Hacking [How-to] Upgrade your old3ds from 4.1-8.1 to 9.2.0-20

donsmithr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't think you understand can i downgrade o3ds xl using browserhax with firmware 11.0 to downgrade it to 9.2 with out hardmod it thx

Short answer no not free. Got to buy parts for a hardmod, pay someone for a hardmod, or buy a game from eshop on a exploitable 3ds. So nothing free.

Trophies
XP
Country
rxTools isn't recommended anymore, you shouldn't use it. the guide I linked to is for getting into Decrypt9, the next steps are for a9lh, a much better hack.
i heard someone say they bricked there 3ds while using a9lh and im so used to using rx tools already. if i install fbi through rxtools then install sysupdater will i still be able to update to 9.2 just fine?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i heard someone say they bricked there 3ds while using a9lh and im so used to using rx tools already. if i install fbi through rxtools then install sysupdater will i still be able to update to 9.2 just fine?
that was probably a while ago. the new guide has a very low chance of bricking, so please check it out again. either way, don't use rxtools, even if you just want to update to 9.2, it's very outdated.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may i ask, whats wrong with rx tools?
rxTools is no longer actively developed. a future update from Nintendo can and will stop it from working (i.e. emunand will not boot anymore). nobody recommends you use it anymore, for any purpose.

setting up a9lh today is arguably easier now than trying to update to 9.2, set up emunand and menuhax. and there's little chance that you'll actually brick, too.

also see:

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok but if rx tools works on 9.2 shouldnt i just use that? i only want 9.2 so i can play newer game that need that firmware with out losing all my stuff
if you don't already have rxtools set it up, don't set it up, it's a waste of time. I would highly recommend you go with the new a9lh guide on your firmware (7.2.0-17E) instead of trying to update to 9.2. it's easier and better in the long run if you do that, and you won't have to switch again when Nintendo releases an update that breaks rxtools.

Trophies
XP
Country
the reason i want 9.2 is because i want to play games that use amiibo like smash bros or mario and luigi paper jam. these games dont work on 7.2 because amiibo didnt exist yet.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason i want 9.2 is because i want to play games that use amiibo like smash bros or mario and luigi paper jam. these games dont work on 7.2 because amiibo didnt exist yet.
the thing is, when you follow Plailect's guide, you would get arm9loaderhax and would be able to use the latest version safely. you don't need to update your sysnand to 9.2 first.

you just need to start on the page I linked to and follow it to the end, and you'll get a much better custom firmware (Luma3DS), and play games on the latest version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg