How to use unbranded flash cards!

I've seen a lot of people have this issue with their flashcards not working and mostly its because it's unbranded
They can't find the find firmware for the card and if you are having the same issue here's a guide for you!
I have seen two types of these flashcards a Red PCB and a Green PCB.

Green PCB

If you have a green PCB, you can't have any more storage than 2gb (which sucks) but if you just want a taste of homebrew it's perfect!
Anyways Here's the file you'll need.
Download the 7z (you'll need 7zip or any file extractor) and format the SD to fat32.
Take the files inside the folder into the root of your micro SD!
And boom you're off to the races! Put some games or apps and there you're done!
Red PCB
For the green PCB, you had to have a 2gb micro SD but the Red doesn't have that silly thing!
Here's the file you'll need this download either one (it's just one comes with emulators and moonshell)
Download the Rar file format your SD to fat32 (If it is over 32gb you need to use this app.)
Extract it to the root of your micro SD and again you're off to the races! Put games or apps or anything you want!

Well, that's all folks! Hope you have fun with your new flash card!

Last edited by SnomxIsKindaOK,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just want cheap R4 clones that run WOODR4, no timebombs in them, and support SDHC cards... And by cheap, I mean under $10 USD each. I don't want some shitty card that only runs YsMenu, because I can't stand that OS/Kernel thing.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just want cheap R4 clones that run WOODR4, no timebombs in them, and support SDHC cards... And by cheap, I mean under $10 USD each. I don't want some shitty card that only runs YsMenu, because I can't stand that OS/Kernel thing.
I am the exact same. I don't like the exact feel of the YsMenu UI, just doesn't vibe with me tbh.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get one of the hk or cn cards. They use WoodR4 and don't have time bombs in their firmware.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804657283505.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.