Hacking Huge exploit found on firmware 3.0.0: smhax

Status
Not open for further replies.

annoyingcalc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was there. They used it on resources to make the game.

I mean, I get your rebellious open-source inspired attitude, but if it worked the way you want it to with everything, there wouldn't be a single business open and the economy would just rupture beyond belief.
Uhh. That's not the money that's there. It doesn't take Nintendo's "potential money" because it's not there. You also can't take the money they used on development because that wouldn't make any sense. The money the user pays cannot be taken until they buy something.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch has games? I didn't notice. :rofl2:

Seriously though. I can understand that people are excited for current and upcoming games. There are no games coming anytime soon that I can't wait to play. Mario Odyssey looks cool but I'm not a huge fan of 3D Mario games so I can wait. I already regret buying about half of the games I have. That being said you sound super salty.

So what if I am? :creep: I have a modded Wii U to play all the emulators I ever want. I'm not in any urgent need for a hacked Switch, but yeah, whatever.

benjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Except it's not "pure profit," because you have to consider manufacuring cost. They probably made closer to €200 on you

I can still up this number:

If they would not have patched the exploid, i would buy Mario Kart 8 and eventually other online games, because i can't play online with piracy anyways.

Now i can't play them anyways on 3.0.0.
Also their is the hacker one program and the patching cost in general. That's all stuff that bites them in the ass.

Developers should really rethink their strategies.

D

Deleted User

question is the exploit available yet ? so we can try to build hello world ?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you check twitter hackers are saying that they wont look into 3.0.1 so rather stay on 3.0
If you also read posts daeken is more working towards loading linux than a homebrew launcher. He said specificially somewhere he wants one of those two, but more hopeful for linux. And once that happens he is leaving.

I'd bet a large sum of money that if piracy weren't an option then people would by at least a significant portion of the games they download
Actually as someone who both pirates and pays for games, I can assure you most games I pirate I would have never purchased anyway. Most pirates are either too poor to afford tons of games at $40+, or they can afford games and pay for most the ones they do care about, but also pirate games they don't super care about but still want to try out.
I would say you are wrong. They may pay for more games without piracy, but probably not by any substantial amount like you seem to think.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you also read posts daeken is more working towards loading linux than a homebrew launcher. He said specificially somewhere he wants one of those two, but more hopeful for linux. And once that happens he is leaving.

Actually as someone who both pirates and pays for games, I can assure you most games I pirate I would have never purchased anyway. Most pirates are either too poor to afford tons of games at $40+, or they can afford games and pay for most the ones they do care about, but also pirate games they don't super care about but still want to try out.
I would say you are wrong. They may pay for more games without piracy, but probably not by any substantial amount like you seem to think.

12 games a year (1 monthly) equals $780

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what if I am? :creep: I have a modded Wii U to play all the emulators I ever want. I'm not in any urgent need for a hacked Switch, but yeah, whatever.

Yeah that's the other thing. I've got a ton of games on the Wii U I haven't played yet. Not to mention Steam.

D

Deleted User

It is already available but good luck make them share it with you.

it would make sense to ask them on the IRC Channel since its patched already they might share it so newcomers can learn with it , would be great to have a chance to learn how to build and test applications

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would make sense to ask them on the IRC Channel since its patched already they might share it so newcomers can learn with it , would be great to have a chance to learn how to build and test applications

There's far too much "leaking" and stealing of techniques. Between HackerOne, the dumped ROMs technique potentially being ripped off by a lurker, and just usual internet drama, I'd say that secrets will remain secret for some time.

Remember, the more that things become public or well known and distributed, the more quickly they end up in HackerOne. If some of this information depends on potentially still present bugs under the new FW, you'd not want that information finding its way back into HackerOne.

Last edited by V-Temp,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About time somebody DDoS the hell out of HackerOne
You clearly don't understand basic networking and hacking terms. All that would do is temporarily take down the service. Good luck being able to keep it down for long enough to make any kind of impact on the program. And people would just come back later to post the same stuff they would have while the service was down.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You clearly don't understand basic networking and hacking terms. All that would do is temporarily take down the service. Good luck being able to keep it down for long enough to make any kind of impact on the program. And people would just come back later to post the same stuff they would have while the service was down.
I'm pretty sure it was a joke. :mellow:

D

Deleted User

well you got a point but still there needs to be something against hacker one its like a monkey in the cage trow bananas they are happy same with the hackers pay them and they give leaks to the BIG N.

sad that money rulez the world .... we can be happy that we have that big exploit on 3.0 we can only hope that michael or smea gonna push it to the public soon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but i do believe that you could build a kind of homebrew loader with the 3.0 Exploit but you would need to use the Leaked SDK which is illegal

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christ people, talk about derailing a topic.

So anyway too early to know on this one? If anyone has ongoing updates on this and actually lurks here it would be cool if you sent me a message with some general info. Otherwise I'll assume that if something doesn't come out by time Mario Odyssey does then nothing will be coming out, except for on the development side.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Were can i download free gamz fam?
?
tumblr_lzd298ZOWh1qjtk3v.png

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christ people, talk about derailing a topic.

So anyway too early to know on this one? If anyone has ongoing updates on this and actually lurks here it would be cool if you sent me a message with some general info. Otherwise I'll assume that if something doesn't come out by time Mario Odyssey does then nothing will be coming out, except for on the development side.
Is that a giant dildo in your avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kjIXjGzImE