Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

Riff89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is it at all possible for this method to be modified for use with original 3DS systems? I got pretty close, even got the game file to load, no corruption at all. The only problem is when I hit A. When I did, gameplay froze but game music continued playing. Main reason I wish to use this exploit is to have an offline method of using Gateway, as some of my game card become corrupted after performing the downgrade for the old method.

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, is it at all possible for this method to be modified for use with original 3DS systems? I got pretty close, even got the game file to load, no corruption at all. The only problem is when I hit A. When I did, gameplay froze but game music continued playing. Main reason I wish to use this exploit is to have an offline method of using Gateway, as some of my game card become corrupted after performing the downgrade for the old method.
Same as me, I guess it only works on the New 3DS.

edit: that seems to be the case. So once we get past the corruption check and manage to load the GATEWAY save and see Link inside the hut, then that means it should work on the New, right? Even if on the Old it just freezes with the music playing.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country

Use savedatafiller to solve this thing

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW Fix Steps (For those with corrupted saves):
Step 1: Download SAV linked below
Step 2: Restore to card
Step 3: ??????
Step 4: PROFIT

SKY3DS Steps:
Step 0.5: Grab the template linked below and change your Diskwriter settings to use it (its just the lastest template, but better safe than sorry)
Step 1: Grab a copy of OOT. Slap it on your Sky3DS.
Step 1.5: Write the same copy to your Sky AGAIN (using the "Add" option, there should be 2 OOT entries when you're done)
Step 2: Grab the SAV for your region from below
Step 3: Restore SAV with Diskwriter for BOTH copies of OOT
Step 3.5: Put the cart in your 3DS, try the first OOT copy, if the save doesn't load (empty saves), switch to the next copy of OOT and try again
Step 4: ??????
Step 5: PROFIT

Thanks to Chuntington for helping me confirm my suspicions.

"From delt31:

IT WORKED - OK here is the problem guys - no doubt about it.

For those with white screen crashes - the card you're using for SKY is now corrupt. You need a new card - what I did was swap the internal 3ds msd with the one I was using with sky. I used that MiniAide Fat32 formatting tool to delete and create partition FAT 32 for both. Not sure you need that program but worked for me. Then I did the steps outlined on the updated first page and it worked. 2nd slot as expected. Again - the solution is this ( AND i SUGGEST IT"S POSTED ON THE FRONT PAGE) - YOU NEED A NEW FRESH CARD IN SKY. swap the sky 3ds card that doesn't work with the 3ds internal. Use that program to delete and create new partitions on both, saving the files from your old 3ds card to your desktop so you can easily transfer them over and then do the steps outlined"

Links:
Template: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52569571/Sky3DS GW/template0312.txt

US SKY OOT Save (CONFIRMED WORKING/CONTRAST ONLY): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52569571/Sky3DS GW/AQEE.sav

US GW OOT Save: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52569571/GWOOTFIX/AQEE.sav

EU SKY OOT Save (CONFIRMED WORKING/LEGACY REV00 ONLY): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52569571/Sky3DS GW/AQEP.sav

EU GW OOT Save: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52569571/GWOOTFIX/AQEP.SAV

EU GW OOT Save (If the first doesn't work): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52569571/GWOOTFIX/AQEP.rar

JP SKY OOT Save (CONFIRMED WORKING/BAHAMUT REV00 ONLY): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52569571/Sky3DS GW/AQEJ.sav (thanks Helper!)

JP Sky OOT Save (From Duowan, try it if the first one doesnt work): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52569571/Sky3DS GW/0206 - Zelda no Densetsu - Toki no Ocarina 3D (JP).sav

JP GW OOT Save: WIP

In order to fix EU and JP carts, I need SavaDataFiler dumps of WORKING and NON WORKING OOT carts. (both are needed). Shoot me a PM with them and I'll get to work :P.

The only thing I have to say to this kind of work is IF GW HAD RELEASE THIS SOONER THAN THE MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY WOULDN'T BE THIS WILLING TO TRY TO FIND AN ALTERNATIVE ROUTE. Thanks for your assistance in getting the game saved rolled out.

Reactions: beenii

Riff89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same as me, I guess it only works on the New 3DS.

edit: that seems to be the case. So once we get past the corruption check and manage to load the GATEWAY save and see Link inside the hut, then that means it should work on the New, right? Even if on the Old it just freezes with the music playing.

Yeah it's just a matter of needing a New 3DS instead of one of the original models.
Use savedatafiller to solve this thing

I am pretty sure that I will not be able to use this exploit even if I took your advice. From what I have seen, this method of getting Gateway to work is ONLY for the New 3DS models.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's just a matter of needing a New 3DS instead of one of the original models.

I am pretty sure that I will not be able to use this exploit even if I took your advice. From what I have seen, this method of getting Gateway to work is ONLY for the New 3DS models.

No. Use savedatafiler to convert your save files and you can downgrading

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
No. Use savedatafiler to convert your save files and you can downgrading
Well, downgrading would allow us to use the DS profile exploit to avoid the need for an Internet connection, but the downside is the save issue with the risk of losing saved games. So we don't want to downgrade, we wanted to use the OoT exploit on O3DS, but it only works on N3DS.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, downgrading would allow us to use the DS profile exploit to avoid the need for an Internet connection, but the downside is the save issue with the risk of losing saved games. So we don't want to downgrade, we wanted to use the OoT exploit on O3DS, but it only works on N3DS.
Thats not true the Zelda Oot exploit works on all 3ds/2ds N3dsxl/N3ds. I would like to add that this is a nice way for 2ds users to enter gateway mode without wifi

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not true the Zelda Oot exploit works on all 3ds/2ds N3dsxl/N3ds. I would like to add that this is a nice way for 2ds users to enter gateway mode without wifi
Have you personally run the exploit on the O3DS, because I have ran it probably 20 -30 times and it freezes at the press a everytime. I have the Rev0 no manual USA Release. So I have to say that no it doesn't work on the original 3ds whatsoever, no way to say about the 2DS though.

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you personally run the exploit on the O3DS, because I have ran it probably 20 -30 times and it freezes at the press a everytime. I have the Rev0 no manual USA Release. So I have to say that no it doesn't work on the original 3ds whatsoever, no way to say about the 2DS though.

Have you tried running the OoT exploit with the 3.04 launcher.dat on the SD (for O3DS) ?
Pretty sure that would work.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried running the OoT exploit with the 3.04 launcher.dat on the SD (for O3DS) ?
Pretty sure that would work.
I've tried the 3.04 and 3.1.0 Gateway launcher, I doubted that the 3.0.4 would work because the exploit hadn't been released, Ive also tried both on 4.5 and 9.2 fw, The exploit just don't run on my O3DS period.

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried the 3.04 and 3.1.0 Gateway launcher, I doubted that the 3.0.4 would work because the exploit hadn't been released, Ive also tried both on 4.5 and 9.2 fw, The exploit just don't run on my O3DS period.

Wait. so the web based exploit doesn't either? Like no exploit works?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait. so the web based exploit doesn't either? Like no exploit works?
No, No, No, The web exploit works fine, I just out of the three current exploits would have liked to use the OoT exploit, but will stick with the ds-profile exploit on 4.5 due to not being around wifi much. And the OoT exploit for me atleast not working on the O3DS on 4.5-9.2 firmware and the proper launcher.dat... I just currently give up on it till some time in the future I guess.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country

If you use savedatafiler to convert your saves, there is no problem.

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a n3ds LL (JAP) and a sky3ds, do I still need an old 3ds to run the zelda Oot japanese rom to get the exploit and then use the gateway?

Or can I do it all on the n3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: