU.

Edit: Can confirm the rest of the codes are also in the same place in the EU version.

Last edited by Jessica1987,

Dr.Aardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm that the DLC weapon unlock data starts at the same address on the European disc version. I'm still playing around with the codes, but they're probabaly all the same for EU.

Edit: Can confirm the rest of the codes are also in the same place in the EU version.

Neat, I guess it's just loadiine that has them at different offsets then.

Reactions: PikaArc

Jessica1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Neat, I guess it's just loadiine that has them at different offsets then.
If I understand correctly then the codes in your first block of codes cannot be used to unlock DLC characters on the disc version, correct? Because I tried to edit the locks from 00 to 01 for the characters and weapons, but nothing happened. I browsed the earlier pages of this thread and a couple of other threads on GBAtemp, and it seems you need to use Loadiine if you want to unlock the DLC characters if you haven't bought them?

Dr.Aardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understand correctly then the codes in your first block of codes cannot be used to unlock DLC characters on the disc version, correct? Because I tried to edit the locks from 00 to 01 for the characters and weapons, but nothing happened.
Did you try refreshing the character select screen after changing the values?
I have the eshop version and a couple dlc packs installed so that may also have something to do with it.
I'm going to try deleting my dlc to see if that changes anything.

I browsed the earlier pages of this thread and a couple of other threads on GBAtemp, and it seems you need to use Loadiine if you want to unlock the DLC characters if you haven't bought them?
That's one way. Another way that I found out recently was using cafiine to unlock the dlc, but it requires having bought at least 1 dlc pack aside from the Boss Pack (Well if you want all dlc anyway. You might be able to get by with unlocking just the extra characters if all you have is the Boss Pack).

Update:
Alright I deleted the dlc I had bought and tried the unlock codes again and they still worked for me. So it's either because I have the eshop version of the game or you changed the wrong values.

Oh, It might also be because the characters are labeled as "unlocked" in my save.
I'll try it again with a fresh save and see what happens.

Last edited by Dr.Aardvark,

Jessica1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Did you try refreshing the character select screen after changing the values?
I have the eshop version and a couple dlc packs installed so that may also have something to do with it.
I'm going to try deleting my dlc to see if that changes anything.
Yeah, I tried enterring and exiting the Bazaar (so the game saves), playing a mission, and resetting the game all together (going back to the wii u home menu, and then starting HW up again), nothing worked. The characters would stay locked, and if I disconnected and reconnected Gecko dNet, the lock would be back to 00 (even if I've saved with it being on 01).

That's one way. Another way that I found out recently was using cafiine to unlock the dlc, but it requires having bought at least 1 dlc pack aside from the Boss Pack (Well if you want all dlc anyway. You might be able to get by with unlocking just the extra characters if all you have is the Boss Pack).
I've gotten all the DLC up until Marin, so I'll try that method tomorrow morning. Do you still have the download link for the HW DLC files?

Dr.Aardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so the dlc character unlocks require a 2nd set of values to be activated and need at least one of their weapons in your save.
The character unlock value is also in the save file so @marc_max could probably add it to his save editor if he wanted to.

I've gotten all the DLC up until Marin, so I'll try that method tomorrow morning. Do you still have the download link for the HW DLC files?
Yeah, PM me about it later. Even though these are edited dlc files it's still probably against the rules to post them.

Reactions: marc_max

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Alright, so the dlc character unlocks require a 2nd set of values to be activated and need at least one of their weapons in your save.
The character unlock value is also in the save file so @marc_max could probably add it to his save editor if he wanted to.

Yeah, PM me about it later. Even though these are edited dlc files it's still probably against the rules to post them.
Which are those values?

Dr.Aardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
00 = LOCKED
01 = UNLOCKED
02 = HIDDEN
03 = UNLOCKED(DLC)

0x8C16F - Link
0x8C1A7 - Zelda
0x8C1DF - Sheik
0x8C217 - Impa
0x8C24F - Ganondorf
0x8C287 - Darunia
0x8C2BF - Ruto
0x8C2F7 - Agitha
0x8C32F - Midna
0x8C367 - Fi
0x8C39F - Ghirahim
0x8C3D7 - Zant
0x8C447 - Lana
0x8CB0F - Cia
0x8CB47 - Volga
0x8CB7F - Wizzro
0x8CBB7 - Twili Midna
0x8CBEF - Young Link
0x8CC27 - Tingle
0x8CC5F - Ganon
0x8CC97 - Cucco
0x8CCCF - Linkle
0x8CD07 - Skull Kid
0x8CD3F - Toon Link
0x8CD77 - Tetra
0x8CDAF - King Daphnes
0x8CDE7 - Medli
0x8CE1F - Marin
0x8CE57 - Toon Zelda
0x8CE8F - Ravio
0x8CEC7 - Yuga

The base game characters use 01 for being unlocked and the DLC characters, starting with Cia, use 03.
As far as I know 02 is an unused value that puts the character in a hidden state like when you beat Legend Mode and still have a couple characters to unlock. 00 will still do the same thing as 02 but only if Legend Mode is completed.

Jessica1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Will do that, as soon as I got 10 posts. ;) In the meantime I'll continue to poke around.

Edit: Poking around unfortunately didn't work. I first created a pair of boots, a bell and a sword (for Toon Zelda), and then I "unlocked" the weapons and characters at (approximately) 3570A1C0 and 356D5020. I then refreshed the character screen, but no dice. :(

Edit2: It's working now! :D Thank you Dr.Aardvark!

Last edited by Jessica1987,

Jessica1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
By the way, just out of curiosity, does anyone know the purpose of the second set of the weapon codes? When I'm editting weapons in Gecko dNet the code for every weapon is immediately repeated. The second set is preceded by a number that denotes which "number" the weapon is in the list (e.g the 7th weapon in the list will have 00000007 in front of the 03000000). When my game saves, the second set is automatically updated. Does the first set affect the stats of the weapon while the second set affects the "looks"?

Dr.Aardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, just out of curiosity, does anyone know the purpose of the second set of the weapon codes? When I'm editting weapons in Gecko dNet the code for every weapon is immediately repeated. The second set is preceded by a number that denotes which "number" the weapon is in the list (e.g the 7th weapon in the list will have 00000007 in front of the 03000000). When my game saves, the second set is automatically updated. Does the first set affect the stats of the weapon while the second set affects the "looks"?
I remember seeing that before. I think it's data from the save file as i'm pretty sure it updates to match the values above it when the game saves.
not too sure though since I didn't pay too much attention to it.

Jessica1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I remember seeing that before. I think it's data from the save file as i'm pretty sure it updates to match the values above it when the game saves.
not too sure though since I didn't pay too much attention to it.
Yeah, just editting the first set is enough to change the stats, looks and abilities of the weapon.

Jessica1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok, so I think I've figured it out. I think the 1st set is the weapon data during missions, while the second set permanently saves the data.

You know those skills you unlock by killing a certain amount of enemies? You have to kill those enemies during missions (obviously), but when you press start and check out your weapon, you will find the KO counter has decreased by the amount of enemies you killed. However, if you quit the mission without finishing it, the game will reset the counter back to what it was before you started the mission (because you only keep things like unlocked skills when finishing the mission). Therefore there must be two weapon datas stored: one temporary one, for during missions (the 1st set), and a "permanent" one (the 2nd set).

If you edit the 1st set outside of missions and then save (for example by going in the bazaar and then leaving), the 2nd set will immediately be updated to match the 1st, because it's as if you cleared a missio, with at the end of the mission the weapon described by set 1 equipped.

HeroKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried this out, all i did was make a weapon to use for the rupee glitch. now when i finish a mission, i get an error of "not enough free space to create save" when i tried to inject my save with loadiine, i got an injection failed, so did i end up corrupting my save?

Edit: ok, tried injecting again, got it in 100% this time, no save errors after a mission. thanks for the tool. my friend and i can make our own weapons now, since that's what we were after

Last edited by HeroKing,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk