Hacking Huge exploit found on firmware 3.0.0: smhax

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh of course. Just like the 3DS early on. We're making completely separate points, friend, haha! I agree with you.

Slightly different beasts. ;)

They literally said multiple times "do not update to 3.0.1". If a user says it then I can understand doubt, but if a dev says it then you should believe them. They often aren't specific at first because they have multiple secret bugs they are getting to keep from getting patched. They first see what has changed and then if a bug was patched they get more specific.

And the fear here wasn't just any old bug, it was THE bug. The warnings were loud and clear.

The patch was bad.

Last edited by V-Temp,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capable only if you know the instruction sets and how to utilize the drivers.
Nope. Most ran without even messing with it. Bios, then ISO, keyboard config, then bam.

Really, this has to stop being spread. What's being stated about the PS2 being a "beast to get working" or whatever is relatively false. The GCN was more powerful than the PS2 in every single way (I know, I know, "but ARM! The proccessor!" yada. I get it. But the switch should be MORE than capable to run it well)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd like to remind you all that I put out a thread, urging people NOT TO UPDATE if they want homebrew like, last week :P

D

Deleted User

Nope. Most ran without even messing with it. Bios, then ISO, keyboard config, then bam.

Really, this has to stop being spread. What's being stated about the PS2 being a "beast to get working" or whatever is relatively false. The GCN was more powerful than the PS2 in every single way (I know, I know, "but ARM! The proccessor!" yada. I get it. But the switch should be MORE than capable to run it well)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd like to remind you all that I put out a thread, urging people NOT TO UPDATE if they want homebrew like, last week :P
^ Nobody will listen to 1 person, that why people did it, next time I hope all the devs tell people not to update

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Nobody will listen to 1 person, that why people did it, next time I hope all the devs tell people not to update
Sucks, doesn't it? Which is why I linked them to two places where popular hackers and devs post articles. I think that's more than sufficient. So it's entirely there fault/choice.

Reactions: whateverg1012

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao this type of thing reminds me of when I bought a 2DS with 9.2 wayyyyy after 10.X was released. And I updated it right away

D

Deleted User

i told many people dont upgrade to 3.0.1 it will fuck up things ... well its now just an matter of time until Switchax comes out

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whelp, I updated just this morning to pick up Sonic Mania. I'm pretty annoyed with myself now...

I'm debating picking up a second one right now. It sounds like that could be the only way to not get locked out of homebrew later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1