Hacking [How-to] Upgrade your old3ds from 4.1-8.1 to 9.2.0-20

Domino101

Trophies
XP
Country
good day, I was wondering whats the latest stable version of sysupdater that supports O3ds? I want to update my 03ds 4.5 to 9.2 any help would be greatly appreciated

Lecapria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs.
  • Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.
  • Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise.
  • We do not condone piracy in any way.
  • Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DNUS doesn't download older firmware anymore (Nintendo removed them from their server).

To get older firmware: Google "[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)"

That site is down :(

anyone by chance got a PM they could send with the proper files?? :)

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That site is down :(

anyone by chance got a PM they could send with the proper files?? :)
Not sure what you meant that site is down. It's still alive and kicking. 3DS ISO popular, no way it dies so easily.

Edit: Typo. I mean the typo. I am too lazy to fix the typo.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you meant that site is down. It's still alive and kicking. 3DS ISO popular, no way it dies so easily.

Edit: Typo. I mean the typo. I am too lazy to fix the typo.

It was down earlier, looks like there is a chaos site now...thats where i found them anyway.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the update cia files with DEVMenu instead of SysUpdater.
I did unbrick it with a hard mod, so if anything goes wrong, as long as you have a NAND backup, you can unbrick it.

what did you want to do? why don't you use emunand? it does not need a hardmod to recover!

Last edited by naddel81,

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guide updated to use rxtools instead of pasta.

@Bortz or @Cyan can you change the title of this thread to "[How-to] Update your O3DS from 4.1-8.1 to 9.2.0-20" please?

You might want to add that for O3DS US users, NOT to grab the CIA pack for 9.2.0 from the iso site, it's not right. (I confirmed yesterday) The link to 9.2.0-20 on that site is NOT 9.2.0-20. (It is actually 9.0.0-20 and at least 6 of the CIA's from that package don't match CRC's they should) it is mentioned a few times in the thread. The link to O3DS US 9.2.0-20 on the other site that has a similar thread is really 9.2.0-20. (I confirmed with an update today)

VerseHell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, the 9.2U modified pack updates to 9.0 instead of 9.2, but not the full one. But being on 9.0 instead of 9.2 is not very a big deal.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
With the 9.2 update in the first post do i use the full or modified version?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You might want to add that for O3DS US users, NOT to grab the CIA pack for 9.2.0 from the iso site, it's not right. (I confirmed yesterday) The link to 9.2.0-20 on that site is NOT 9.2.0-20. (It is actually 9.0.0-20 and at least 6 of the CIA's from that package don't match CRC's they should) it is mentioned a few times in the thread. The link to O3DS US 9.2.0-20 on the other site that has a similar thread is really 9.2.0-20. (I confirmed with an update today)
Where can i find the 9.2 update for EUR please?

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the 9.2U modified pack updates to 9.0 instead of 9.2, but not the full one. But being on 9.0 instead of 9.2 is not very a big deal.

I can personally confirm that this is correct. I updated two days ago using the 9.2.0-20U(Full) pack from that iso site and my O3DS-XL is now on 9.2.0-20U. Great work, thanks for the guide. I am now able to cold boot into rxtools using menuhax.:yay:

Last edited by .44 Magnum,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf