Hacking Huge exploit found on firmware 3.0.0: smhax

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

There's probably a lot of time until we can play games with hax though. I could buy a Switch right now, but then I don't know for how long it would be gathering dust.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but if the overall piracy rates remained low enough and/or they only considered the hardware sales initially, there could have still been an overall benefit.
console makers make more money from software sales than hardware sales. piracy does not benefit developers or console makers at all

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what is smhax ?
b22ef81f228f3016e26c83df98c0f685.jpeg

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that is true, then PokeAcer could potentially be sued or worse if someone notified Nintendo.

Doing shit like this is a great way to get actual legal work done against your scene.

And this time not because Sony go draconian on your ass but because you violated a signed contract and broke the law.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn it I upgraded yesterday for sonic mania ...
But who cares about homebrews ... All tablets can do that now with emulation or other stuff ...
Useless actually

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
console makers make more money from software sales than hardware sales. piracy does not benefit developers or console makers at all

I know, but publishers may have used the hardware sales (initially) as an indication of a platform doing well and the amount of potential customers to justify making software for a platform.

I'm not talking long term here (especially if piracy would be a big factor in these hardware sales), but if there were enough good games then non-pirates could get interested in the platform and subsequently keep up the momentum.

Remember, this is a hypothetical scenario for what could have happened and is set a few years ago.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

ZachSZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, I was so close to updating my 2.0 switch, glad I didn't. What's the possibility of them actually releasing the exploit though? Is it just going to be a hacker gloating on twitter and then not releasing anything like the PS4 scene?

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went ahead and ordered one from Amazon since they're "restocked" for Prime members. I still have my main one on 3.0.0 but would like to update it and have this extra for homebrew.

D

Deleted-355425

Went ahead and ordered one from Amazon since they're "restocked" for Prime members. I still have my main one on 3.0.0 but would like to update it and have this extra for homebrew.

Most logical thing ive heard all night on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...