Hacking [How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
set static IP, gateway and use Google's DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, reboot your router, reboot your 3DS, run NTR, press X & Y and run debugger, turn off Windows firewall temporarily then run as admin the Window debugger, it shoud work that way ;)
I had same issue on 2 N3DS with two different routers until I did that.

Still the same message

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally was able to complete my system transfer - very excited. Only news that would make this perfect was a way to do this on the emunand :lol:

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A cia generated by FunkyCIA doesn't contain any references to my 3DS or my NNID that Nintendo could track if the personal flag isn't used, right?
No, but they could track someone down if they were stupid enough to make posts on a public forum that indicated they were about to pirate and supply hundreds of thousands of people with illicit copies their game.

But so long as that person doesn't use the same username on Instagram or Facebook where they post content that showed what they looked like or where they lived.

Thankfully though, said person can't actually create a .cia from a Xenoblade download (due to the new encryption I believe).

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Thankfully though, said person can't actually create a .cia from a Xenoblade download (due to the new encryption I believe).

we were just joking, this forum is non piracy!

and FunkyCIA does not need to decrypt anything so any CIA can be made. even if it is for the future unhackable fw 12.0, we can still make CIAs with those games, just not play them unless on the right fw. :)

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of getting this to work for an O3DS on 8.1? Trying to help somebody out but their 3DS is just a little shy of the ideal FW.

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to selectively upgrade to specific versions now? Cuz as far as I know there are only like 2 games in existence with 9.2 on them, and one of them is EU only.

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have Gateway, but they don't. So I could create a linked emuNAND for them, but they wouldn't have access to it later.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have Gateway, but they don't. So I could create a linked emuNAND for them, but they wouldn't have access to it later.

I didn't say anything about emunand, I am saying you can update system nand to whatever version you want; in this case 9.2. Once you get it working you can then downgrade via your nand.bin file back to 8.1

What you ultimately would do is have fbi as a .3ds on the red card and boot to gateway mode with no emunand and install the cia files to emunand. If you're new to this I wouldn't recommend doing this without a hard mod or know that if something were to fail you will need a hard mod.

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So booting to Gateway mode and running FBI without emuNAND would cause update .CIAs to install straight to sysNAND? I've been searching around but haven't found much precedent for something like this, are there any threads on this? That way I can post there rather than populate this thread with more offtopic stuff.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So booting to Gateway mode and running FBI without emuNAND would cause update .CIAs to install straight to sysNAND? I've been searching around but haven't found much precedent for something like this, are there any threads on this? That way I can post there rather than populate this thread with more offtopic stuff.

why would they not install? gw will patch stuff to let you install most cias, and fbi will let you install them, but you could use any other program to install them.
if you make your question needlessly specific then yes, there will not be much 'precedent'.
but the fact you are in sysnand, and using fbi, changes nothing :)

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, as for precedent, I found a post by Apache Thunder on *that* forum in which he successfully updated a sysNAND to 9.2, but it wasn't as straightforward as just installing .CIAs, which bricked him initially. It involved injecting firm0/firm1.bins from a working 9.2 using rxTools and flashing the modified emuNAND to sysNAND. I'll try PMing him later and see if he wouldn't mind posting a little guide about his success.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7