[HOW-TO] Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by iAqua, Oct 30, 2016.

?

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

1. Yes, it worked perfectly.

166 vote(s)
    68.3%
  2. Yes, but with some hiccups.

30 vote(s)
    12.3%
  3. No, and I bricked.

33 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

14 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Awesome, where do I get them though?

2. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ GBATemp Fan

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    Wii U SDK

3. punderino

punderino aka Big-Dick Swinger

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Recompiling from the SDK. They can brick you and aren't retail friendly. Gl

4. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Alright I'll see what I can do. Everything else went fine so I pretty much only need this now.

5. punderino

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Define "needing" it? I've repacked every SDK app already and have it uploaded. Half of them don't work and cause the system to immediately crash. Other ones attach to the system and fuck up the OS like the first builds of System Config Tool did.

6. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    to have it really, I basically just do projects and this is the last thing I wanted to get going.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have system config tool added and I have the sdks downloaded I just want to make sure I know where to put them and install them right.

7. punderino

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Most of them don't run, and most of them don't make any effect on retail system. Trust me. I ran them all before sig patches were public lmao

8. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Okay, the reason I was wanting one was for the account manager on system config it says I need one of the files so I wanted to at least do that one but if it doesn't do anything then I'll take your word for it.

9. punderino

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Account Manager only lets you delete it, and it's not for NNIDs, it's for NDIDs, which are dev NNIDs.

10. PlayerOfChoice

PlayerOfChoice Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2016
    United States
    So the cold boot hax thingy, when ever I try to get out of a app it gets stuck on this WII U MENU loading thing

11. Constantinos

Constantinos Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2016
    Cyprus
    When I installed it it said that I cannot move the game. Does it mean I cannot move it on the homescreen or move it to a USB?

12. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    If you're talking about CBHC then it's talking about moving to USB. There was a rumor that moving it into a folder on the homescreen would cause a brick but that's bullshit. Moving it on the homescreen only affects where it appears on the homescreen. It doesn't change where it's located on the NAND which is all that matters when the Wii U launches the default title ID.

coldboothax/CBHC:
    move to USB = Brick
    delete Haxchi title = Brick
    format sysNAND = Brick

13. TLOZmaster

TLOZmaster GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    Hyrule
    Okay, I need some help. I've been out of the scene for a while (since before IOSU) and I need some help. I reformatted my SD card and am currently trying to get into the homebrew launcher from loadine.ovh, and I keep getting hit with a elf file empty error. I've tried reinstalling it and reformatting but it doesn't help. When I try to run it on homebrew version 1.3, I get an empty elf file error.

Last edited by TLOZmaster, Dec 28, 2016
  14. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    I don't know what that error means. Do have the Homebrew Launcher .elf file on the SD card in the correct folder? Also make sure you are on system version 5.5.1. Otherwise I dunno.

Here's the .zip you should extract to the root of a FAT32 formatted SD card. Use the default option on loadiine.ovh (Homebrew Launcher 1.4):

https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases/download/1.4/homebrew_launcher.v1.4.zip

If that doesn't get you joy then I would ask your question in the Homebrew Launcher thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-launcher-for-wiiu.416905/

Edit: Might as well throw the HB appstore on there too (extract to the "wiiu" folder on the SD card):

https://github.com/vgmoose/hbas/releases/download/1.5/appstore15.zip

Last edited by DocAmes1980, Dec 28, 2016
  15. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time
    BOOM! Happy New Years! Welcome to Wii U 3.0 (1.0 Loadliine, 2.0 Brazilian, 3.0 CBHC).

Question, is it safe to delete the cbhc and haxchi folders from the root of the SD and the cbhc, haxchi and mocha folders from the wiiu/apps folder?

16. x65943

x65943 Hobby Artist

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Yes, but why would you want to?

17. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time
    Because I'm anal and I like to remove things that are not necessary. Thanks for the reply.

x65943 likes this.
  18. Platinum Lucario

Platinum Lucario GBAtemp Fan

May 17, 2014
    I tried to follow all the instructions. I was able to change the icon, the text and the TV splash screen when using Haxchi. But when I tried injecting the rom.zip, it didn't work at all. There was no error, but when I tried to start Brain Training (the one I tried to patch over), it still played as Brain Training, like as if the file had never changed at all when installing Haxchi.

I just wonder what I'm missing? I've got the config.txt with all the files needed, as well as the title.txt.

My Wii U firmware is: 5.5.1-E
    Haxchi version is: 2.5u1
    Homebrew Launcher version is: 1.4

Edit: Don't worry about it, I figured it out. It's because I was using the title, so I had to uninstall it and reinstall it. I had no idea how the exploit worked, now I know it works through "preparing to launch title" upon first use. ^^'

Last edited by Platinum Lucario, Jan 3, 2017
  19. zona

zona Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2014
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    1. Made redNAND, all OK
    2. installed Haxchi and Coldboot probelm with USB
    in system menu USB hdd works OK all games are present
    in redNAND the usb is not recognised, message appears that usb needs to be conencted or disconnected while the console is powered off and redNAND reboots in loop (press A it boots to redndnsand the message, press A ... )

before haxchi redNAND was OK usb was present

please help, what should I do, should I ( can I ) reformat SD and start all over again

Last edited by zona, Jan 3, 2017
  20. gatorman420

gatorman420 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States
    Hello every one , Been reading on this site for awhile now. I have done done other modding to original xbox's using mod chips and softmod's using my PC motherboard hard drive hot swap trick, have modded Wii's using the BatHax and that online code thing that replaced it. I have modded the vwii on my old Wii u that I had to sell awile back, My current wiiu is Vanilla, have been using loadliine -- but thats still vanilla.

I'm going to try and not ask the same questions every one has asked a million times, I have done my research on this site for the last year and been waiting for a method that seems safe "enough". Now seem like a good time to jump in.

The one thing I seem to be missing is how do I put loadiine format games on USB if USB is not FAT32 capable yet ? or any games for that matter