Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking in to porting XZone to Android but I can't make any promises. Obviously, XZone for Mac takes preference so I'll only be able to work on an Android build every now and then.

On OSX 10.7 this script works perfectly but doesn't repeat (only does 5 cycles then exits) https://github.com/taintedzodiac/relaymyhome
your script doesn't work at all however, ie. IT disabled the internet connection sharing as soon as it's run :(

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I know, but is that what everyone is doing?
as in, is it only possible to get street passes from a nintendo zone when you have the most current fw?

You can get it on any firmware, as long as the firmware has Nzone settings matching your access point.

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
On OSX 10.7 this script works perfectly but doesn't repeat (only does 5 cycles then exits) https://github.com/taintedzodiac/relaymyhome
your script doesn't work at all however, ie. IT disabled the internet connection sharing as soon as it's run :(

I'll look in to it a bit later. Will need to find my Lion installer and then I'll let you know the progress. :)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hmm well I don't know why it's not working. I can get online, nintendozone is glowing etc. I've put the 3ds in sleep mode and cycled through lots of MACs
Nintendo Zone will glow as soon as can see the appropriate SSID nearby, connection itself is not tested.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I'm having problems again... It was working perfectly last night but today my N3DS can't connect to SoftAP created by nzone.exe at all. Nzone App flashes on my n3ds but I can't connect to internet using this connection but yesterday It was connecting. Also when nzone.exe disables the wifi connection to change the mac adress it can't connect back. Wifi adapter seems enabled but it can't see anyone broadcasting.

Edit 1 : additional info :

Whenever I type nzone.exe start BASE256 I receive this :

View attachment 17715

You see that space between last lines? When It was running properly there wasn't a line like that and now when I type in this command it fails to create macs file on the disk as well. Also it manages to start an hosted network but that network can't connect to anything and there's a red X on it.

I managed to fix it by restarting Internet Sharing Service on Service Manager but my N3DS refuses to connect it now. NZONE app flashing but N3DS can't connect to it.

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I managed to fix it by restarting Internet Sharing Service on Service Manager but my N3DS refuses to connect it now. NZONE app flashing but N3DS can't connect to it.

So everything worked perfect yesterday and It now broken again?

Remember what we did yesterday, we had setup an OPEN driver-supported AP with SSID attwifi .
Since you are now trying to use nzone.exe again, it has setup an encrypted (virtual) AP again.

first of all, turn off nzone.exe and hostednetwork.
Restart your D-link software and set the AP again. Verify it being seen by any wirelesss device and being open.
Try a connection test, if it goes through, streetpass will work.
Use a different MAC switching program, since nzone.exe will now interfere and break stuff.

Depending on the setup, you will have to either MAC switch the Virtual Wifi or MAC switch the hardware one.
Unless Internet works, don't mess with MAC yet. Take care of them after all that.
You will have to MAC switch the adapters MAC, not the virtual one, since these copy their MAC over.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
So everything worked perfect yesterday and It now broken again?

Remember what we did yesterday, we had setup an OPEN driver-supported AP with SSID attwifi .
Since you are now trying to use nzone.exe again, it has setup an encrypted (virtual) AP again.

first of all, turn off nzone.exe and hostednetwork.
Restart your D-link software and set the AP again. Verify it being seen by any wirelesss device and being open.
Try a connection test, if it goes through, streetpass will work.
Use a different MAC switching program, since nzone.exe will now interfere and break stuff.

Depending on the setup, you will have to either MAC switch the Virtual Wifi or MAC switch the hardware one.
Unless Internet works, don't mess with MAC yet. Take care of them after all that.
You will have to MAC switch the adapters MAC, not the virtual one, since these copy their MAC over.

I think the problem was the usb dongle. I used it on another computer and plugged it back to my computer it started to work. I'm going to change any settings from now. I really appreciate you helping me out! Thanks!

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, I just joined the forums to ask for help on all the problems I'm having with nzone.exe.
So far it has only worked twice: the first was when I first tried it, and the second just some minutes ago while trying to solve the problems; I disconnected from my Wi-Fi, tried to start nzone, but got the error "msxml3.dll", so I googled a bit and saw I apparently had to change my system language to English.
So I did just that, and it asked me to log off. When I logged in again, the hosted network was magically up and running, and I turned to look at my 3DS and indeed, it had the green light. I opened it up to check the StreetPasses, and it had Internet connection and everything, but shortly after it became StreetPass only (that happened the only other time I got it to work too), though it still detected the Nintendo Zone.
So I went and tried to do "nzone.exe stop" so I could reset it, but the prompt would just stay blinking and not doing anything. Then I guess I just rebooted the computer or something and I'm again in the same situation of nothing working. I tried to replicate that changing language and logging off thing I did, but to no avail.

What should I do for nzone.exe to consistently work, and for my 3DS to remain with Internet connection?
My computer is a notebook with Windows 7 SP1 and my 3DS a N3DSXL 9.6.0-24U. Here's how my Network Connections screen looks like right now.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, I just joined the forums to ask for help on all the problems I'm having with nzone.exe.
So far it has only worked twice: the first was when I first tried it, and the second just some minutes ago while trying to solve the problems; I disconnected from my Wi-Fi, tried to start nzone, but got the error "msxml3.dll", so I googled a bit and saw I apparently had to change my system language to English.
So I did just that, and it asked me to log off. When I logged in again, the hosted network was magically up and running, and I turned to look at my 3DS and indeed, it had the green light. I opened it up to check the StreetPasses, and it had Internet connection and everything, but shortly after it became StreetPass only (that happened the only other time I got it to work too), though it still detected the Nintendo Zone.
So I went and tried to do "nzone.exe stop" so I could reset it, but the prompt would just stay blinking and not doing anything. Then I guess I just rebooted the computer or something and I'm again in the same situation of nothing working. I tried to replicate that changing language and logging off thing I did, but to no avail.

What should I do for nzone.exe to consistently work, and for my 3DS to remain with Internet connection?
My computer is a notebook with Windows 7 SP1 and my 3DS a N3DSXL 9.6.0-24U. Here's how my Network Connections screen looks like right now.
Browser is not available for tgecssud used in nzone.exe, however eshop and games over internet is working. So if you had streetpass don't touch anything else.

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Browser is not available for tgecssud used in nzone.exe, however eshop and games over internet is working. So if you had streetpass don't touch anything else.
I managed to make it work once again, though I received no StreetPasses this time so I can't be sure if it copletely worked. So anyway, it enabled the hosted network, but after like 2 minutes, it disconnected itself, and now it isn't working anymore once again.
Another very infuriating problem I have is that I can't disable network connections, which is what I apparently have to do to get things working, so I have to reboot every time in order to disable the hosted network. Is there any console command that can do this? Disable as in to leave it gray.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im trying to get my homepass reset up and done all the instruction on page one to set it up and will follow steps on page 10 but can someone help get my homepass back up and running on my laptop native and how do i get it the virtual network password free? when i got it set up it didnt pass the connection test also can someone tell me how to make my homepass not called consolenintendo3ds? or is that how it suppose to be?

danone42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please fix XZone so it would be impossible to spam to the same MAC whithin the cooldown period. As of now I can't see it is linked.

danone42 if it worked before, just do not touch anything and keep it running.

Linux and Windows native methods works differently because Windows can't make virtual AP with no password and password settings is actually linked with SSIDs on 3DS

I kept it running for almost 2 hours for the past couple of days but still nothing. Everything is normal in nzone.exe (macs are cycling, it shows internet in ipv4, nintendo zone glows) except my 3ds shows that enabled sign at the top left screen with gray color and no packets are being received. In cmd, no clients are connecting to the hostednetwork. I also tried it on my other laptop but it still does not work.

yamfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Oh my god I stopped using home relay for some months so I just found out they updated it to disable the old way.
(I used the DDWRT method)

What's a SSID and security setting that works for a Japanese 3DS nowadays?

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok im trying to get my homepass reset up and done all the instruction on page one to set it up and will follow steps on page 10 but can someone help get my homepass back up and running on my laptop native and how do i get it the virtual network password free? when i got it set up it didnt pass the connection test also can someone tell me how to make my homepass not called consolenintendo3ds? or is that how it suppose to be?

What Vendor and Model is your Wifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw