Homebrew How to use HBL on 11.3 (A9LH+Luma)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
if i have the homebrew channel already whats the difference?

The app merely launches the payload without needing a game exploit. Even with the hbl cia you still need the gspwn exploit to successfully launch the homebrew channel/loader and that exploit was patched in 11.3. However one of the recent Luma hourly versions unpatched it so that gspwn works again.

Normally two exploits are required to run the homebrew menu, a game exploit which is used to run the hbl payload and gspwn which is used by the hbl payload to load the homebrew launcher. The cia merely removes the need for the initial game exploit.

Last edited by nl255,
Reactions: Shikkichu

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to do this but I have no files in my hblauncherloader folder but do have old-11-2-0-35.bin on the root of the sd card is thay the file I need to change?

Starmytes0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to confirm that this works. I installed arm9 + Luma today on my New 3DS XL and updated to 11.3 from 11.2, downloaded the homebrew payload 11.2.0-35U from the official homebrew website, changed the name for 11.3 instead of 11.2, and updated my Luma as the OP says and it works fine. :)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I get my boot animation to play again. I'm sure I just have a Luma setting wrong after it had me resave them. But my bootanimation no longer plays after doing this. By the way this worked perfectly, HBL works again!

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just updated too latest hourly build and it works. sometimes :/
Yeah I know ;w; It hangs on the yellow screen for me sometimes, but my o3ds does that regardless whether it was oothax prior to me installing a9lh, I think my 3ds is just unhappy I tend to play with so much random code

Can I do this while on 11.2?
Wat..? If you're on 11.2 simply download the 11.2 payload and run it..

how do I get my boot animation to play again. I'm sure I just have a Luma setting wrong after it had me resave them. But my bootanimation no longer plays after doing this. By the way this worked perfectly, HBL works again!
Youll have to redownload the bootanim a9lh fine, and reconfigure the paths xmx" I had the same thing happen, but nothing that can't be fixed easily

Reactions: MarioMasta64

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tryed it but it doens't work....Eur New 3DS XL 11.3 Sysnand A9LH+Luma. The 3ds stucks on a red screen on the bottom one

Last edited by Real.96,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know ;w; It hangs on the yellow screen for me sometimes, but my o3ds does that regardless whether it was oothax prior to me installing a9lh, I think my 3ds is just unhappy I tend to play with so much random code

Wat..? If you're on 11.2 simply download the 11.2 payload and run it..

Youll have to redownload the bootanim a9lh fine, and reconfigure the paths xmx" I had the same thing happen, but nothing that can't be fixed easily

Where is the path file that I edit? I'm not seeing it.

Edit: I understand where the path.txt file goes in the luma folder, and I set the directory path to /luma/boot.bin renaming the old payload with the working bootanimations from arm9loaderhax.bin to boot.bin and placed in in the luma folder. While having the
for this new luma payload to the root, from the luma menu I enable the custom path option, yet every time I start the 3DS over, the boot animation doesn't load. Homebrew Launcher still loads properly. What am I missing?

Last edited by duffmmann,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/rtvRsQvkkrY?feature=shared&t=32