Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL.

just to check, after booting to Gateway, Backup System NAND, do i need to backup to PC first before select Format EMUNAND?

am very new to these.

Yes.
When you do the Format emuNAND, it will wipe out the SD Card.
Copy the Backup to your PC before this.

(It does put Launcher back on after the format, but that's about it)

Reactions: kamesenin888

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally i got it working, but i got a problem guys. I make the nandbackup, format emunand... and when i want to boot into gateway mode it seems to work, but when i go to configuration you cant see here the "GW3D XXXX".

Some idea?

Nvm its a bug on a microsd with more than 4gb of capacity.

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any future plan to make this work with the eshop version? I'm sure a lot of people would gladly pay $39.99 for it and then sell their sky3ds for almost double that much. Would also save the trouble of swapping flashcarts obviously.

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any future plan to make this work with the eshop version? I'm sure a lot of people would gladly pay $39.99 for it and then sell their sky3ds for almost double that much. Would also save the trouble of swapping flashcarts obviously.

As far as im aware, that wont ever be possible. Dont we need a dump of OOT that came preinstalled on a 3DS?

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as im aware, that wont ever be possible. Dont we need a dump of OOT that came preinstalled on a 3DS?

Not really, I'm pretty sure all you need to do is buy it legitimately on the Emunand eshop and make sure it is linked with sysnand, and then when you boot back to sysnand it should appear on your homescreen

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not really, I'm pretty sure all you need to do is buy it legitimately on the Emunand eshop and make sure it is linked with sysnand, and then when you boot back to sysnand it should appear on your homescreen

Not possible to do it without spending the $39.99, but cearp confirmed it should work to buy on emunand and then swap the ticket.db over to sysnand. We don't know yet if the save will work with the eshop version though. It hasn't been tested yet because you would need either xorpad or tool to manage title.dbs like rx, but on n3ds that isn't released by anyone yet.

HIMFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read all 51 pages of this thread and still have not had any forward progress :/ I still run into the thing where it just shows all 3 save slots as "New Game". I have the contrast ROM, the template, and the US .sav file, but I can never get anything to show up. I've done every step from the tutorial, no luck. I've tried every little tip people have, no luck. Maybe it's because I have a red button SKY3DS.

Reactions: obs123194

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read all 51 pages of this thread and still have not had any forward progress :/ I still run into the thing where it just shows all 3 save slots as "New Game". I have the contrast ROM, the template, and the US .sav file, but I can never get anything to show up. I've done every step from the tutorial, no luck. I've tried every little tip people have, no luck. Maybe it's because I have a red button SKY3DS.

it is you're suppose to use Doc-Ziggy tutorial. HIMFan I have a red button sky3ds and im trying to restore the gw save to one of my oot roms but it's not working...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof