Hacking How to Remove Parental Code 3DS 7x - 10Digits?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If you're getting that error, send me your system version, region, and enquiry number and I'll look in to it.
Thanks very much for developing this. - Even i don't need that, this solves much problem of some second hand buyers.
And, i do wonder where the algorithm is in, is that MSET? And how did you figure that out? That must be quite some RE work.

Reactions: leerz

leerz

OP
Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
If you're getting that error, send me your system version, region, and enquiry number and I'll look in to it.
Thank you, right now I don't have another 3ds j to test, (maybe i will retry on my us with converted secureinfo., anyway thanks for taking the time.

the exact Version of this 3ds is Ver. 8.1.0-6 J
inquiry number is: 01229 47725
3ds system date is 9/28 if that's reqd

screens
5ov1wg.jpg

snj41t.jpg

Last edited by leerz,

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
Thank you, right now I don't have another 3ds j to test, (maybe i will retry on my us with converted secureinfo., anyway thanks for taking the time.

the exact Version of this 3ds is Ver. 8.1.0-6 J
inquiry number is: 01229 47725
3ds system date is 9/28 if that's reqd

I just pushed a fix for an issue causing a bad key to be generated in some cases (your issue, so try again).

Note that this is different to the "missing data" error, if people are receiving that error, shoot me enquiry number, system version and region.

Last edited by Dazzozo,
D

Deleted-19228

I just tested on a 8.1.0j 3ds and the 3ds did not accept the masterkey
I think it might work for 7x,

I guess there are different versions of the Parental Controls reset page and the way each version needs to be deciphered will also be different.

the documentation only shows up to 7.2x
there may more undocumented versions of it.

It works on 7.2x+. That's when the new key was used. Same key since 7.2x

leerz

OP
Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
I just pushed a fix for an issue causing a bad key to be generated in some cases (your issue, so try again).

Note that this is different to the "missing data" error, if people are receiving that error, shoot me enquiry number, system version and region.
Thanks so much for helping!
mkey is now working on my o3ds 8x j ! I think plenty will benefit from this. :)
35akrc0.jpg

I'd get you a beer if you're nearby.
your mkey2 RE-work is awesome!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It works on 7.2x+. That's when the new key was used. Same key since 7.2x
true, i just realized that earlier when i tested on a newer fw (10 u) and other members testing on their eur units.
plus! Dazzazo just updated the page., thank you again for your help earlier!

Last edited by leerz,

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
https://mkey.salthax.org/ (by Dazzozo) can handle basically all regions and system versions including 7.x+, for anyone who needs a good resource for this in the future.
(+@Dazzozo) This is a genuine blessing. I keep getting asked about the parental controls and I'm like "dude no, deal with it, there's no solution" until today.

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
thank you Dazzozo for your work , but i still get the same error
well i have 3dsxl version 9.2.0-18E
21584 39908

This key is now generating correctly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would there happen to be an offline version that could be saved locally, just in case this goes offline?

Eventually, yes, but it won't be pretty... it requires a lot of data that is quite difficult to obtain for an outsider.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a Nintendo site that charges you $0.50 for the master unlock code. I have used it on several 3ds's i bought on eBay that had parental codes people forgot. all you do is type in your 10 digit code it give you as an error, and viola! it generates your master code after you pay.

leerz

OP
Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
There's a Nintendo site that charges you $0.50 for the master unlock code. I have used it on several 3ds's i bought on eBay that had parental codes people forgot. all you do is type in your 10 digit code it give you as an error, and viola! it generates your master code after you pay.

True, but doesn't work as simply as this. https://mkey.salthax.org/
getting it from nintendo
1. you have to queue on the support
2. if you are in a country which they don't support they your are SOL
3. if you have a jap 3ds, and you can't speak japanese, then your SOL again
4. emailing them takes forever.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but doesn't work as simply as this. https://mkey.salthax.org/
getting it from nintendo
1. you have to queue on the support
2. if you are in a country which they don't support they your are SOL
3. if you have a jap 3ds, and you can't speak japanese, then your SOL again
4. emailing them takes forever.
the one i used never had a need to queue any sort of support. all i had to do was type in 3ds parental control unlock and click the second google link. I've used this method several times and get the emailed code within 5 minutes of payment. but it's nice to know that there is a free version that i never knew about.

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
I just implemented preliminary support for 7.0->7.1 keys, they're using a slightly earlier version of the current algorithm. This is currently only available for EUR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o