Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it anymore safe to use a dumped header then a shared header?

Well so far, Nintendo has done nothing about players using the same header online. So they may or may not ever do anyhting.
So to be safe, you can use your own game header so that only one of this header is online, no duplicates. Once you got it set up, you'll be a bit safer from bans in the future and wont have to start a save over to use a different header.
Though Nintendo may still detect something odd about Gateway users and injected headers. Just play it safe to be sure.

you can use any header "generally" without modification as long as its the same size or bigger than the game your using it on and matches in terms of card1 or card2, (hence my MGS works on most games as its card1 like 99% of games, and its a 4GB game.....the biggest size available atm)

but some games also act a bit once you factor in gateway rom patcher automatically adjusting the card size and card type.....the only left over variable that needs tweaking is the card manufacturer........as long as your using gateway rom patcher, the only thing you will ever need to do is try the different card manufacturers untill you get the right one

......people are over complicating this, its not hard

Oh that's new to me. I didn't know that the game size CAN be bigger and still work. It's no wonder the MGS header works for all, I've been wondering why.
So if I use a 4 GB game header of my own, it will automatically work for all games just like MGS huh.
I guess editing is only needed, if you don't have any 4 GB games, and only want to stick to dedicating one game for headers.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well so far, Nintendo has done nothing about players using the same header online. So they may or may not ever do anyhting.
So to be safe, you can use your own game header so that only one of this header is online, no duplicates. Once you got it set up, you'll be a bit safer from bans in the future and wont have to start a save over to use a different header.
Though Nintendo may still detect something odd about Gateway users and injected headers. Just play it safe to be sure.

Oh that's new to me. I didn't know that the game size CAN be bigger and still work. It's no wonder the MGS header works for all, I've been wondering why.
So if I use a 4 GB game header of my own, it will automatically work for all games just like MGS huh.
I guess editing is only needed, if you don't have any 4 GB games, and only want to stick to dedicating one game for headers.
yeah, but gateway rom patcher can automatically adjust the cart size and card type, the only thing you ever need to adjust manually would be the card manufacturer if you let it do the auto adjust, you can literally take the game from any cart at all, auto fix and then its just a matter of trying the different manufacturers until it works(manufacturer is the only bit of info that can't be derived from the rom itself so there no autofix on that)

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, but gateway rom patcher can automatically adjust the cart size and card type, the only thing you ever need to adjust manually would be the card manufacturer if you let it do the auto adjust, you can literally take the game from any cart at all, auto fix and then its just a matter of trying the different manufacturers until it works(manufacturer is the only bit of info that can't be derived from the rom itself so there no autofix on that)

Now I feel stupid for posting that thread earlier. I had no idea it was this easy!
I read from the OP that Gateway Rom Patcher auto fixes the header, but this didn't happen for me. When I was injecting my Luigi's Mansion (2 GB) into Super Street Fighter IV (2 GB), the game didn't work. Why didn't rom patcher auto adjust it for me? It's supposed to prompt me about it, but it didn't.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Now I feel stupid for posting that thread earlier. I had no idea it was this easy!
I read from the OP that Gateway Rom Patcher auto fixes the header, but this didn't happen for me. When I was injecting my Luigi's Mansion (2 GB) into Super Street Fighter IV (2 GB), the game didn't work. Why didn't rom patcher auto adjust it for me? It's supposed to prompt me about it, but it didn't.
not sure, when you pick import on the header, it should say something like "incorrect header details, would you like to auto fix?"......maybe you have a older version or something, or maybe you did adjust, but you didn't try the other manufacturers, i understand why people get confused this thread did end up quite a mess of conflicting info, as i was originally made before rom patcher was made with the auto fix feature

this thread explains it better
http://gbatemp.net/threads/scene-roms-online-tutorial-for-dummies.370589/

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Do I need to use a CARD-2 header with Pokemon? I put a CARD-1 and I was able to access Mystery Gift, but will other online features work too?

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why are there still so many questions? Everything is explained in the first few pages.

This post is really all you need. It explains the different values in hex. just download hxd or use the gateway patcher. Try different combinations and it'll work eventually. The only thing you need is one header from any game. I used a 1gb card 1 header for all my games. I edited it for 2/4gb card 1, pokemon y (card2), been using it without any problems.

Just troubleshoot. There is no harm if there's an error code. The error code only implies that you've picked the wrong code. For example, the smash code in the .nfo said i had to use C2F80290, but for my system I had to use 45F80090. I tried 3 different combinations (first the suggested header, then the 45F80290, and the third one was the right one).

Don't be scared to try it, if you explore the hex, you'll learn what it does before you're able to ask it on the forum. (I never did any hex edit before, but after reading the post i linked, i'm able to edit any header for any game. It took 5 minutes to understand what I was doing.)

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

I was kind of confused about this affirmation.
So, I'm using my own Pokemon X (CARD-2) header to play the leaked Fantasy Lyfe EUR (CARD-1) game in my US console. So far so good and I'm able to play co-op with other players normally.
I didn't progress much on this game because I'm waiting the US game so, in case an update is needed in the future, I'm sure I can download it.

My question is, in case a US game comes out and I use the same Pokemon X header, even so I won't be able to use the save I already have because it was created for a EUR game, right?
Or is there a possibility the save works because I'm using the same header?

Thanks for the answer, in advance.

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried the detailed explanation a few posts ago, but I would very much love it if that post could be added to the first post. Once we get another 50 posts to this thread the same question will be popping up again.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are there still so many questions? Everything is explained in the first few pages.

This post is really all you need. It explains the different values in hex. just download hxd or use the gateway patcher. Try different combinations and it'll work eventually. The only thing you need is one header from any game. I used a 1gb card 1 header for all my games. I edited it for 2/4gb card 1, pokemon y (card2), been using it without any problems.

Just troubleshoot. There is no harm if there's an error code. The error code only implies that you've picked the wrong code. For example, the smash code in the .nfo said i had to use C2F80290, but for my system I had to use 45F80090. I tried 3 different combinations (first the suggested header, then the 45F80290, and the third one was the right one).

Don't be scared to try it, if you explore the hex, you'll learn what it does before you're able to ask it on the forum. (I never did any hex edit before, but after reading the post i linked, i'm able to edit any header for any game. It took 5 minutes to understand what I was doing.)

So you're saying that Smash Bros requires a different header code than everything else? I mean Im able to patch just about any game and they work flawless. Do I really have to try something different to make Smash Work online?
And the code "45F80090" is the one that worked for you?
Shouldn't any F8 and 90 header work? Or do the Manufacturer and unknown numbers make a difference?

I was kind of confused about this affirmation.
So, I'm using my own Pokemon X (CARD-2) header to play the leaked Fantasy Lyfe EUR (CARD-1) game in my US console. So far so good and I'm able to play co-op with other players normally.
I didn't progress much on this game because I'm waiting the US game so, in case an update is needed in the future, I'm sure I can download it.

My question is, in case a US game comes out and I use the same Pokemon X header, even so I won't be able to use the save I already have because it was created for a EUR game, right?
Or is there a possibility the save works because I'm using the same header?

Thanks for the answer, in advance.

I'm sure the save won't work, even if it had the same header. Since the game code itself is different. It will treat it like a completely different game, the title ID is not the same between a US game and a EUR game.

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I made my pokemon x header (legit) into a 4gb card 1 header and threw it onto the kid Icarus scene release. Went online no problem. I didn't need to use a size specific one. I wonder if the same can be done with smash since that's a 2gb game.

Edit: also Matt, is that avatar from the youmu anime? Such a cop out ending.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ManMy next questo
So I made my pokemon x header (legit) into a 4gb card 1 header and threw it onto the kid Icarus scene release. Went online no problem. I didn't need to use a size specific one. I wonder if the same can be done with smash since that's a 2gb game.

Edit: also Matt, is that avatar from the youmu anime? Such a cop out ending.

Man, I was JUST about to come post about using 4 GB headers! Since gamesquest1 mentioned roms requiring headers of the same size or HIGHER, I thought to myself "Why not just edit ANY header from your own game, and make it 4 GB?"
So I dumped Mario Kart 7, dumped the header, edited the 2nd digits to be F0 (4 GB) using a hex editor. Then I simply used this one 4 GB header on all my online roms. Now I know exactly what header my games are using. If you let rom patcher auto fix the header, you will end up with games using a 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB headers. All completely different!
I want to be able to backup my saves WITH the exact header. So now I know what header goes with each save.
This is perfect because I never intended on getting rid of Mario Kart 7, it's one of my favorite online games. It's now my header and serves a great purpose to me.

You CAN make several headers, each with their own rom size. But then why not just use ONE single 4 GB header that works for all anyways?

If you own a 4 GB game and you backed up that header, it will instantly work for all games. Like Resident Evil Revelations. But wait FOREVER to dump that huge game, when you can dump a 1 GB game, and edit it to be a 4 GB game?

The main thread should be edited to say "use 4 GB headers, that's all you need to do."
But then I guess they just want it to be simple for noobs, and let rom patcher auto fix the headers and be done.

When Smash Bros is out, I'm going to use this 4 GB header on it, and I can bet a million bucks that it's going to work fine. Nothing special is needed to get it working. Just apply the header and done. My copy of Mario Kart 7 will now be associated with Smash Bros 3DS, using the same header.

My avatar is Akihito Kanbara, from Beyond The Boundary. Yep that ending :c

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
There is still the card2 factor that would need to be changed for card 2 games and some people reported that some games require the manufacturer I'd to be set to specific ones, for all intents and purposes, the header is made up of 2 parts, the code used for online/saves and the cart details part, you can mess about with the cart details bit to match your game, as long as you don't edit the unique part you can.play about with the cartID part as much as you like and your saves etc should be unaffected

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is still the card2 factor that would need to be changed for card 2 games and some people reported that some games require the manufacturer I'd to be set to specific ones, for all intents and purposes, the header is made up of 2 parts, the code used for online/saves and the cart details part, you can mess about with the cart details bit to match your game, as long as you don't edit the unique part you can.play about with the cartID part as much as you like and your saves etc should be unaffected

Oh I see what you mean. So basically there's no need to worry about using one single 4 GB header, and just let rom patcher fix everything for you. Having different rom sizes doesn't mean different saves is what you're saying, As long as the main ID is unedited. Welp, I've already created my 4 GB header and I'm going that route from now on.
How do I truly know if the headers are working, is it when the game boots up normally?

The default manufacturer is macronix (C2), and every game boots up. How will I know when I need to change the manfacturer? When the game doesn't boot up?

Also is it necessary to change the 02 part of the code?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Oh I see what you mean. So basically there's no need to worry about using one single 4 GB header, and just let rom patcher fix everything for you. Having different rom sizes doesn't mean different saves is what you're saying, As long as the main ID is unedited. Welp, I've already created my 4 GB header and I'm going that route from now on.
How do I truly know if the headers are working, is it when the game boots up normally?

The default manufacturer is macronix (C2), and every game boots up. How will I know when I need to change the manfacturer? When the game doesn't boot up?

Also is it necessary to change the 02 part of the code?
well idk, tbh gateway rom patcher has done everything automatically for me, but i'm pretty sure some people said online wouldn't work or it wouldn't boot until they changed the "manufacturer" part

basically, run it through GRP and if you have any issues try the other manufacturers

Kanden123

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Would anyone be so kind to reupload the Pilotwings EU header from filedrive.com to another filehoster like mediafire, MEGA, zippyshare etc.?

Filedrive doesn't work for me. I tried several browsers and the site itself seems really, really shady anyways.

I'm going to apply the header for Smash Bros. 3DS EU using an EU console. Can anyone confirm if online works when doing that? I have the update from the E-Shop.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone be so kind to reupload the Pilotwings EU header from filedrive.com to another filehoster like mediafire, MEGA, zippyshare etc.?

Filedrive doesn't work for me. I tried several browsers and the site itself seems really, really shady anyways.

If you're going to use a public header, you might as well use the Metal Gear Solid 4 header on the main post. It works with pretty much every game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: