MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Either number 1 happens or no, Hykem promised to release all what he got for number 2 when ready, and he promised to do so before February :).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That info has been there even before Hykem mentions the release of his IOSU exploit, it was the conditions the devs (mainly MN1) put to release their private exploits.
But MN is not related to Plutoo, and he was talking about Plutoo's exploit (which is IOSU where MN was an kexploit if I remember correctly)

celolzitos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think any post with infos about iosu should not be accepted if don't have the source linked in the post. Everytime we got misunderstanding info because people post old news over new info.

Reactions: MRJPGames

canariobr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I cant wait to get the exploit, but I think it is better that it is only released when it could not be patched, so that we would still be able to play future games, or if the other exploits are as functional as the one released

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I cant wait to get the exploit, but I think it is better that it is only released when it could not be patched, so that we would still be able to play future games, or if the other exploits are as functional as the one released
That's not a problem due to this one word: emuNAND.
Ore in multible words: emuNAND allows us to upgrade to the latest firmware but instead of updating the Wii U's firmware you upgrade the firmware on a SD or maybe even a USB and then boot the firmware from that. So your sysNAND stays outdated (5.5) and you update your emuNAND (5.6 or 6.0 and later).

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we dont have his exploit yet so its not a release he may come up with problems or other stuff and say he needs more time.when its released then its real untill then its all talk.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
all I want is actually a new working WebKit exploit so we can utilize the Kernel Exploit (OSDriver) for 5.4 users :glare: then we can wait patiently for IOSU/Permanent exploit

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we dont have his exploit yet so its not a release he may come up with problems or other stuff and say he needs more time.when its released then its real untill then its all talk.
"He hasn't released the exploit yet, therefore he never will even though he made no promise that it would be released by now"

Wolololo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All that information is trivial and just spreads drama
It's not trivial: it takes several hours of digging into a 500 pages thread to find the information, for anyone who does not follow the subject on a daily basis. I know, because that's exactly what I had to do to write the article
It does not spread drama: If you read the article, you've seen I've been extremely careful to not include anything that has confirmed to be inaccurate or irrelevant to the current status.

Just sayin'

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wasn't Hykem the one that gave naehrwert a hint about what bug he uses? So it's pretty clear that he uses the same bug as hykem, if he hasn't found another one already.

BTW, is anyone into WiiU coding? I have some code that is crashing with a dark blue screen, but I don't know why.
Code:
            unsigned int fp_handle;
            OSDynLoad_Acquire("nn_fp.rpl", &fp_handle);
            __os_snprintf(flags.output, 1000, "\ngot rpl");
            const char* name;
            void(*GetMyScreenName)();
            OSDynLoad_FindExport(fp_handle, 2, "nn::fp::GetMyScreenName", &GetMyScreenName);
            __os_snprintf(flags.output, 1000, "\ngot export");
            __os_snprintf(flags.output, 1000, "\nrunning function");
            GetMyScreenName(&name);
            __os_snprintf(flags.output, 1000, name);
__os_snprintf works, I tried that without the other functions. It's probably really trivial, but I'm apparently too stupid to find the bug for myself. Also, it's the first time I use real C, so I'm not really into that stuff :/

Reactions: Maschell

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can't the c++ functions names, you have to use the right (internal?) functionname. Use ida for this.
e.g. for nn::ac::GetPersistentIdEx() I had to use GetPersistentIdEx__Q2_2nn3actFUc

Reactions: aracom

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"He hasn't released the exploit yet, therefore he never will even though he made no promise that it would be released by now"
Thought is was going to be a Christmas present? Anyway, I'm calling bullshit and moving on with my life at this point.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

ChronoX_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this thread was already made 1/7/2015? wow where's that crystal ball they have around here.
@SonyUSA IS IT OUT?! (( No. )) -- Updated 1/7/2015 12:15AM MT (UTC -7)

That's the US date format, month/day/year. According to our date format it would be July 1st yes ;-)

edit: ah, you're probably talking about the 2015 part I guess... must be a typo ;-)

Last edited by ChronoX_,

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thought is was going to be a Christmas present? Anyway, I'm calling bullshit and moving on with my life at this point.

It wasn't supposed to be a Christmas present, that was only Hykem's original intent. Because of recent developments + Hykem exploring a possible bug that can run exploits on boot (or something like that), the plan is to have it out by the end of this month.

Last edited by Harmonia,

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xenoblade x bayonetta 2 bout only 2 games worth playing on wii u right now.Longer it takes better..
Good games are coming after march folks,I dont want nintendo patching us out.if they can even do with iosu exploit.
never say never they could force syscalls make u have to have higher fw,
play newer stuff longer it takes better..we all know ps3 cat n mouse game waiting for 3.6 keys play newer games for months
nintendo r diffrent clueless company,but dont put it past them to try do cat n mouse game with us.
funny i have like 15-20 games all exclusive to wii u worth playin? maybe ur taste in games is awful

Last edited by IpsoFact0,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1