Tutorial  Updated

How to install Retrix (Retroarch/Libretro port) for Xbox One

Prerequisite - Requires Dev mode to be activated so you can sideloadd apps. If you don't already have it you can find more information here. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-activate-dev-mode-your-xbox-one-console

libretro_logo.jpg

Retrix(LibretroRT) is a massive project aimed at porting all libretro cores to UWP. It currently supports Nes,Snes,Sega Master System,Sega Game gear, Sega CD, sg 1000, Playstation, Gameboy, Gameboy advance, and many more to be ported soon. This guide will cover installing Retrix for your xbox one console.

[1.] Download ProjectPgeasus (If you already have ProjectPegasus this step doesn't apply)
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/raw/master/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

[2.] Once Installed just open it up and select RetriX. Now just wait for it to download. All you have to do now is Sideload Retrix on to your Xbox One (If you don't know how, follow the full guide here https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/blob/master/binaries/Installing APPX Packages.pdf )

[3.] Enjoy! :yayone:

TEcaQY6.png

Retrix brings with it support for local 2 player something we have not had until now. It also opens the floodgates to every single emulator that is currently inside the scope of the libretro project. You can see a full list here https://github.com/libretro

I had been sitting on releasing Retrix for quite a bit now but it has finally reached a point where it is stable enough for release. Credit goes to Albertofustonini for creating and maintaining the Retrix Project. Credit also goes to @kingtut for advocating for a Libretro/Retroarch port for Xbox One. You can follow current development on the official github page https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT

Last edited by wiired24,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah if the "developer" for WinPSe10 at least had the decency to fix the audio issues, and save states it wouldn't be so bad. But yeah it's pretty bad. The PS1 Core for RetriX will improve in time. I suspect the same issue that is causing cores to have run-time errors on Xbox One is also slowing down the PS1 Emulator. Because on PC the RetriX PS1 Core runs just fine. When Alberto fixes this runtime bug it will quite literally fix everything
I guess there's no way to get the source of those WinPSe10 Dev's? surely they can see it's in the best interest of the scene to share and they cant be making that much off of charging for it... They'd probably get more from donations if they Released the source.. HINT.. HINT.. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it ever happens lol
I believe it will happen.. It always does, it's just being lucky enough to be on the correct Firmware :P

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess there's no way to get the source of those WinPSe10 Dev's? surely they can see it's in the best interest of the scene to share and they cant be making that much off of charging for it... They'd probably get more from donations if they Released the source.. HINT.. HINT.. ;)

I believe it will happen.. It always does, it's just being lucky enough to be on the correct Firmware :P

They don't care about "Best interest of the scene" the only people they care about is themselves and trying to make a quick buck off of other peoples work

It's been my personal mission to make sure xb1emu doesn't destroy this scene before it even gets started. Because if it was up to them everything would be behind a paywall and you'd have to throw over money for any piece of homebrew on xbox one that you wanted

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They don't care about "Best interest of the scene" the only people they care about is themselves and trying to make a quick buck off of other peoples work
I guess that's true. But I still think they could get more funds from donations (maybe) if they allowed others to build off their work. Hell start a Patreon ala Citra lol

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that's true. But I still think they could get more funds from donations (maybe) if they allowed others to build off their work. Hell start a Patreon ala Citra lol

Except they won't. They're probably afraid if someone got the source code than people would release "Their" homebrew emulators for free. Then they wouldn't make money

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Except they won't. They're probably afraid if someone got the source code than people would release "Their" homebrew emulators for free. Then they wouldn't make money
It's just a damn shame they're so set on crippling what little "scene" we have so far just for a few bucks..

Reactions: wiired24

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I'm still very much looking forward to an Xbox exploit.. The Emulators in Dev Mode are ok for the moment but what about the more meaty Emulators? they wont run very well on a gimped Xbox, we're going to need the rest of the CPU/GPU and RAM eventually. :/

Even if one is released, I don't see much of a point in bothering with it as long as the system is still supported and getting new games. It will surely be patched right away and you will have to stay offline to keep it from breaking. New games after a short bit will also not run because your firmware will be outdated.

Having the limits of UWP does suck, but at least some stuff can be ran. Plus it is a method authorized by Microsoft themselves, so you aren't playing any avoid updates or stay offline cat and mouse games. Your console still functions perfectly fine while being able to run some homebrew on the side.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if one is released, I don't see much of a point in bothering with it as long as the system is still supported and getting new games. It will surely be patched right away and you will have to stay offline to keep it from breaking. New games after a short bit will also not run because your firmware will be outdated.

Having the limits of UWP does suck, but at least some stuff can be ran. Plus it is a method authorized by Microsoft themselves, so you aren't playing any avoid updates or stay offline cat and mouse games. Your console still functions perfectly fine while being able to run some homebrew on the side.

That right there is why I really believe Dev Mode is and would be better than an exploit honestly. Remember the 360 days?

If anything right now an exploit just wouldn't make any sense. 3 or 4 years from now... Sure that'd be great

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It being patched straight away depends on the flaw i suppose and staying offline is par for the course when it comes to hacked consoles (360/PS3) and hacked Consoles usually means hacked Firmware (to play newer games)

I will say though I'm more than happy for the Xbox One to never be hacked but only if there was no hardware limit in the Dev Mode sandbox.

Last edited by ploggy,

jirkawaggon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Oh I'm still very much looking forward to an Xbox exploit.. The Emulators in Dev Mode are ok for the moment but what about the more meaty Emulators? they wont run very well on a gimped Xbox, we're going to need the rest of the CPU/GPU and RAM eventually. :/

Rest power of Xbox ONE get only in ID@Xbox programme or somebody who have access to Xbox ONE SDK kit

baha1453

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess Retrix is far away from the emulators even in the xb1emu.com
I am not in favor of them or any other paid versions, but Retrix should be more powerful to attract more attention.
Hundreds of people download Retrix everyday, run it and experience the crashes.
It is not helpful for the future developments.
I suggest fewer but working emulators within Retrix..

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not arguing that stability isn't important, but the project is only a little over one month old at this point. Plus he was developing for a console he didn't even have until just now. Give it some time before writing things off or going "get more stable."

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not arguing that stability isn't important, but the project is only a little over one month old at this point. Plus he was developing for a console he didn't even have until just now. Give it some time before writing things off or going "get more stable."

As a developer myself I understand exactly where you're coming from. Sad thing is not everyone does. People think just because you can write code that your a mystical wizard and you can magically get things done which in reality take a good bit of time. And also he's only one guy. It's not like he has a team working with him. He has a family and a life outside of RetriX

Last edited by wiired24,

baha1453

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the way, I dont own any of that xb1emu.com apps.
Anybody tried them wanna kindly share with me via personal message?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol