Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A decent exploit for 5.4+ honestly would breathe more life in the dying Wii U system. The realization that the Wii U has nothing to offer but a few Mario and Zelda games is starting to kick in lol. I have seen it in multiple posts throughout these thread. If IOSU comes out, it will make a lot of people happy, but if not, there is a lot of other systems out there that provides way more content than the Wii U.

John2568

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A decent exploit for 5.4+ honestly would breathe more life in the dying Wii U system. The realization that the Wii U has nothing to offer but a few Mario and Zelda games is starting to kick in lol. I have seen it in multiple posts throughout these thread. If IOSU comes out, it will make a lot of people happy, but if not, there is a lot of other systems out there that provides way more content than the Wii U.

Thats so true. Don't get me wrong the Mario Games the best games for kids and family hands down. But its true very limited. Nintendo needs to hire lot more Japanese to develop more games. Love SNES and some Gamecube games too even 3DS games if they can be played on the wii u that would open bigger doors

Reactions: Pachee

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats so true. Don't get me wrong the Mario Games the best games for kids and family hands down. But its true very limited. Nintendo needs to hire lot more Japanese to develop more games. Love SNES and some Gamecube games too even 3DS games if they can be played on the wii u that would open bigger doors

Honestly? What Nintendo NEEDS to do is take a page from sega's handbook and step back from making hardware and focus on software. Nintendo still makes good games (at least for their big IPs), their problem is they are focusing too much on hardware and it is taking away from their ability to make new games.

What NX needs to be is a software platform that runs across pc/xbox/ps4 and allows their subscribers to play their nintendo games on their platform of choice. By all means keep the 3ds line running since it seems to be thriving, but they need to drop out of the living room console race.

Reactions: mesenkomaha

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, the console had 0 marketing and it wasn't clear enough for some people what the Wii U really was.
I have friends that play videogames and call themselves "Gamers" that when I said to them that I was going to buy a Wii U in 2015 they were thinking that the Wii U was a Portable console or a Wii Controller.
lol
Hykem: Last seen 19 minutes ago. !!!!
Last seen 19 minutes ago. Status: Facepalming

Last edited by henn64,

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still, he didn't, do you even know how to read? Extending his vacations is not the same as delaying the exploit
Here we go again...
"changed that till sometime before end of February."
"till sometime before end of February."
"before end of February."
Following reply:
"No he didn't"
Me: "Yes he did."
I then proceeded to quote Hykem, highlighting "February" as opposed to this piece that everyone else (probably excluding you and Aroth) take as the latest info update:
I have the entire month of January free just to work on this and the exploit will be released and maintained before February
which is now (or soon to be) invalid.

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahhhh, the drama, the chaos, the impatience... Never change, GBAtemp, never change...

I hope you all eventually realize that I never gave any specific dates for a release. Instead, I kept manifesting my intentions on releasing something on a meaningful date (Christmas was the original goal, for instance) and failed consecutively to deliver because I do have a life (not a particularly easy one either).
Nonetheless, I kept the only actual promise I made, which was to report progress and document as much as possible. I even went the extra mile and threw the remaining keys away as proof.

Anyway, my goal with announcing this before even showing any proof was to spark interest in the Wii U again, and I succeeded to a satisfactory extent. Not only that, but people in general became more cautious with updating their consoles, which is a great bonus.

Everything is advancing at a great pace, I'm porting my exploit to a few key firmware versions and documenting relevant information. Homebrew ideas are being brainstormed and for the first time since the Wii U's launch, I believe it will be possible to raise a decent "scene" before it falls drastically into oblivion after the NX comes out.

What I don't understand is why people get mad when things get delayed. You do realize that I'm burning down an exploit just for everyone to enjoy homebrew on their consoles, right?
Not only that, but releasing the exploit alone won't give you anything at all. For that reason, several developers are working on different aspects of the console before it gets out in the wild and that takes variable amounts of time.

At first, my original intention was to just drop the exploit and let people do the rest, but now I don't think that's going to work. What do I mean with all this? Stop worrying so much about it. The latest firmware (5.5.1) is vulnerable, just enjoy your console in the meantime and when it's out, it's out.

In sum, I don't care if 99% of you end up hating me because the exploit is not being released when you want it to be, nor do I care if you all blame me for starting a massive hype all around and then not delivering when I was supposed to. I know there's still 1% of people around that understand what we (developers) are doing and that everyone will eventually get the chance to explore their systems in the way that's supposed to be, safe and fun. Those people don't care if the exploit is released on February, March, 2017, 2120 or whatever, because they understand we know what we're doing.

Also, mind you, time is the only factor here. Everyone seems to be so eager to disprove or contradict what I'm doing that you all end up fighting about my posts, trying to figure out what I meant exactly.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hykem: Last seen 19 minutes ago. !!!!

Pfff, seriously, do you really expect him to reply like right now?
He's just logged in, checking all those facepalm posts in this thread, maybe he's busy writing code and checking for legit questions takes a while so yeah, jeez, just wait it out...

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ahhhh, the drama, the chaos, the impatience... Never change, GBAtemp, never change...

I hope you all eventually realize that I never gave any specific dates for a release. Instead, I kept manifesting my intentions on releasing something on a meaningful date (Christmas was the original goal, for instance) and failed consecutively to deliver because I do have a life (not a particularly easy one either).
Nonetheless, I kept the only actual promise I made, which was to report progress and document as much as possible. I even went the extra mile and threw the remaining keys away as proof.

Anyway, my goal with announcing this before even showing any proof was to spark interest in the Wii U again, and I succeeded to a satisfactory extent. Not only that, but people in general became more cautious with updating their consoles, which is a great bonus.

Everything is advancing at a great pace, I'm porting my exploit to a few key firmware versions and documenting relevant information. Homebrew ideas are being brainstormed and for the first time since the Wii U's launch, I believe it will be possible to raise a decent "scene" before it falls drastically into oblivion after the NX comes out.

What I don't understand is why people get mad when things get delayed. You do realize that I'm burning down an exploit just for everyone to enjoy homebrew on their consoles, right?
Not only that, but releasing the exploit alone won't give you anything at all. For that reason, several developers are working on different aspects of the console before it gets out in the wild and that takes variable amounts of time.

At first, my original intention was to just drop the exploit and let people do the rest, but now I don't think that's going to work. What do I mean with all this? Stop worrying so much about it. The latest firmware (5.5.1) is vulnerable, just enjoy your console in the meantime and when it's out, it's out.

In sum, I don't care if 99% of you end up hating me because the exploit is not being released when you want it to be, nor do I care if you all blame me for starting a massive hype all around and then not delivering when I was supposed to. I know there's still 1% of people around that understand what we (developers) are doing and that everyone will eventually get the chance to explore their systems in the way that's supposed to be, safe and fun. Those people don't care if the exploit is released on February, March, 2017, 2120 or whatever, because they understand we know what we're doing.

Also, mind you, time is the only factor here. Everyone seems to be so eager to disprove or contradict what I'm doing that you all end up fighting about my posts, trying to figure out what I meant exactly.
Hykem, you do you, dont listen to these impatient people, when you feel it's ready for a release, then release it. :P Keep doing your great job that you're doing for this community.

Reactions: memomo and hudhair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone