How to run gamecube and wii games on vwii with wii u formatted drive

Elfhuo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have currently been dumping all my Wii u games and about to do my ENTIRE Wii library do I have to do anything when i dump my wii and gcn games?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you wont be able to run every wii/gc game from a wiiu formatted drive.

to run games from wii/gc from wii formated drive you need to make wiivc injects for each game and install them on wiiu menu, wiiu menu has a limit of 300 titles

Elfhuo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you wont be able to run every wii/gc game from a wiiu formatted drive.

to run games from wii/gc from wii formated drive you need to make wiivc injects for each game and install them on wiiu menu, wiiu menu has a limit of 300 titles
its just my personal collection

Englaterra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question regarding this, I'm using teconmoon to create injects, have had success installing a few so far

As I'm planning to mass convert a few, would renaming the output folder on my pc end affect it when moving the folders onto the SD to then install (via nusspli) onto the formatted external SSD?

Basically, when I've got a bunch of inject folders, I don't know entirely how to differentiate them as the output folders have random names - safe to rename these to match the title? Thanks 👍

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Quick question regarding this, I'm using teconmoon to create injects, have had success installing a few so far

As I'm planning to mass convert a few, would renaming the output folder on my pc end affect it when moving the folders onto the SD to then install (via nusspli) onto the formatted external SSD?

Basically, when I've got a bunch of inject folders, I don't know entirely how to differentiate them as the output folders have random names - safe to rename these to match the title? Thanks 👍
Yes, the folder name doesn't matter.

Reactions: mikefor20

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's take the Mythbusters approach, if it won't work, what will? What's the best method for large enough storage to fit the whole catalog?

I would rather buy a storage device that is large enough for the whole ROM set. I may never collect them all but the price for a few TB HDD is cheap. Someday those ROMS will be public domain,then if you want the collection you'll have to hunt down a compatable large HDD 20 years from now!

The 300 title limit defeats the inject method anyway. Between my disc backups and ROM hacked ISOs I made from them I'll hit 300. I have at least 30 rom hacked ISOs alone of SMB/MK/SSB easy. Wii games are $1-2 bucks and the kids love shovelware shit. I pick them up all the time.

So, if you want it all, a 5TB WD P10 will hold all Wii/VC/GC games, all the retro roms and hombrew. Formatted using a tut here on the temp the Wii and vWii see it fine.

Get a powered hub. I used one for years on Wii and Switch. Or some other drive with external power. Had a WD MyBook 1TB USB 2.0 i used for ages on Wii.

Y cables need an extra USB port and since we can't store complete collections on 1 device,what is the best storage solution for all of the WiiU roms?. It's 2TB for the collection. ..

Should we just get another Powered USB drive? A seperate powered hub? Will a SSD/enclosure with low power consumption work? M2? What will work off of the second USB port alone?

Would a flash drive work? I used one with no issues. Not long term though. Heard horror stories about shit power supplies and failing devices.

SD adapters? (worked for me before but can't get a 2TB SD,I want no swapping)

Will a WIFI enabled SD? (Once again i used on Wii.. worked fine.)

Can we SMB WiiU games?

What will work as a set and forget, everything is there setup?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

You can rename them just fine, same thing when you rip a Wii U game disc via disc2app, however I recommend using short names and it’s important to avoid the use of any symbols like a dash or an exclamation mark as they can miss up your installation, had trouble converting Sonic & Sega All-stars Racing because of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/zRP4O4N7FPU?si=onaJGFGw9vP1XCSQ