Tutorial  Updated

How to install Retrix (Retroarch/Libretro port) for Xbox One

Prerequisite - Requires Dev mode to be activated so you can sideloadd apps. If you don't already have it you can find more information here. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-activate-dev-mode-your-xbox-one-console

libretro_logo.jpg

Retrix(LibretroRT) is a massive project aimed at porting all libretro cores to UWP. It currently supports Nes,Snes,Sega Master System,Sega Game gear, Sega CD, sg 1000, Playstation, Gameboy, Gameboy advance, and many more to be ported soon. This guide will cover installing Retrix for your xbox one console.

[1.] Download ProjectPgeasus (If you already have ProjectPegasus this step doesn't apply)
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/raw/master/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

[2.] Once Installed just open it up and select RetriX. Now just wait for it to download. All you have to do now is Sideload Retrix on to your Xbox One (If you don't know how, follow the full guide here https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/blob/master/binaries/Installing APPX Packages.pdf )

[3.] Enjoy! :yayone:

TEcaQY6.png

Retrix brings with it support for local 2 player something we have not had until now. It also opens the floodgates to every single emulator that is currently inside the scope of the libretro project. You can see a full list here https://github.com/libretro

I had been sitting on releasing Retrix for quite a bit now but it has finally reached a point where it is stable enough for release. Credit goes to Albertofustonini for creating and maintaining the Retrix Project. Credit also goes to @kingtut for advocating for a Libretro/Retroarch port for Xbox One. You can follow current development on the official github page https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT

Last edited by wiired24,

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things will improve over time as more people try their hand at XB1 homebrew and the people here now learn more. Every new system that has homebrew has to start somewhere and build from there.

The environment the system provides is more limited than if there was a full exploit to open the system, however it is a legit method provided by Microsoft. After dealing with the PS3 and Wii U scenes, having homebrew that keeps working without playing cat and mouse with updates, while still letting people play new games and go online is welcome. Mame driving you crazy is just a temporary setback. :P

Edit: Very temporary setback from looking at the message posted just before mine.

Not anymore :) See my latest post

jirkawaggon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
What do you think if I make new (promo) video about Retrix? (for Youtube). And I generate youtube tags, because it is extremly important for take attention of gamers.
But somebody must make voice for this video, because my english pronunciation, because I am not from english speaking country. Of course I will make script too.

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have already got videos of retrix up on my channel and one video alone has 500+ views, it might not be professional but its got some attention

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ploggy does mame support consoles now or is it just arcade stuff i know mess was added but im not familiar with sed emulators and im not sure by looking at the list of systems why stuff like nes sega genesis etc are red does that mean anything?

also if it does work do i need specific roms or can i use mine

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT! you got it working? god for you, I know you put alot of hours into it :) Does it work (please say yes) lol

Well I compiled MAME for UWP that was step 1. Now I have to actually build the UWP Project inside of Visual Studio (The Longest Part literally been compiling for hours lol)

OgmGrB1.jpg

Once that's done I can test on Xbox One

I'll be posting a video later :)

@jirkawaggon I Hope your Happy Mate

EDIT: @dominater01 The full version of MAME supports thousands of systems both consoles and Arcade. I'm currently building the full version. I believe you need specific roms for mame tbh

Last edited by wiired24,
Reactions: wakabayashy

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your pretty much gonna buy him an xbox one with all that money i just hope he buys one soon because the xbox one NEEDS this

lol, I can't take all the credit there have been several others as well who have donated other than me. And Yeah Dreamcast would be Awesome. :)

I cant wait til he does get an Xbox One so stability problems will be resolved

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if he couldnt get psx, n64 or saturn support why would dreamcast be any different?

For One he is still working on Saturn,PS1,N64 it's not that he "couldn't get them". I mean he just added Saturn Support a few days ago and already it has been seeing steady progress. This stuff takes time @dominater01. Have some faith in him

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just thought since its not under branches and because he sed he was having problems meant he couldnt get it to work

im not hating on the guy he is doing great work but this whole crashing bug is making it very lame because right now it only works on pc and its hard to get excited when we know its not going to work for xbox one users

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just thought since its not under branches and because he sed he was having problems meant he couldnt get it to work

im not hating on the guy he is doing great work but this whole crashing bug is making it very lame because right now it only works on pc and its hard to get excited when we know its not going to work for xbox one users

Which is why I'm going out of my way to help market the fundraiser for Retrix as well as raise funds to donate myself. He needs an Xbox One so RetriX is rid of the crashing bug. We all want that and it's necessary for RetriX to become usable on Xbox One

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described