Tutorial  Updated

How to install BrowserHax (SliderHax)

Browserhax is a little tricky to do, do it exactly in the order of the instructions below.
Note: This has been patched in 10.2.0-28 and is for the old 3DS's/2DS!

Download The Homebrew Launcher Starter Pack from Smea's website and extract it to the root of your 3DS's SD card if you haven't already.
Note: The 3ds folder is the folder where all of your homebrew will be stored.
Once it's all copied, put the SD card back into your 3DS and turn it on.

3DS Instructions!
1. First open your browser, go to settings and reset all user data on it.
2. Then when it goes back to the home menu, turn off the wireless (2DS's will need to go in the quick settings menu).
3. Open the camera up by pressing L+R and click the QR code icon, and scan the QR code below.

4. It will open up the browser and then just set all your first time settings. Then it should have an error that the wireless is off, so tap ok/whatever and press the home button afterwards.
5. When you're at the home screen, turn on the wireless again and wait until in the top left corner where it says connected.
Click the browser icon and the sliderhax page should load automatically.
Zoom in as much as you can and scroll to the top left.
Tap either side of the slider and don't press ANYTHING, The bottom screen should flash random colours.
Eventually the homebrew launcher should appear.

If it does, congratulations! Now unfortunately you will have to do this every time so you should install themehax afterwards.

Please let me know if I've made any mistakes. :)

Last edited by Kippykip,
Reactions: vinipeix

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not actually sure what the lowest supported version is, but you gotta have an internet connection set before you do all this and then you use the switch on the right side afterwards as shown in the directions.
And also on older firmwares, you just press L or R instead of them both at the same time to open the camera.

Let me know if it works as 2.1.0-4U is a really old version!
According to this https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_browserhax_common, it says 1.7455 v1024/2.1.0-4..3.0.0-6 is compatible. The main issue is that I cannot get the qr code thing when I press R or L from Home Menu. It seems I that I should update my o3ds to a newer firmware that have already included this feature, does anyone know what firmware version update was it introduced with? Or even better, do you know about any user with old firmware like mine having success installing the hax?

Kippykip

j e f f
OP
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
According to this https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_browserhax_common, it says 1.7455 v1024/2.1.0-4..3.0.0-6 is compatible. The main issue is that I cannot get the qr code thing when I press R or L from Home Menu. It seems I that I should update my o3ds to a newer firmware that have already included this feature, does anyone know what firmware version update was it introduced with? Or even better, do you know about any user with old firmware like mine having success installing the hax?
You can try typing it manually with the wireless off then following the rest of the steps.
I haven't tried myself but let me know if it works

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well tried going directly to yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php and I got the slider page, but once I touch it the 3ds freezes until hard reset. I know that I'm close to find out the answer to make this work but maybe I have to investigate a little more.

Kippykip

j e f f
OP
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well tried going directly to yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php and I got the slider page, but once I touch it the 3ds freezes until hard reset. I know that I'm close to find out the answer to make this work but maybe I have to investigate a little more.
I might toy around doing this method on mine, if I get it working I'll make a video probably

Stupid question, does this work on 9.9.0-20E Old 3ds?
It should, as long as your browser isn't currently saying "YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR 3DS TO USE THE BROWSER"
If it works, do this exploit and install themehax asap!

Brav0

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I might toy around doing this method on mine, if I get it working I'll make a video probably

It should, as long as your browser isn't currently saying "YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR 3DS TO USE THE BROWSER"
If it works, do this exploit and install themehax asap!
I never opened the browser in my life sooo, I heard i need to block it somehow. How should I do it?

Kippykip

j e f f
OP
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia

Jopyee

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I have a old 3DS XL on v9.9 and I still cant access the browser to initialize the savedata, despite changing the date time to 1 Jan 2000, 00:00. Once I attempt to open the browser, it will almost immediately display the prompt to inform me to perform the system update, before I could perform the initialization. Any advice? Thanks.

Bluejay99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have a Old 3ds i think. im new to the whole homebrew thing an cant seem to get any hax to work. i am on version 11.0.0-33 U. I have internet version 1.7625. please help me i want this to work

Last edited by Bluejay99,

Kippykip

j e f f
OP
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I have a old 3DS XL on v9.9 and I still cant access the browser to initialize the savedata, despite changing the date time to 1 Jan 2000, 00:00. Once I attempt to open the browser, it will almost immediately display the prompt to inform me to perform the system update, before I could perform the initialization. Any advice? Thanks.
Not much you can do from here (as far as I know)
hi i have a Old 3ds i think. im new to the whole homebrew thing an cant seem to get any hax to work. i am on version 11.0.0-33 U. I have internet version 1.7625. please help me i want this to work
This exploit got patched on V10.2.0-28, there might be other exploits but I haven't looked at the 3DS homebrew scene in ages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9