Gaming How to reboot a laptop

MarioBrotha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If she has XP SP1 (I think) you can push F8 (i think) and open in safe mode. While in safe mode, on the login screen, you will see an account with no password called Administrator.

jaywilson

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nes-media.com
XP
Country
Mario bro said:
If she has XP SP1 (I think) you can push F8 (i think) and open in safe mode. While in safe mode, on the login screen, you will see an account with no password called Administrator.

that was somewhat helpful, i did the f8 thing and started in safe mode, but when it came to the log in part it was the same as before, input user name and password

(sorry for double post)

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Golfman560 said:
Safe-mode boot as administrator and then just remove the passwords. If that doesn't work there are other methods but they're either 1) Cost money or 2)Break Microsoft's copyright=illegal.

Installing Linux is neither illegal nor costs money. But I guess he doesn't want Linux... TC, you're probably better off installing Windows from scratch. Besides, I'm sure you'll want a clean drive, without all the stuff your stepmother had in it.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not much use if you don't have a burner but if you can get access to one to burn an iso then use HIRENS boot disk and use Active Password Changer to remove the SAM password files
smile.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hiren's boot CD? Easy way of resetting the paswords. Really oldschool of course would be to crack the sam file
tongue.gif
. Anyway resetting the passwords can be done with loads of tools
smile.gif

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a pirated XP version, just find a way to get a hold of another pirated XP version and re-install windows. you'll want to start fresh, like other people were saying, anyway.

i'm sure you have friends. use them. as in, their burners. or buy one if you have a desktop. newegg sells good burners for 20 bucks.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scorpei said:
Hiren's boot CD? Easy way of resetting the paswords. Really oldschool of course would be to crack the sam file
tongue.gif
. Anyway resetting the passwords can be done with loads of tools
smile.gif

WORKS FOR ME!

boot HIREN'S using BOOT CD first in bios settings load Active Password Changer in the settings of HIREN'S get it to scan the drive and choose to delete the SAM file when it finds it do that for each acct on that machine...and that's it lol takes about 5-10 minutes max
nyanya.gif

I just find HIREN'S the easiest way ... that and I carry it in my disk bag mainly for that soul purpose lol
wink.gif

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
There is also another trick to change the password with Windows XP:
-Insert a Windows XP Pro CD into the laptop and start it
-Choose to recover your Windows installation (you go on with the installation and it will say that there is already Windows XP installed, than you choose to recover it)
-After the reboot you have to press Shift+F10 as soon as it says that is installing the peripheral drivers
-Command Prompt!
-Write usrmgr.cpl and press enter
-Account Manager!
-Change Password
-Finish the reinstallation and login
tongue.gif

-??????????
-PROFIT!

wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat