Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for this fix. your file worked for me where to stock gateway save was corrupted and deleted...

Riff89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no web exploit for consoles with no web browser (updated only by cart).

The only way you wouldn't have the browser functioning on your 3DS is if you're running a firmware older than 2.0. If you are, you can't run Gateway at all until you run a retail game cartridge with the 4.5 firmware built in. (You can look up on Google to find out which games have that, but one I know for sure is Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon)

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way you wouldn't have the browser functioning on your 3DS is if you're running a firmware older than 2.0. If you are, you can't run Gateway at all until you run a retail game cartridge with the 4.5 firmware built in. (You can look up on Google to find out which games have that, but one I know for sure is Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon)
Or, if your 3ds was originally on that or below and then updated by cart (e.g SSB, Pokemon, etc.). Then it would be on 7.x or 8.x - no browser, no MSET, no ninjhax. There are several 3ds with this issue that the OOT exploit would be great for, but it doesn't support the old 3ds yet.

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you Sir, the duowan worked fine with my 8.1J and a sky with the bahamut ROM. The other one would just make it say that an error occurred and the unit was going to restart.

Migoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a n3ds LL (JAP) and a sky3ds, do I still need an old 3ds to run the zelda Oot japanese rom to get the exploit and then use the gateway?

Or can I do it all on the n3ds?

you don't need the old 3dsxl all you do is put the launcher on the n3dsll sd transfer a copy of Oot to the sky3ds micro sd and restore the modded save to that copy then launch zelda load the save and press A at some point the exploit will kick and then you can insert the gateway card

just be prepared with a few extra micro sd cards because for some reason some of them don't work with sky3ds at all

CyKoDeLiC

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Same problem here:

EUR O3DS XL, sysNAND Ver. 8.0.0-18E
EmuNAND Ver. 9.5.0-23E
4GB SD card with Launcher.dat 3.1
EUR Zelda OoT cart, code on the back is AQEPX10222, I assume it is Rev.00 because there is no manual.

Save from Gateway Team: Game loads but freezes after pressing A. In-game music keeps playing.
1st EU GW OOT Save from OP: Corrupt, deleted on game start
2nd EU GW OOT Save from OP: Corrupt, deleted on game start

However, the browser exploit works.

Any tips?

Exactly the same here.

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think the OoT exploit works on the O3DS/O3DSXL, only on the New/NewXL.

The same here, it freezes, white screen. Whats wrong :D
No white screen here, just freezing. Yours might be a different issue. ¿Are you using a N3DS/N3DSXL? If so, do you have Launcher.dat ver. 3.1 on the root of the microSD on the console? If so, I'd try again after defragmenting (or even formatting) the SD card on a PC.

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends, has this been confirmed to be working 100% of the time? I am on new 3ds LL japanese version 8.1J My sky 3ds says it is arriving in the mail today. I have a toshiba 4gb sd card too, can i expect it to work for me if i do it properly? and then will i finally be able to play 3ds backups on my gateway?

Testo90

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think the OoT exploit works on the O3DS/O3DSXL, only on the New/NewXL.

No white screen here, just freezing. Yours might be a different issue. ¿Are you using a N3DS/N3DSXL? If so, do you have Launcher.dat ver. 3.1 on the root of the microSD on the console? If so, I'd try again after defragmenting (or even formatting) the SD card on a PC.

N3DS, and yes, got the newest launcher.dat on my internal sd...

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ended up using this for all 3 region New 3DSes. Glad that this works and now I don't have to carry around 6 different carts. What's great is I was able to put 6 total copies of OoT and 3 copies of Cubic Ninja all on the 4GB card provided by my US New 3DS XL.

HIMFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'm still just out of luck. This thread has less and less people answering questions. I have the red button SKY3DS. Has anyone else BESIDES @Doc-Zigg

Reactions: obs123194

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo